1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

My speculations for the final Race/Class combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Yinello, May 29, 2013.

1. Woody

Woody New Cupcake

hoping they keep adding. i'm an alt-o-holic, i get really bored playing a single char for too long.
    gotta have some diversity.
  2. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Fair enough, you presented everything rather well. Too bad my space zombie can't be an Esper. Awaiting more information on final classes!
  3. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I can't wait ^_^
  4. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Anything but this medic class and I'll be happy. Although I do hope there's an awesome class waiting in the wings that will be perfect for me. I hope that class exists. ;_;

Although I do suspect the worst case is true...
  5. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i was just coming to check if you were accurate. your analysis was very well thought out. i think you are going to be spot on for everything else as well.
  6. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks! I think however with the 2 new classes I'm going to be wrong. It seems the Chua and the Mordesh will have both the new classes to play (which is a bit odd but eh) so there won't be much patting to do soon. xD
  7. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

i heard the mordesh were only getting one of them, so they'd both have 4 classes.
  8. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Can I take one step ahead of you? :D
    While I'm not much in the mood to make a stylized chart (though it would very well aide in the understanding) here's the breakdown of what exists right now:
    Warrior: Tank/mDPS
    Spellslinger: Healer/rDPS
    Stalker: Tank/mDPS
    Esper: Healer/rDPS

Right now we have two of each possibility: Tank, Healer, mDPS, rDPS.
    As far as I can remember, one of the devs in an interview stated they don't want pure DPS classes. This alludes to the fact the next two classes will be some sort of dps with a second spec of one being a tank and one being able to spec into a healer. While they could turn around and very well make two healers or two tanks this is just my speculation so based on that my logic tells me it'd be one of each.
    Furthermore, for my speculation of what kind of dps we'll have let's take a step further and look at the current primary attributes for each current class.

Warrior: Strength/Tech
    Spellslinger: Dex/Wis
    Stalker: Dex/Tech
    Esper: Magic/Wis

This means we have:
    1 Strength
    2 Tech
    2 Dex
    2 Wis
    1 Magic

To even this up, I'd predict the two new classes will have one that is Strength based in their dps and one that is Magic based in their dps. Since i've guessed prior that one would be a tank and one would be a healer I would logically match it up as:

Class X: Strength/Tech
    Class Y: Magic/Wis

This would result in a total breakdown of:
    3 Tech
    3 Wis
    2 Str
    2 Dex
    2 Mag

Put differently, this would result in:
    3 Tanks (3 Tech)
    3 Healers (3 Wis)
    3 mDPS (2 Str, 1 Dex)
    3 rDPS (2 Mag, 1 Dex)

Remember that Tech and Wis are the Tank and Healer stats.
    Although we have an imbalance of the amount of Tech and Wis in the breakdown that would probably be seen as "okay" in the industry and community since in most other games Tanks and Healers are under-represented so having more option to be one may encourage more people to try it out.

Of course this is speculation on my part so I wouldn't take or quote this as fact for any other conversation! xD
    With that said, despite this being my own speculation I could even argue with myself that maybe it wouldn't be necessarily the best thing to have an even number of melee dps to ranged dps or melee to tank or ranged to healer.
    With so much left to discover I could chase my tail for hours. :3
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you gotta remember though Sylph - that they said that they renamed the stats. so it could be all sorts of wonky now.
  10. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Well maybe even though the stats are getting renamed that won't mean what the stat is/does will change.
    /shrug
  11. Keeper of Ages

Keeper of Ages New Cupcake

I used attributes in a similar manner to Sylph to older speculations on other threads, but I found that if the last two classes were Strength/Wisdom and Magic/Tech there would be no two classes alike- as Espers already use Magic/Wisdom and Warriors use Strength/Tech.

This would result in a caster tank and a more durable healer perhaps ~ which would be different from typical stereotypes/what the other classes already exhibit.

As Kataryna said though, I've heard they have changed their attribute system. If it is only the names, however, the current formula of one tank, one healer, and three dps attributes could still stand. We'll have to wait and see!

I'm interested in seeing if Humans/Cassians will in fact get all classes, and if so whether or not all other races will get 4 classes with the exception of the Granok. Maybe one of the Dominion races will only have 3 to keep it "even".
  12. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

I hope they do. As it stands, Humans/Cassians are the most aesthetically neutral race in terms of player preference (I realize how broad of a statement that is <.<). By having it like this, if people are stuck picking a faction based on what friends are playing (probably what will be my fate) then Humans/Cassians become the perfect fall-back race for those in that situation so long as they can play any class.
    Keeps people from getting bottle-necked into a race they don't wanna look at. I felt like that was the goal of making Humans/Cassians compatible with every class and I hope it stays to that trend.
  13. Keeper of Ages

Keeper of Ages New Cupcake

True. I'm glad that they have "humans" on either side, because in WoW it really skewed Faction populations. Night/Blood Elves and Draenei were slightly less popular than humans, but of the other races they can be called the most "humanoid" and "pretty" compared to Orcs and Trolls etc. It's interesting how many names are thrown around in that community over your racial choice.

I'm in the boat where I'd rather play anything but human characters, because more often than not other races have more exotic appearances and interesting lore and roleplay opportunities. Also being a human in reality makes being "something else" more appealing. I feel that a number of the humanoid alien races they have made (Aurin, Granok, Draken, Mechari, Mordesh) are catering to very different aesthetics.

So Humans/Cassians will probably have all classes. I'm wondering what Dominion race will be pegged with 3 classes like the Granok.
  14. Ennui

Ennui Cupcake

one other thing about stalkers that they haven't updated on the main page. DEX, or Finesse, as it is called for this game, is no longer the stalker DPS stat. brutality(STR) is now the stalker DPS stat. i forget where they talked about this, but i know they talked about it somewhere.
  15. Rafe

Rafe Cupcake

I hope they give more information on the classes soon. Like how the stats and abilities work, stuff like that. Of course they might release the last 2 classes before they start doing specifics on each class. And they might still change stuff, cause it's beta. But anyways we love to speculate, don't we?