1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Chua and Mordesh Annoucement Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Hoody, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Beesti

Beesti New Cupcake

At the moment all i'm seeing is about 5000 Chuas running around the spawn area.
    I want to stick with Cassian but i feel playing a Chua or Mordesh would spice stuff up alot.
    My main exile will have to be a Mordesh; Cyberpunk, Badass, Space-Zombies. Yes Please!
  2. Zwipe

Zwipe Cupcake

I was originally going to be an Aurin Stalker, but now I am going to have a Mordesh Stalker as my main. I've always liked undead races, and always played rogue-ish classes. Their "Black Hood" backstory sealed the deal for me.
  3. Beesti

Beesti New Cupcake

I think this has been said before, however..
    The mordesh are very likely just to be alive, however have a terrible disease almost like leprosy and are in alot of pain, wanting to find a cure. Meaning that they are infact not 'Undead' right?
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Saleex

Saleex New Cupcake

Yup, they are more like ''good guy'' zombies
  5. Steampunkette

Steampunkette Cupcake-About-Town

Using an eternal life serum on a fruit fly, however, and having that fruit fly live for 6 years would be proof that it works, then formulating it to perform the same actions when applied to a more complex organism and trying it on maybe a minnow or some other short-lived vertebrate. And on up and up until you get it working on short-lived mammal analogues (Probably Mice). And then once it's confirmed that it does grant eternal life without any side effects, it goes to the Mordesh themselves.

If the product had gone through all of that testing effectively and with no catalogued side-effects in any test subject a governing body might be hard pressed to demand Mordesh trials, especially with demand so incredibly high for what seems to be a perfectly safe product with an incredible effect on people's lifespans.

-Rachel-
  6. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

There will never be 5000 Chuas in any spawn area, because spawn areas are instanced until level 6, you will only see a handful of other people most likely.
    Correct, but people are still going to call the undead and zombies, that will never change. Even Carbine decided to name them after "Morde" - the German word for "Murder(or Death)", and the Italian/French/Portuguese word for "Bite" - Which likely references their dead flesh, cannibalism, and tendency to preform unsavory deeds (Murder/Assassination). Everything about them relates to undead or zombies, even if they technically aren't by a strict definition (Keep in mind that movies like Zombie Land and other games/movies have been referring to anything with dead flesh and cannibalism as a zombie, so the definition is changing as we move into the future). Calling them zombies is still fairly accurate by today's standards, as they were literally zombies previously (At least by the definitions we've seen recently).
  7. Kayelia

Kayelia Cupcake

I can't help but imagine the Mordesh as space elves with their bid for classic elf immortality going horribly wrong. Pretty nice twist on the formula.

(No pun intended, but I'll keep it in.)
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. Beesti

Beesti New Cupcake

I keep thinking that the face features of the mordesh are very too perfect and 'pretty boy' for zombies and undead. Then again you can clearly see that they are missing portions of muscle and flesh. I really do hope That in character customisation you can pick misc items such as warscars and paint or dirt, will definatley make the mordesh barberic as we hope for.
  9. Lisa

Lisa New Cupcake

I love the Chua!
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. Creeper

Creeper New Cupcake

Mordesh do look awesome, I might go Exile
  11. Zetokei

Zetokei New Cupcake

Well, for now nothing is certain! I mean, who knows how the character creation will look like in the end? I personally hope that it will be possible to even decide which body parts are "cyborg" and which aren't. :D
  12. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

judgeing from the screen shots of Mordesh you can customize which parts are cyborg/rotten including the face you can also change the colour of your skin and the the fluid in your implants too
  13. Lucker McNoob

Lucker McNoob Cupcake

Imma name my Mordesh alt Krokodil. :D

Seriously though, that was some really depressing stuff. Addiction is one hell of a thing. :cry:
    CaRaDaGaiTa likes this.
  14. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

The chua are a bit more crazy then I thought they would be but I love them. The mordesh also look really cool but not enough to switch me from Dominion
  15. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

Sorry I was working and reading and I wanted to quote also the thing you replied :)
    My fault I was saying the same as you ^_^
  16. Polecat

Polecat New Cupcake

The Mordesh are a little too emo lore wise for me, I have seen some cool screen shots the last couple days that shows they can look gruesome as well as cyberpunk looking. I was going to play a human before the big reveal but now i'm going with Chua..ha ha and if my altoholism kicks in while playing this game I may do both.
    I've seen a few youtube vids of Chua walking around..some look like Snarf from Thudercats!?
  17. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

I liked the name and the similarity. Both, krokodil addicts and mordesh are dumb enough to inject/drink something that obviously kills them. xD
  18. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

You're not big into lore, are you? The Mordesh didn't drink the Everlife Elixir under the impression that it would kill them and turn them into mad cannibals.
  19. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/mondo_zax_and_victor_lazarin.php

"...and, in time, he believed he had achieved his goal: the Everlife Elixir. Confident of his success, Victor tested it on himself. The results were instantaneous. Wrinkles vanished, hair thickened, teeth regrew. It seemed Victor had attained the unattainable. Within months, almost every Mordesh on Grismara had taken the elixir.

But the miracle was short-lived. Within months, it became increasingly clear that the formula was unstable. Radiant, unblemished skin became mottled and decayed, and the afflicted soon fell into a mindless, cannibalistic rage."

Now tell me if this is not silliness? The "eternal life elixir" was not even tested and the stupids started to drink, inject, shove in the ass, etc etc. Hahahaha biggest fail of the universe :p
  20. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

They're beyond the normal levels of alchemy, it's what got them an audience with the Dominion. Now, when their TOP, TOP scientist tells them he's made an Immortality Elixir, they believe him. He tested it on himself and it showed signs that it worked in every way imaginable. He was so caught up in making this Elixir because the sorrow of his wife's death drove him to obsession. He made the potion, he tested it (Yes! He actually did test it!), it worked, he distributed it, and months after, the side effects kicked in. He was so caught up in grief that he did not realize that it was going to end this way. He thought it was 100% perfect, but his sorrow lead him astray. Now, the good Mordesh didn't know this. They just receive news that their top scientist has the answer to death. Sure, some probably questioned it, but it came from the man that is their idol.
    Kataryna likes this.