1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Nexus and You!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by ImmortalExile, Sep 10, 2011.

1. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

...So, we know that Nexus has been practically deserted by the most powerful/advanced/ultra race called the Eldan, yes?
    We also know that whatever faction we play will be going to Nexus for colonial reasons more or less, right?
    Okay... so, how will cities work? Towns, the areas open to exploration...? How will it work where vendors are located? Now, I may be missing a lot of info, which is possible since I have the worst schedule in the history of humanity and life as we know it....
    Anyways... will the towns/cities just be old Eldan towns and cities that the races take over for themselves? Or will it be Tent City? How will vendors work?

Now, if I am missing info, please let me know and disregard this post like that kid who always picked his nose and tried to shake your hand.
    Otherwise, please, engulf yourself into this nugget and question Nexus with me.
  2. Brotoi

Brotoi Cupcake-About-Town

Settlers are responsible for the cities established by and for players. What exactly that means and how it works has yet to be announced, but judging from what we've seen about Explorers and Soldiers, it's gonna be great!
  3. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

I kind of like the idea of occupying the Eldan cities or maybe theres are big giant spaceship that works as a city. Though every Race has to get a own city.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The only thing I've seen that would count as a hint is a piece of concept artwork on the official site (and in the fankit)....

http://www.wildstar-online.com/media/uploads/images/media-artwork-images/exilebase.jpg

Note the name of the file is "Exile Base" (and the reference character right the the bottom right - that thing is huge!) - so looks like key settlements may well be an amalgam of Eldan technology and imports. Now, as to what state these settlements start in.... that remains to be seen.
  5. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Excellent stuff, Zap.
    I missed that image. That base is huge. Looks like taking the Eldan structures and fitting them to "our" taste is going to be the thing. I like this.
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

That city reminds me of something from Mad Max. Where's the gasoline?