1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My speculations for the final Race/Class combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Yinello, May 29, 2013.

1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Because of multiple reasons:

1. It's cool :cool:

2. Carbine seems to love a ''fair share'' (3 tanks/3 healers 6dps) now atm they got 2 melee 2 range + rifle would make it 2 melee 3 range, going on with the trend would leave it to 3 melee 3 range.

3. We've seen NPC melee casters, so there is a chance (even if it's a small one) that we can play as 1 aswell.

4. We've already got 2 melee ''psysical damage types'' (warrior and stalker), a melee ''magic damage type'' would be the most ''unique'' choice.

5. People just want a melee'ish caster.

I think these are the main reasons people want to believe there will be a melee/staff/caster class in-game.
  2. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

Granoks and likely Mechari will be getting the last healing class and we already have 2 magic-based healers. It's only natural to assume we're getting a tech-based healer. Personal desires need to give way to logic and patterns in speculation.
  3. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

We're using it because of the evidence we've seen thus far. If anything people just use it as a name place holder...
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well that's if it's a healer at all :D

I'm more seeing it as a magic tank (and rifle/tech-based healer).
    Also eventually the Grannok race was spiritual so magic can suit them just fine, the Mechari....that's a bit tricky. But you never know how the Eldan made them ;) I mean those Mechari do got some weird crystals on their heads, mayby it allows them to channel 1 particular magic element :p

But yeh, i'm pretty sure the rifle class is ''confirmed'' because of the sheer amount of evidence (not official, but neither are the Chua's).
    And the last class can be something completely different, if Carbine wants it. Because in some note's they have WAY more then just 6 weapons types for the playable characters (i think it were around 9-10 weapon types).

So Carbine still got some classes up their sleeves already for future expansions, if they just pick another one instead of that ''melee/techno/healer'' then we can just end up with something completely different.

Who knows? Carbine knows!
  5. Rizzalliss

Rizzalliss Cupcake

Not gonna lie, if this 'staff class' ends up being a tank/dps instead of healer/dps, I will go nuts. In a good way. I have wanted a good 'Mage-tank' class for many games now. It is the only way that they could potentially get me to change from Warrior at the start. :D
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Same ^_^

I don't like the tank classes atm so i've really got my hopes up for the last tanking class since i'm always a tank :D Now let's hope it will become a nice/awesome tank.

A mage tank or a range tank would both be nice, for me :up:
  7. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

I have been trying to put this across for ages....but many folks seem to be stuck on the whole premise that because the two announced Tanking classes are Tech and the two announced Healing Classes are Magic that it's somehow not possible for these to be switched around.

Hell there was an interview not that long back that quite strongly suggested that these traits weren't specifically attatched to a role.

So once again I'm going to go with the two remaining classes are a Magic Melee DPS/Tank and a Tech Ranged DPS/Healer.

Dominion
    Cassian: All
    Mechari: Warrior, Stalker, Tech Ranged DPS/Healer
    Chau: Stalker, Tech Ranged DPS/Healer, Esper, Gunslinger
    Drakon: Warrior, Stalker, Gunslinger, Magic Melee DPS/Tank

Exiles
    Human: All
    Granok: Warrior, Tech Ranged DPS/Healer, Magic Melee DPS/Tank
    Aurin: Stalker, Gunslinger, Esper, Magic Melee DPS/Tank
    Redacted: Warrior, Tech Ranged DPS/Healer, Stalker, Gunslinger
  8. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

All I know is that if the unnamed Exile race can, in fact, be Spellslingers, and they live up to their hype, I will be a very happy camper. :)

That said, I agree with most of the predictions made in the original post and for pretty much the same logic.

The only thing that concerns me is the Granok. It feels unfortunate that they have such a small class selection. I think in the end, I would have preferred they didn't have any race-class limitations at all. It would allow for so much more variety amongst the players, as opposed to knowing that if you're facing a Granok, you know they'll only be one of three things.
    Neurotic Cucpake likes this.
  9. Surgius

Surgius New Cupcake

Great Analysis , I was leading towards the exact same assumption , well done!
  10. Vaq

Vaq New Cupcake

I'd say that they make it so all races got 3 classes each except the humans due to the granok only have 3 classes. If the last classes have a tech/alchemist concept it would make sense to not give the auri and the draken more classes.
  11. Drayvo

Drayvo Cupcake

I think it will be a tech based healer (Medic). It would fill the paladin archetype and be a healer/tank using advanced technology, armor, and biochemicals to poison and paralyze.

With this class there would be 3 tanks and 3 healers and it would open options for Granok and Mechari to heal, but also for Aurin and Chua to tank. How cool would that be?
  12. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I've always preferred being a DPS warrior type. It's never stopped me from being ready to tank though, and I've answered that call plenty of times.

I'm really curious about the two new classes though, if they look interesting enough then I might break my warrior ways.
  13. Grimnar40k

Grimnar40k Cupcake-About-Town

So we have a Heavy / Medium armor left and would assume a melee / range and again would assume a tank / healer.

I would love to see something like a Heavy armored "iron man" suit wearing tech ranged tank probably that would feel similar to the ranged tanks in SWTOR. They had medium range with lots of CC. I guess they would have the option for longer range traditional 30-40 yard range but somehow sacrifice their tankiness. I've heard they will have "specs" in W* so this would be an easy fix with a passive. DPS spec"All ranged attacks gain 20 yards to range". And in the Tank spec something like "Your Engineer battle suit now come equipped with plasma bulwark which gives a 20% damage reduction".

Now as for the medium armor I'm at a complete loss. I have seen ideas around the forums of a staff wielder. If our Engineer ends up being the range option then that only leaves us with a medium armored melee dps / healer as our last option. Would this be some sort of hybrid of a Monk / Cleric / Paladin melee healer type? Of course Paladin is the heaviest of heavies when it comes to RPG archetypes but this is space and well we all have to be willing to accept some compromises I guess in order to achieve balance within the classes mix of play styles.

Personally I hope that whatever it is that it's just something fresh and creative. I don't know what it is about the "monk" name that just turns me away. Bio tech melee healer of uber staff doom pwnererage? anything but monk please! lol
  14. Keeper of Ages

Keeper of Ages New Cupcake

What made you change your mind? As I recall on the classes thread you argued against that with BlindSear a while after I made the suggestion that the Staff/Magic wielder could be the tank and the Rifle/Engineer could be the healer. I refrained from posting again on the forums because I felt there was a lot of animosity going on. :(
    Extatica likes this.
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Shall we say I know things that you shouldn't know (I wish i didn't), so I just see alot of things now :p
    But it's hard to say things, because now I know what it is, so even if I were ''speculating'' I now know other things so it isn't speculating for me.......so that's why I keep ''changing my mind'' with this subject.

I really wish I didn't knew :cry:

But you were spot on with your observation about me :up:
    Keeper of Ages likes this.
  16. Karl Pedder

Nice this means I was spot on about 5 months ago.....
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

His observations about how I changed....:p But you just go think otherwise ;) and get surprised later on.
  18. Karl Pedder

So what your saying is you expect to be suprised later on?

Since this ^ is what I have been saying since Feb......
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think you think too much behind this :p But I do hope you'll get surprised :eek: Or mayby you won't....:( But you never know :D Mayby you're right :up: But mayby you're not :cautious: What can it be :confused: Time will tell what it will be :coffee: Unless you can travel trough time :alien: Or you'll just wait :sleep: Or mayby you already now :sneaky: Even so i'll remain silent :speechless: Too bad :down: But, hé, I aint some flipping ninja :ninja: Unless i get angry :mad: But mayby i'm more of a devil then :devilish: But I still love Carbine :inlove: And they do a mighty fine job :notworthy: And then that humor of them :roflamo: Not to speak of the already excisting lore :geek: But what ever they do, I think it'll all work out :cool: It's not like it'll go down the drain :sick: Keep up the good work Carbine!! love you guys :oops: And i'm sure i'll remain happy to play the game :)

Now that'll cover almost all options :rolleyes:

On topic
    My thoughts:
    Although I did wish more games would use alchemie not as a proffesion but more for some sort of class mechanics, trowing glass bottles with explosive stuff etc.....Drinking up own concoctions to improve things or change in shape/size.

Or atleast make the Alchemie proffesion less of a ''passive'' proff and instead make more consumables/usables (although i don't see that happen in WS with the LAS).

I want to see more toxic/poison/chemical love in MMO's :inlove: and not being used on some stupid daggers to poison someone (looking at you WoW rogue) :cautious:

Also it just would fit perfectly with the Chua crazy scientists don't you think?
  20. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry, I need to shamelessly pat myself on the back for accurately predicting the (current) classes for our 2 new races. xD
    Ennui and Eluldor like this.