1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

No Mordesh Esper? :(

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Musser, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

My wife and I have been looking for an MMO to move to from wow for a long time and it looks like Wildstar will be it.
    She was looking forward to playing a Mordesh Esper but I see this isn't possible. This has made her sad :(
    She was an undead in wow so wanted to play Mordesh in Wilstar, she enjoys playing a caser. She could play Spellslinger but it doesn't seem to be much of a caster and more a "gunslinger".

Would be really nice if Esper was made available for Mordesh, then we can play together happy :)
    Trigger likes this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

spellslinger is a "Magic" gunslinger - looks more caster than gunner to me
    Apostate likes this.
  3. Pmizzrym

Pmizzrym Cupcake-About-Town

It does deem carbine is being vary unforgiving about class and race selection.

You either love the race you're playing and will enjoy any class, or there's a 50/50 chance you're playing Human or Cassian to play the class you want.

I am fortunate because Chua can be Esper ;p
    Trigger likes this.
  4. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

Every video Ive seen is just pew pew pew pistols.....looks exactly like a demon hunter in diablo 3, very little actual casting apart from the occasional aoe stun or long cd gun blast
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And then tell us, how many of the (around) 50 abilities Spellslingers get, did you really see being used in those few ''pew, pew'' video's you've watched?

Also they do use magic sigils, and their guns are ''Mag. Pistols'' (magic pistols most lickely).
    Apostate likes this.
  6. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Yea Esper is the only class that fits that "traditional" caster trope. Either your wife is going to have to start liking something other than an undead like race, or redefines what a caster is for herself.
  7. Apostate

Apostate Well-Known Cupcake

I rarely do this, but... honestly, listen to pretty much anything said by Kataryna or Extatica when it comes to game information. I say this not because I'm close to either one of them but because they're two of the most well-informed and intelligent posters on these boards. They won't steer you wrong.

The spellslinger shows every sign of being a legitimate caster.
    Extatica and Kataryna like this.
  8. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

I'm just glad that I know undead races will ALWAYS be a rogue type class.
    Ianpact likes this.
  9. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

There are also two other classes that haven't been revealed, and the Mordesh may have access to one or both of them.

-Rachel-
  10. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I tend to lean toward casters as well, but from the gameplay videos that I've watched, it appears that the spellslinger plays rather like a mage - standing back at a distance and firing off element-based abilities. My impression of the esper is that it may actually be more of a mid-range character, or at least I've seen a lot of abilities that seem like they're meant to be used a bit closer in than the spellslinger's. This is just one person's impression, but I will say that I'd initially planned on making an esper and switched my preference to spellslinger after seeing the two in action.

Of course, if the caster preference is more of an aesthetic one, that will not be of much help. I'd still suggest that your wife experiment with spellslinger, however, and that perhaps one of the new classes may also play in a way that fits her idea of what her character and its spell effects should look like.
    Trigger likes this.
  11. Gazimoff

Gazimoff Cupcake-About-Town

I've played the Spellslinger at press and Arkship events. At the level range I was playing at, there was a nice mix of instant and channeled abilities. While there are similarities to the Guild Wars 2 Engineer, the charged abilities bring it closer to a free-target Warcraft fire mage that has a blend of instant and castable spells. Plus Gate is very blink-like.

What other classes has your wife played and enjoyed? I'll try to find a good match for her if I can.
    Trigger likes this.