1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Moving the beta files.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Omerta, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Omerta

Omerta New Cupcake

When I first installed the beta I put it on my regular hard drive for Program Files. I want to move it to my SSD now that I have uninstalled SWTOR. I tried uninstalling it via the Control Panel but a little pop-up window pops and shuts immediately without making any changes. I have no add-ons for the game, and I temporarily paused my AV prog in order to do the removal. I am thinking about just shoving it into the recycle bin and then starting fresh.

Any other suggestions?
  2. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

No need to uninstall - just drag it over to the SSD, done it quite a few times. Best of luck
  3. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Pejo is correct. Just drag it wherever you want it. I've moved mine around. No need to uninstall at any point in time. Just keep patching until release.
  4. daihenka

daihenka New Cupcake

There is a bug in the launcher that started to appear since Winter Beta Patch 4 was released. If you wish to move the game folder now, you will need to change the path in your registry at:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WildStar\Uninstall
    Change the directory name to where you want to move it the game folder to.

Otherwise, the game will create a directory at the old location and attempt to patch/reinstall there instead.
    Digital Fog likes this.
  5. Digital Fog

Digital Fog New Cupcake

Thanks daihenka..just what I needed to find.