1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My new Wildstar Blog: Wildstar Nexus

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Roland Daemon, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Roland Daemon

Roland Daemon Cupcake-About-Town

(I apologize if this is in the wrong sub-forum... this seems more like a fan-creation more than General Discussions)

I'm kind of.. jumping headfirst into the community here with this and I Figure I should post this here (Seeing as the majority of this community happens to be right here :D)

I've started and posted my first blog (kind of explaining my experience with the world so far and past experiences with other games) and hope to post more in the future. I do plan on doing a podcast for some of the cooler things and having conversations with a friend who will join up with me later.

I'm over at http://wildstarnexus.wordpress.com/ and have a few other places you can get in contact with me.

I did some writing over at Guildwarsinsider.com back when Guild Wars 2 was about to come out and enjoyed my time there, but due to real life issues, I stopped and kind of fell off the radar. The friend I mentioned above mentioned Wildstar again and I Decided to start get my write back on.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and writing for my blog (and yes, im aware that there's a podcast/blog here... I'm not trying to step on toes as this was not my intent... I just want a place I can write for my own.)

If you have any questions for me... feel free to ask.

...I really hope this doesn't count as advertising... I'd feel like such a jackass....
  2. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Awesome! Always excited to see new wildstar stuff popping up :)
    Roland Daemon likes this.
  3. Roland Daemon

Thank you. I was honestly worried that i'd be beaten off with a stick much like older communities I Was a part of (but that's what happens when gamers get old and bitter about their IP's)

I just put another post about the game. I hope people enjoy My style of writing (and my friends when he finally gets on there :D)
  4. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

Hi and welcome to the community :)
  5. Roland Daemon

Thanks!... I need to.. actually spend time here and get into some dicussions... but so far everyone's been incredible which is... awesome.
  6. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Oh, don't worry, it's really not like that here. We're all looking for really anything that we can devour about the game. :p

Also, I was a huge fan of GWI and frequented it until I stopped playing the game.
  7. Roland Daemon

GW was a great game, GW1 had its style and GW2 had its own style... It sucks that personal reasons pulled me away from it :/

In any case, I'm glad to present my newest post Analyzing the PvP Analysis.

http://wildstarnexus.wordpress.com/...-like-to-call-it-warplots-seriously-warplots/

Seriously... Warplots....
  8. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

I was so excited about GW2 from the moment I saw the manifesto video, but on the whole I was abysmally disappointed because I don't feel like I actually got anything that was originally promised. The near perfect leveling experience was worth the box price, don't get me wrong, but I just wish there had been more than that.

On topic: nice write up. Though, in your Elo scenario, if a friend/guildmate is above/below my Elo would I be barred from playing with them? Either way, allowing them to play with me (and thus get their faces rocked off) or me play with them (and thus screwing the lower geared people over) it creates an odd scenario. I can't currently think of a solution to that dilemma.
  9. EldritchSandwich

EldritchSandwich Cupcake

Wow, this thing's looking awesome. Good on ya, mate! :)
  10. Roland Daemon

Yeah.. there were alot of things that Anet didn't quite deliver on about the game that were some key things that I Was hoping for. I Also found the trait system to be kind of.. subpar.. yeah unique but didn't really add any kind of flashy flair that I liked (like in WoW... when you were a frost mage, people knew it for example)

Cale and I will actually be doing a podcast/discussion on the ELO scenario because he messaged me and cringed about that fact. Seeing how he's big into the LoL ELO... it'll be interesting to actually.. hear his view on the issue and we'll have a good back and forth.
    spencerBAXLEY likes this.