1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Final 2 Classes Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Zap-Robo, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Did anyone else notice that the Available Races are not for all Classes? If so sorry I missed it but I think its cool they restrict it some like they are. Was new to me so don't flame me!
  2. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I'm actually happy to see there will be 6, so a future 8 will be even better.

It's very possible six will be available at launch, because it would be pretty bad if the Granok can only choose one class at launch. There would be less appeal to choose the race compared to the others.
  3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

So apparently every class uses a specific weapon. I'm a little disappointed with that.
  4. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I don't necessarily think that's the case. These are overviews of the classes -- not in-depth showings.
  5. Ingsoc

Ingsoc Cupcake-About-Town

I think they are referring to the class pages on the official site. For example, Warriors are listed as using Tech Swords.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/classes/warrior.php
  6. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

What was displayed would be their main weapons, but we've seen classes in footage and screenshots using other weapons. Rods, Rifles, and Grenade Launchers, to name them.
  7. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

Well, I would assume one of the remaining classes will be something that tends to have a "beefy" physical appearance, because right now the Granok can only be a warrior. So, so curious.
  8. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Commando
  9. Kahlan

Kahlan Guest

Well, the armor rounds on his chest certainly seem to suggest this. Also, the furry skull shoulders suggest he's more beast related. A commando pet class?

They seem to have balanced melee and ranged classes at this point. I hope they stick with the trend and make one more melee and one more ranged.
    Ingsoc likes this.
  10. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I can see that. I'm also wondering if the last two classes are faction only classes?
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i'd bet that they're not faction only classes, i think that the Granok need more than 2 classes that they can be....
  12. Ingsoc

I agree, though, I would also like to see them mix up the tanks and healers a bit. So far both tanks are also melee and both healers are also ranged.

A melee healer would be cool, as would a ranged tank.
    Auryn and Soylentgreen like this.
  13. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I love melee healers and ranged tanks, far too underrepresented in MMO gaming these would be awesome classes to play
  14. Rotto

Rotto Cupcake

I was under the impression that the skill system wasn't dissimilar to the one used in the original Guild Wars. Where each class had plenty of skills to draw from but had to make a selection of 10 or so to have on their bar at any one time. Coupled with a stat system, this can give any class a surprising amount of depth or can completely change a play style.

And the boxes under the other two give me the impression that they are locked for the time being, so I would expect six rather than eight classes.
    Rumze likes this.
  15. Ingsoc

Based on what we've see so far, I think one of the remaining classes will be a tech based healer.

So far both healing classes heal using magical or mental energies, with Wisdom being their primary stat. With the 6 currently revealed races, so far only the Granok and Mechari cannot play healers. The healing mechanism would have to be something different.

Didn't the Exiled Granok get kicked off their home planet for stealing Dominion technology?

So far the Mechari can only play 2 of the 4 classes, and Granok only 1.

A melee range healing class that heals using tech - shields, damping, mitigation, safe zones, etc - seems like it could really fit.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Rotto, Kurik Lein, Guide and 3 others like this.
  17. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

I was thinking about what the two remaining classes could be, and I came up with the exact same thing!

A melee dps/healer tech-based class and a ranged dps/tank one, possibly with a focus on rifles.

Something like the Scoundrel/Agent and Vanguard/Powertech in SWTOR.
    Ingsoc likes this.
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

but..but...why??? it's FUN to find things!! my guild in GW2 was really close to making my official guild title "GuildWiki". they'd ask something on vent/guild chat and within two mins i'd usually have an answer (game related at least)
    Patrician likes this.
  20. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

So we know 4 of the 6 now.

The last two are going to available to granok and the other robot race. So i'm guessing some sort of bulky class, maybe Commando and Engineer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.