1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Dominion Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Gempulse, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

I caught the crazy scientist hint too but I think its actually the taller one in between the two gremlins. The weapon he is holding reminds of the one in the meet the dominion video. At first I thought he was a Draken but I noticed he didn't have any horns.
  2. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

It's a Draken. Same tail, same posture, Deradune seems to be their territory, in a way. The screengrab is low quality (and zoomed in), so he could have horns (possibly even tiny ones, or ones that curve along with his "hair") and we just don't see them because of that.
  3. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

He has the same height, build, posture and even tail as the character they're playing, so my only explanation is that it's a hipster Draken with no horns. ;)

I'd say it's unlikely that they would have two races that are so similar, at least not within the same faction.

EDIT: Ah starspun beat me to it!
  4. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Well I wouldn't mind some gremlins though it does get me thinking what one of the other classes might be. The remote control rhino bomb makes me ponder... Are we getting a "Pet" Class?
  5. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I think we might get some sort of engineer type class that has gadgets/pets, yes!
  6. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

I had mentioned this in another thread but the fourth Dominion race will in some way mirror that of the Aurin from the Exile faction.

Aurin (Exile) > scientists, lovers of nature / ??? (Dominion) > mad scientists, perversion of nature

So that little evil koala, I'm pretty sure is the last race for the Dominion, especially with Carbine being so dodgy about naming them and zooming out as far as they can when walking near one.
  7. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

Just watched the gamespot video and they dodge the name of the race question and zoom out as far as possible every time they get near them. Would fit the bill if dominion had a furry race, its all they are missing.
  8. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Just went through the Facebook Friday screenshots. I spy a little gremlin posted in November...
    Mudfin, Praiz, moneda and 2 others like this.
  9. Luciamund

Luciamund Cupcake

a tiny gremlin-goblin thing with cute pointy furry ears like an Aurin only evil. I like it.
  10. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I think it's safe to say! This is definitely a different turn for Dominion, but I expect them to be diabolical in nature despite the cute display. I welcome the little furries. Aurins got competition. :D

And just imagine the class! OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT.

Edit: Another thing to mention is that song that Carbine hinted was the theme for one of the unannounced races, which was the music played in the Housing trailer. It definitely sounds like something for small, cute furries.
    starspun likes this.
  11. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

These gremlin guys will make it 2 Dominion v 1 Exile in terms of how many races are calling to me. :inlove:
  12. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, it's a cool looking race, but I'm really hoping the theories on that undead-of-some-description Exile race are correct!
    Shanks likes this.
  13. Michael Thysson

Michael Thysson New Cupcake

Exactly what I thought OP when I watched that video, not to good at keeping things a secret are they :p
  14. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Yup as we talk about here, we think it's close to a cross between an evil Koala, and I'm thinking... The Brain meets Bartok and they dance with a Mogwai and then go take over the world.
  15. Rotto

Rotto Cupcake

Seriously. Yordles.

[​IMG]
    Shanks, moneda, Kurik and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Captain Teemo, on duty! :)

Rotto likes this.
  17. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

I would honestly LOVE a pet class, that's pretty much one of the classes I'm still hoping for to be released. I generally gravitate towards pet classes in every MMO, if I'm not tanking, so playing a little Gremlin with a big pet would be amazing. That being said, if the Gremlins looking guys truly are the Dominion playable race, I'm sold. I find the Dominion races to be much more diverse IMO, compared to the Exiles and although I never play the "Evil" side in most MMO's, Wildstar might be a good place to start.

On a side note, I truly hope the customization is somewhat extensive, as much as I love cute things, I want to create a feral, crazy, looking little gremlin, also, I hope weapons aren't shrunk to be their "appropriate size" like in GW2, I loved my Asura but carrying around my Peashooter was depressing at times, I want a gun the same size as me!
    Elsie likes this.
  18. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Awwww-some! Good find! :up: They are just too darn adorable! Even if all these theories about them being the next Dominion race are wrong (which kind of seems unlikely to me, given all the information), I'm still glad to see these little gremlin-like creatures in the game. I can't wait to get a better look at them!

I agree with all of this! :eek::laugh: I definitely would love to be a gremlin-like race with a pet at my side too. Ohmygosh, so geeking cute!

Also, I do like that a lot too about weapons in Guild Wars 2 being their appropriate sizes. It makes the Asura all the more adorable watching them trying to wield a massive hammer.
    Elsie likes this.
  19. Sketch

Sketch New Cupcake

So I decided to look through the screen shots of the game and I was trying finding some hints or something new. And I kinda did. In this picture
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/media/uploads/images/media-screenshot-images/algoroc22.jpg
    and this one too
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/media/uploads/images/media-screenshot-images/algoroc23.jpg
    We can see this creature holding a weapon. And the weapon looks exactly like the one we can see in the "Meet the Dominion" video.
    Can all these Gremling rumors be fake? What do you think leave me a reply :)
    Goreshank likes this.
  20. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I forgot where I saw it - Twitter maybe? - but I am pretty sure I remember someone else asking them and Carbine confirming those guys were NOT a playable race. I will try to find a link.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.