1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

NCSoft/Carbine in E3 2013

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Maxtross, May 25, 2013.

1. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

Publishers usually announce an aaa game like this 60 days in advance.NCSOFT also follows this marketing rule.
    Calsic likes this.
  2. Dalgrimar

Dalgrimar Cupcake

So 60days before the official release date?
    Ok, thanks for info.
    I had no clue about that
  3. Rizlah

Rizlah Cupcake

At this rate im thinking mid-later December, and i wouldent be surprised to see it actually releasing jan-feb of 2014
  4. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

5. AusterlitZ

AusterlitZ Well-Known Cupcake

there are some rules regarding release on big games like this.They never (ofc there are exceptions) get released in september,december,first 2 weeks of january,june,july and early august.This is because things like holidays,fiscal period,distribution and production busy periods (december) or low periods (august is the month for holiday for most production factories,so you will have problems printing and distributing the game).My opinion is octomber/november,or 2014,very slim chances for september or december release.
  6. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Yes really.
  7. Dalgrimar

Dalgrimar Cupcake

Please let it not be 2014 :(
    I want this game this year, srsly...
    I dont care if its not perfect finished, just patch that sh*t bro
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Hmm, 60 days warning is right ok with me, ample time to ask for a couple of vacation days about a week after release date (because I am not a fanboi planning for infailability).
  9. Valderen

Valderen New Cupcake

It's a big disapointment for me, one of the biggest show of the year no new info whatsoever. Heck actually almost no coverage at all...the one article that came out is negative.

While the Wednesday news was boring, I don't expect something from it every week...but failing to get any coverage at E3 is pretty bad. You're within 6 months of launch, and can't get any mention of your game anywhere.

One thing that I noticed is that they seem to be mentioning less 2013, and more when it's ready for release date...sign tha they might be behind schedule?
  10. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

I'm sure we'll see more articles about Wildstar once E3 is over and people have time to write it up. They supposedly had some off site get together so I'd imagine at least the MMO sites were invited to that-I know Scott Hawkes from ZAM/gamebreaker said he had an appointment with them.
  11. Bigal007

Bigal007 Cupcake

So what good stuff did we miss ??
  12. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Sadly I don't think we've missed anything. I think she was referring to the Game Jam article :(

As others have stated, there was supposed to be/is a closed off-site press event where they'll be talking about some (hopefully new) stuff... I think most people are looking to that as the last bastion of hope for something interesting to be released. Looking more and more like Carbine dropped the ball here somewhat though

(maybe not! there's still time...)
  13. Hawk Sungrifter

Hawk Sungrifter New Cupcake

They just tweeted they will be at Dreamhack 15th-18th
  14. kuunkulta

kuunkulta Cupcake-About-Town

But they don't have their own booth there either. They're mooching on Logitech there
  15. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Can you cite this for me please, when did NCSoft "fallout" with E3?
  16. Daynejah

Daynejah Cupcake

Ceodoc likes this.
  17. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Cheers Daynejah
    Daynejah likes this.
  18. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

Back in Feb., the internet exploded with "ZOMG WILDSTAR CONFIRMED FOR 2013!!!" because of Gaffney's blog post stating that things were on schedule for a 2013 release. To me, the talk of "when it's ready" is more of a reaction to that explosion of supposed confirmation than hinting at it being pushed back.

I don't think they expected such a rash jump to ZOMG CONFIRMED from what Gaffney stated, his exact quote is, "We've always been focused on launching WildStar when it's ready, but we think that time's approaching fast. And so today, I'm very freakin' excited to share with you that our schedules are pointing towards WildStar hitting “It’s Ready” this year: 2013."
  19. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

I actually disagree here, I think that enough information has been released and enough "hinting/implying" has occurred from the Carbine team that people can genuinely expect a 2013 release without overstepping what the Devs have agreed to/said.

If the release date wont be until 2014 (I would imagine they would know by now if they game will be ready to ship in the next 6 months or not) I think they-Carbine have a responsibility to the community/fans to inform them as such. It's clear that the fans expect a 2013 release based on things the Devs themselves have stated, so if those expectations (however flawed) aren't going to be met, then Carbine should update everyone accordingly.

It's very much a mirror situation of this whole E3 debacle - Carbine said they would be there and said their would be news. Many people assumed (with good reason) that this meant BIG NEWS. And when it wasn't delivered, people were disappointed. If Carbine had just said outright "hey, probably not much info coming out of E3, we're saving it for PAX" no one would have cared. Carbine needs to manage the expectations of its fan-base, even if those expectations are not what Carbine had in mind.
  20. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

*Looks at the calendar* 13 June 2013. That means there are still around 6 months for a 2013 release date. If for some reason it doesn't get released till 2014, that just means we get a better and more polished game. Geez what a shame that would be. Given recent MMO history, it would be such a travesty if a game actually released in a finished state........
    Phakz likes this.