1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My 2 biggest concerns with WS are,

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by FairyTailisBack, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Sprint increases was just one of the examples they threw out (pretty sure they said jump increases too or something idk it was months ago) and while it certainly could come in handy in pvp, raid mechanics are kinda built around everyone being able to jump/sprint the same amount

I mean, you wouldn't want to ruin the challenge would you?
  2. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

I think that is the point of the separation though.
    Even if you can sprint longer or jump higher you will lack the stats needed to actually be effective in those raid/pvp situations, you can sprint and jump around your enemy all you want but you wont have the strikethrough to do any damage.

Seems like it will be a sharp line for carbine to walk so as not to create some weird max combo gear fiasco but it would be nice to have some "flare" stated gear to add some fun to solo/grp open world wandering.
  3. Steeze

Steeze New Cupcake

Anyone else cringe when they realized they will need to carry 3 different sets around (maybe more for healers/tanks) in their inventory? Llama face :-(
    Oconnell likes this.
  4. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

Not really. My Raid gear will be better than my solo / group gear. Because it's a higher item level.
  5. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Admit it, you only read the last post on the thread right? :cautious:
  6. CriSPeH

CriSPeH Cupcake-About-Town

You can warp to your player house at anytime and your player house will have nice little mannequins to display and store your gear on.
    Steeze likes this.
  7. Cartographer

Cartographer Cupcake-About-Town

I played a Druid in WoW, even in Vanilla I carried more gear sets than that.
    If WindStar manages to keep it down to just three, I'll be overjoyed.
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Considering my main is likely to be an Esper, I had already planned to carry two sets of gear for healing and dps. Likely, using just a mix of the two when playing alone. Even in Guild Wars 2, I carried around a few sets. Mostly so I could have something a little different from time to time with my elementalist.
  9. Vyril

Vyril Cupcake-About-Town

lol no, but i guess it does look that way.
    Roadblock likes this.
  10. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

I have a feeling the gold to farm a creed is going to be a lot less than people think.

Why?

Because gold is going to be worth a lot more than in any mmo out today. Gold is going to be for consumables to be able to down raid bosses. It's going to be for repairs, mounts, and trade skills, and housing.

All these things have been said to be very deep.

If you think a bunch of rich people are going to be able to buy endless gold you're a fool. 50 days of farming is what a credd will go for

IF anything I could see a new type of game play around hording Creed by being a farmer lol!
  11. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

It's the same as any other game. I can't think of any game I've played that let's me get away with just one set.
  12. FairyTailisBack

FairyTailisBack Cupcake-About-Town

1st you say CREDD will be cheaper than we think, then you say it will take 50 days of farming.

50 days of farming takes CREDD and Wildstar out of the scope of f2p.

50 days is a bit extreme, idk anyone predicting timelines that HIGH.
    I was thinking like 40 hours of playtime maybe, varying greatly depending on your ability to farm gold.
  13. NabeShogun

NabeShogun Cupcake

So this basically means solo gear has better base stats than raid gear ... whilst I get the usefulness of the raid only attributes, it still makes me sad.
  14. Greyno

Greyno New Cupcake

But one question:

Devs said that dungeons will be hard and I guess that encounters live longer than 1 minute. So don´t you think that raiditems will be better for that content? And where can Raider get their first items to go in a raid?
  15. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I guess the multiple threads with discussions on this subject that were already locked weren't enough...

CREDD = P2W no matter how you try to justify that it isn't.

/thread
  16. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I'm not sure what this means.

You will get this from level 50 "heroic" dungeons and probably a few crafted items.
  17. Whistler

Whistler Cupcake

I think he's saying that boss fight encounters will last longer than 1 minute.
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It's only a matter of time until this thread is closed for business too. XD
    Jabberwocky likes this.
  19. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

The dungeon bosses won’t (or have a much lower chance to) crit the tank, they will not require as much hit, and healers will not have to put out the volume of heals that they will in a raid. Likely you will get some of the raid stats on dungeon gear and the early raid bosses will not have as strict of raid stat gear requirements.
  20. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

It makes you sad that a "casual" Solo Guy wearing his content-appropriate gear will have a higher value in his base stats than you will in your raid gear, that's what I'm taking away from this.

Nevermind that if Solo Guy steps into a raid he likely couldn't put out the Uber Deepz<tm> that you could because he's lacking those secondary stats. He has a bigger number so he's giving you a complex.
    ruff_ethereal and Leiloni like this.