1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Dominion Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Gempulse, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

no that is one of the Marauders either an Eeklu or Oghra
    Source
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

yup, what the others said, it's an NPC race
  4. Sketch

Sketch New Cupcake

Okay I must have missed that thanks :)
  5. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

Now that rifle they're *holding* however, is in the Meet the Dominion trailer, if i recall correctly.
  6. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

If ya notice on the races page, each race is across from their antithesis.

Humans <=> Cassians​
    Ok. Here we have Humans and well, more humans.​

Granok <=> Draken​
    Here we ahve our two warrior cultures, The warrior (but not warmonger) Grannok and the brutal Draken.​

So far, thats 2 and 2​

Aurin <=> ????​
    Here we have the Aurin, defenders of nature, scrappy slightly feral folks. It's been mentioned the 4th Dominion race were "evil mad scientists" as seen my their making various monsters and dropping them in he Dominion questing areas. That concept would be the perfect antithesis to the Aurin philosophy​

???? <=> Mechari​
    Ok here we have the Mechari, soulless, humorless killing machines created by the Elden themselves. In the Meet the Exiles trailer, we have some manner of pod with a syringe visible on top that is quickly dismissed (much like the quirky looking gun in the Meet the Dominion trailer).​

SO what could contrast an android ? Well.... technically any living thing would really. I think we're on the right track though. Perhaps survivors of a Dominion bioweapon attack (or test!) Or as someone in the forums mentioned in another post (can't recall who!) Maybe they were a short lived race like the Necrontyr of warhammer 40k who turned to advanced technology to extend their pitifully short lives (mind you theirs ended up being manipulation by Star Gods who wanted to consumer the souls of the fallen, but yeah~).​

Or perhaps we're heading in the wrong direction of thought here. This may be a stretch, but lets go on a little journey together, you and I.​

Bablyon V. The Vorlon were an alien race who has ascended to existing in a state of energy, but wore "environmental suits" supposedly as human breathable air was toxic to them, mind you the truth was they were pure freaking energy and primitive races worshiped them as being of light. But the thought could still apply.​

Maybe they have horribly compromised immune systems like the Quarians in Mass Effect ?​

They could be some manner of symbiotic race whose partner species died out and the pods/possibly suits keep them safe. (admittedly the trouble in this could be customization options and having armor fit over said suit.​

Perhaps they're an escaped (failed) dominion super soldier project that went awry ? (possibly of said mad scientist race, giving immediate cause for joining the Exiles)​

A race that pushed itself to their genetic limits but paid the price with a decaying or sickly body ?​

Maybe they're from a world where some ancient Elden experiment (with their nanotechnology) went horribly wrong ?​

I'd love to guess they were a race inside of a suit of armor based on ancient Elden tech, but that REALLY does look like a bone in that arm :X. And any race joining the Exiles would need to have a reason for rallying against the dominion, which there could be THOUSANDS of them. But in the meantime, some healthy theorycrafting could be a nice way to pass the time ;3 I look forward to seeing what we can come up with, and how close we are when the big reveal happens!​
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  7. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

I wish these guys were a playable race. I would play them regardless of their faction.
  8. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

Everyone is right till Carbine decides.
  9. Pain

Pain New Cupcake

u forgot one thing. in exile move girl skip story about 3rd race but she show to us some grave and in dominion move on 1:30 guy skip story about 3rd race but show to us Big huge gun. and u think this amazing little race can use this gun? its race too small. very very very small for to be a race.
  10. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

You forgot we are in Nexus!
  11. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Look again - the gun is on a plinth the same size as the dagger and no bigger than Malvolio's chest (who passes in front of it). It's either a handgun or a very small rifle.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  12. Slyndria

Slyndria Cupcake-About-Town

I think you are spot on also.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

the pics we've seen make me think of Master Shifu from Kung fu panda, but evil-er and more Koala-ish.

[​IMG]
  14. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Oh my goodness yes. Give him a creepy squeaky voice and I think you've nearly stumbled on a huge inspiration for them!

... And it all makes sense. Master Shifu was driven nearly mad by Kung Fu Panda. Clearly his people were originally from Azeroth, and after awhile they just got fed up, built a spaceship, and left to take out their fury on other worlds!
    Rakkis, ruff_ethereal, Guide and 2 others like this.
  15. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

I will support this statement as a fact.
    16bitbandit likes this.
  16. Mouseknuckle

Mouseknuckle Cupcake

Seconded
  17. Maithus

Maithus New Cupcake

Here in Australia we call them "drop bears" and they are not to be messed with.
    Skruggs, ruff_ethereal and Elsie like this.
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I would have preferred a monkey race. Monkeys are strong and are not to be messed with.
  19. Maithus

Maithus New Cupcake

I also noticed a second little creature in the second screenshot that Greyno posted named "engineer Biba". He looks quite different to the other guy, with grey fur and darker fur covering his eyes like a raccoon.
  20. Noa

Noa Cupcake

The gremlins would fill the 'need of a short race' niche most MMO's have lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.