1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Final 2 Classes Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yes please! :)
  2. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Seems it can happen. If both sides are being introduced to the cultures of Nexus, it might be possible to release something of that nature later on, and it would work lore-wise.
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  3. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

I kind of think we will see a class based on dodging. They have this cool telegraph system it would nice to see a real active class based around the good old bob and weave.
  4. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I don't know how well they could really create an entire class out of that, especially with how mobile all the classes are currently. Everyone has a dodge ability and double-jump, and I'm sure there's other movement-based abilities in there (such as the spellslinger's teleport). The key for that class would be how would they attack? I do think a martial-arts type combat style that uses that principle of turning enemies' attacks back against them would be a really cool idea, I just don't know how well it could be pulled off with current technology/animations.

Plus, we do seem to be getting a more agile melee fighter in the (not officially announced yet) Stalker class that's been popping up in recent videos! They take more after the rogue type of combat with blades and quick movement, so dodging and mobility seems like something that would be natural for them. Some people have theorized they may be a potential tank-spec class as evasion-tankers.
    JarNod and Ayr like this.
  5. nomotog

How would you pull it off? Well just having highly mobile attacks combined with dodge buffs. Like there basic attack could be a charging ability that lunches you into an enemy combine that with a passive that drops a land mine every time you dodge and you have one build for an agile fighter. Other abilities: might include things like a temporary aggro dump when you dodge, Maybe a nice slam attack that you can only perform well in the air.

And I guess I am basically describing that stalker class.
  6. Atomic Split

Atomic Split New Cupcake

I was a big fan of druids in WoW, mostly for the shapeshifting. It's something that most big MMOs haven't really done lately and I'd love to see it return! Especially in a setting like Wildstar, some sort of tech shifter would be sort of badass, imo.
  7. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Have you ever read a comic called Wildsiders by J. Scott Campbell? The idea of tech shifting made me think of it... The protagonists fight using hard-light holograms based off animals, getting the wings and talons of an eagle, or the massive arms of a gorilla, and the strength to back them up. This could work really well with the projector tech we've seen in the game. It'd also be easier to handle than figuring out how to animate a transformers-esque transformation of a robot suit! You'd have your figure there in the middle of a great big glowing beast form, and attacks could influence what's projected.
    Dauthis likes this.
  8. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I hated the druids in WSG in Vanilla WoW... Being able to get out of any root by shapeshifting was soooo irritating. :(
  9. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

Engineer similar to GW2 Engineer, you place turrets or mechanical pets. Rifle user or throwing grenades similar to rift saboteur. They would be able to Heal, Tank, CC.

Also a Pure ranged caster dps similar to a Sorc in Tera. Glass cannon with huge primarily AOE damage.
  10. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Definitely an Engineer type.

I would love an old fahioned support type. Buff/debuff mixed with CC and some DoTs/HoTs. I liked the concept oa Witch Doctor or Shaman and have the class only available to tribal/demonic type races: Grannok, Space Satyr looking guys, undead, etc..
  11. nomotog

I doubt we will have it, but what about a class that plays like a TPS. Rather then a big long hot bar they would have up five little hot bars only 3 buttons each. Each hot bar would be attached to a weapon they are carrying and they could switch out with the 1-5 buttons.

Your attacks would be based on what weapon you have on. Equip a sniper rile and your attacks would be long range single target. Switch to your shotgun and you get a close range cone attack. Each weapon would come with 3 powers. One primary attack, one secondary attack and then one free slot where you can put items, some of the utility powers the class will pickup, or even a thrid weapon attack. The weapon powers would all have low cool downs, but might consume ammo. Ammo would be like mana or energy, but rather then recharging over time you would have a reload power that refills it.
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'd love to see a controller class. Someone who is all about locking down enemies so your allies can unload on them for brief periods without worrying about them dodging out of the way. Their damage might not be as good if they go down the full control route, but they can do things like regen ally stamina, "mana" or whatever system WS uses, and root foes or turn them into baby rock worms or shoot goo at them or a tranq to put them sleep.

Maybe some kind of mad biological scientist theme for the class, with their main weapon being a crazy "Elixer" type gun that does all kinds of weird sci-fi things. Similar perhaps to the Engineer Elixer gun from GW2 but WAY more developed and robust.

As for name... hrm... They have Esper, Warrior, Spellslinger... maybe Bioblaster?

I think another good class would be some kind of "shield" healer type. This would maybe be a melee class who uses a giant energy hammer, and his deal is calling in little probes to put up energy shields around people. His 'healing' mechanic would be less about direct heals and more about preventing damage, with maybe a couple summoned probe-HoTs here and there.

My guess is he'd be all about large powerful swings and attacks and he could focus on melee because his shield probes and HoT probes would be keeping either himself or his allies safe. Maybe he'd have a stun or a knockback for dangerous "need to reapply" moments.

His theme is a bit more difficult, though. Maybe he's sort of the construction worker gone soldier type? Name... hrm... Jackhammer? Not sure how much overlap though there would be for a class like that with the Warrior, so it would need some clever artist design to make him look like his very own special class. :)
  13. thrastorm7

thrastorm7 Cupcake-About-Town

6 classes are not bad, but i ll be honest i expected at least 8.... i dont know if 6 are enough to add the variety i would have in mind at least...

But ofc i ll w8 to know more...
  14. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I called it :D

I think the last 2 are.

1. Rifle/Ranged class

2. Engineer/Pet class
    Bearadactylx likes this.
  15. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

Really interested in Stalker tanking and Spellslinger healing!
    Hope likes this.
  16. thrastorm7

thrastorm7 Cupcake-About-Town

Question is, are 6 classes enough you think?
  17. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

Same, Stalker tanking was my favorite part of today's news so far! :)
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

At launch? Yes.

Seeing as how each class have different mechanics, you could technically have a class within a class.

I'm calling an Engineer and Dark Caster class!
    Patrician and Ingsoc like this.
  19. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

SO watching the video each class has a limited skill set. So is it like GW2 or more than just 5 skills per class.
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I think they are taking a page from SWTOR's Stealth tanks and their Mercenary healers, for sure. ^^ Not a bad move, all in all.

Really curious as to what the final class will be though. I expect an Engineer class as everyone says for one of them, but I'm completely unsure if the last will be a Dark Caster as most people believe...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.