1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

New monk class idea "Shotgun Gaunlets"

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Archangel, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

I read the title and all I could think of is Inglorious Basterds (spelling) with the wrist mounted punch gun thingy.
    Shalanigh likes this.
  2. Archangel

Archangel New Cupcake

You can punch hitler in wildstar!
    Inimicus likes this.
  3. Menchi

Menchi Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm. I like the general idea of the weapon, but like someone else mentioned, not sure if you can really flesh out an entire class on it.

Half-topic: That video's voice acting... terrible. I cringed at all the dialogue.
  4. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Oh it was just an additional thought to yours, what if they added in something like shotgun gauntlets for the stalker. It would still be in the "claw" weapon class and work similarly, just be a little differently animated. Or likewise with a spellslinger and sawed off shotguns.
  5. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

If they're gonna work on that they should add hidden blades then. Yes. Do it, Carbine. NOW.
  6. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

The only way I could see this work is if it was their weapon of choice for tanking. You care less about subtlety when you're trying to get something to take swings at you.
  7. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

You had me at Shotgun.
  8. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I'm pretty sure if someone hiding could sneak up and stab someone in the back, taking a shotgun to their head would work just as easily. You have to remember that they're not attempting to stay stealthed, just temporarily be stealthed while approaching enemies...

Also, stalkers have missiles... Explain that away with your stealth voodoo.
  9. Gmane Omoruyi

Gmane Omoruyi New Cupcake

Tifa from Final fantasy utilized her skills to create shockwave punches *Cheap Shinra created a tech version of it causing both shockwaves and electrical current, those 2 together causes on hell of a impact*
  10. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Ok, you got me there. Tbh I haven't really followed the Stalker much. Stealth classes aren't my cup of tea. I was falling back on old standbys for stealth classes, which were apparently horribly wrong in this situation lol.
  11. Inimicus

Inimicus Cupcake

I am hoping that (and from what i have seen) the Stalker should have enough abilities available to it, that if you don't like the whole sneaky, sneaky approach you will be able to set your abilities in such a way that you can just be a stalker that walks up to it's enemies face and punches a hole in it. No need to hide.
  12. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Doesn't that make you more excited for wildstar? They're the usual classes, but with slight twists!
    SilentJ likes this.
  13. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Yes it does, between the rocket launchers and the ability to tank, I may finally give a rogue-ish class a shot!
  14. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

how is this even close to the stalker class? stalker is melee. those gauntlets shoot stuff ... I like the idea, though it may be too similar to the spellslinger. I personally don't have a problem with that though. more variety is good. I dont know that I would call it a monk though. not sure what to call it, but a dual wielding semi-ranged tank class would be fun.
  15. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

STALKER HAS MISSILES! It's an ability of the Stalker.
  16. azmundai

when did they get missiles? ive never seen a stalker using missiles
  17. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Stalker Class abilities from the Closed Beta patch notes 2 from Wildstar's official site. (Not leaked info, actually from official source.)

"Phlebotomizing Missile
    Fire missiles at up to 3 enemies within a line ahead of you dealing 70% Assault Power damage each second for 4 seconds. Each enemy hit by a missile has their incoming healing reduced by 40% for 10 seconds.
    Chakram Shot
    Fires missiles up to 3 times at 3 enemies within a line ahead of you for 63% Assault Power damage. Each shot fires .5 seconds faster than the last. Restores 3 Suit Power with each hit."
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_welcome_to_closed_beta_2.php
  18. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

SOLD!!!!!

My only question though, would the shotguns go boom when I punched someone or would they just me activated? Would totally prefer boomfisting someone.
  19. azmundai

How cool would it be to have a granok with big cannon-like fists?