1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Need help in selecting...everything

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mark Hain, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Mark Hain

Mark Hain New Cupcake

I have been watching from the sidelines (never getting into any kind of beta) with bated breath for the launch of Wildstar.. I love MMOs and have pretty much played any worth playing. I started a Mech last night Engineer/Soldier just cause I thought it sounded cool (plus the characters look AWESOME...like Death's Head from Marvel UK).

I'm usually a mage and I may re-roll but I'm just curious to all the peeps who know this game in and out...what character type is the most fun to kill with?
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Can you ask an even more subjective question?

Just try them all ;)
    All those below me who will try to answer just kid themselves trying to answer such a question :roflamo:

But let us bask in pleasure with all the answers that will be given :up:
  3. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Well if you like Mage classes than Esper, SpellSlinger and Engineer are the ranged classes. Warrior and Stalker are up close melee and feel very dynamic with telegraphs. Medic is...well...AOE and CC in combat, there's not really much like it.
  4. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

One of Wildstar's biggest problems is that all of the classes are really really fun to play. Each new character you play will only make your decision harder. Most of the people I've talked with about Wildstar have experienced this same effect.

Wildstar is simply a legitimately fun game to play.
    See: http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2014/05/19/the-state-of-play

I'll second what Extatica posted:
  5. Mark Hain

Mark Hain New Cupcake

I have built an engineer, an esper and a spellslinger.. I just was looking to see if someone would say "Well whatever you do don't pick THIS class they totlaly suck!!" I have been known to pick a class that is generally no fun to play and has very low DPS...
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The problem with that is that a class can suck for 1 person but be strong for another. It also depends on your feeling/playstyle and that of the character you've picked.

Also as with ''dps'' a class can suck 1 moment and the next moment (patch) that class can own hard (see WoW balancing here as an example).
  7. Mark Hain

Mark Hain New Cupcake

That is totally true man...