1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My speculations for the final Race/Class combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Yinello, May 29, 2013.

1. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Because I have nothing better to do, I decided to try my hand at guessing what may be Wildstar's final race/class combinations for the game. To get to the end, I had to make use of a couple of assumptions beforehand:

1: There is a balance between factions (so there aren't more espers on one side for example).
    2. The two extra classes will have a staff and a rifle. Staff is nature attuned while rifle is technological.
    3. Humans and Cassians can be any class.
    4. Each race has a counter race in the other factions. Aurins vs Draken, Mechari vs Granok, Humans vs Cassians and the "Chua" vs "Redactoids".

Please keep in mind that I could be totally wrong in any of these assumptions.

Also Carbine has confirmed that the Granok can be the 2 new classes, so their combinations are pretty much solid. With that, I have the following for you:

[​IMG]

I hope it's clear enough but you can always ask questions if something doesn't make sense. A couple of things came to my attention:
    - Espers actually have the lowest amount compared to the other classes. This leads me to believe my assumption about class balance is incorrect and that the Exiles may have more Espers in their races.
    - My favorite race atm, the Redactoids, can't be any of the classes I really want to be so in a way I totally sabotaged myself. xD
    - The counter balance for Aurin might be the Chua instead which also makes sense.

So that's it! Questions, criticisms of how incredibly wrong I am and merits of agreeing with me are welcome! I also am very eager to hear about your speculations and what I might have missed.

EDIT: I've added dots to indicate which classes can perform what role:

[​IMG]

I plan to make another speculation by including class role balance, so I will most likely update this thread somewhere this week. :3
  2. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

I like your analysis !

That said I was thinking (as you say at the end) that the Aurins are the counterparts to the Chuas (I SOOOOO hope we get those as a race) and thus the Draken are counterparts to the Redactoids (lol nice name there !) : size and look wise.

Then again Chuas are "for now" counterparts to Redactoids since they share the traits of both being un-announced yet.

OMG : i'd sooooo love to play a Chua-engineer type class, hopefully both those will come true ha ha :p !
    Gizmos gadgets, on a gremlin type race : wait ? Did I say Gizmo and Gremlin in the same sentence ???
    SilentJ and Yinello like this.
  3. Shoogli

Shoogli Cupcake-About-Town

Oh I forgot : as for constructive criticism, I would suggest (when you have the time, that is) to edit your chart and say add little coloured bullets near the classes to indicate who can be tank, dps or healer, say like :

orange bullet = tank
    red bullet = dps
    green bullet = healer
    Yinello likes this.
  4. Yinello

It's interesting that you say that because after I posted the image I realized I hadn't taken into account the possible class mechanics. :D I'm currently working on a version that includes them and it might change my speculations (after all we don't want too many healers or tanks in one area). ;)

Just for you I will add if they're tank/dps/healer on the image I have posted now later today.
  5. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

No disagreements perfect
    Yinello likes this.
  6. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

A few points;
    ~Humans being everything doesn't sit well with me especially since they're already going to be over represented, it might be a good marketing move but I'd like to think they'd give people a reason not to roll a human.
    ~The medic/staff class was supposed to be a 'badass up close healer' this combined with the fact the engineer/rife class is ranged (and having two melee classes and four ranged classes when you have 6 total classes seems unlikely) would suggest they're beefy. I personally think they'd go to the mechari/redactoids and get culled from the aurin/chua especially considering the minimal distribution of esper you have.

That's just my opinion though.
    Yinello likes this.
  7. Yinello

Good points!
    -I went with the idea because at the moment it seems like they will but maybe Humans and Cassians won't be able to be the 2 new classes at all. I hope Carbine will give us more info on it soon.
    - Unfortunately there's been no proper hint what the roles of the 2 new classes will be so I took a guess. Once it's certain what they are I will be able to make a better prediction. It is possible that Chua could get Stalker instead of Staff, but I do feel that they're bound to be Rifle because the screenshots hint that they're much into technology.
  8. MrJayBob

MrJayBob New Cupcake

Humans/Cassians will have all Classes available to them, to go alongside the fact that the reason both factions have humans, is so people will have a "Safe" Pick regardless of where they go
  9. quivers

quivers Cupcake

nice chart thingy, only input i have is haven't they said that granok/mechari can be both unannounced classes somewhere? also while we know that rifle is pretty much confirmed, haven't only npc's been seen using staffs? so if the weapon for that class is something else it might throw your chart way off
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they said Granok can be both of the unannounced classes, they've not said whether Mechari can or not.
  11. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

there have been a few "staff" users in screenshots that *look* like they might be people, not NPCs.
  12. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Well presented. I like the reasoning. Will sit back and wait for announcements...I was thinking about a Redactoid Esper hmm...Redactoid Rifleman may be cool.

One note. What if the humans don't get the staff? Let us say it is related to a more "alien" power/perspective that the humans lack in order to master that class.
  13. Chipster

Chipster New Cupcake

Any source to back this up, or is it just speculation? Having Humans able to be all 6 classes while Granok can only be 3 seems a little imbalanced to me. I don't think any race is going to have more than 5 classes available to them at launch, and I'm actually hoping none of them have more than 4. I wouldn't mind it at all if Humans/Cassians didn't get either of the two new classes.
  14. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

Great Analysis, and I honestly can't fault it one bit. I think you are spot on.
  15. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

how is it imbalanced? both factions have 1 race that can be everything, and 1 race that can only be 3 by this analysis.

now if only say, the humans could be everything, but cassians couldn't. that would be imbalanced. and that would lend more people to the faction that had the more options for their human (or any other class really)

but yes, as far as we know it is just speculation at this point, but seeing as traditionally humans are known for being adaptable, i think its a fair guess that both forms of humans will have access to all 6
  16. MrJayBob

MrJayBob New Cupcake

while it wasn't said that Humans/Cassians could be all classes, the reason they have humans on both side though is because of being a Safe Pick, which was mentioned in a post from Carbine on their main site a while back (I'll post it if I can find it again).

So yes, saying that humans can be all classes is purely speculation at this point, but wouldn't make much sense of being a Safe Pick if they couldn't, and we know that humans can be the Rifle Class at least, from various videos (primarily from the Devspeak: Movement Video)
  17. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

I don't think Humans should get to be everything.

I think they will be though, and picking Human or Cassian will be the definition of mundane.

Can you say overpopulated,
  18. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i don't think they'll be over populated either. as you said, they're mundane... boring. i think that unless someone wants an esper that isn't a chua/aurin, we'll see a fairly even distrobution.
    Kookieduck likes this.
  19. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with you that the Mechari will get the Rifle class. It would be weird if they didn't because it's so fitting and we've seen so many with them already. If the Rifle class is not a healer however, that will leave the Mechari with no option to heal. I'm thinking that Carbine are going to make it possible to heal or tank with every race. (Assuming the staff class heals and rifle class tanks) I'm thinking Mechari will get both new classes.
    Heart in the Stars likes this.
  20. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Why do people think there's a staff class when the only things we've seen with staves are NPC's?