1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Dominion Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Gempulse, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

The more I think about it the more I think i might make them my main if they do turn out to be the Koala/gremlin/squirrel race. Mechari might be a close 2nd though
    Kataryna and Kurik Lein like this.
  2. Saza

Saza Cupcake

This has been my assumption about the final Dominion race too. I'm assuming what they meant by genderless is that you will not choose male or female and that the race won't display any secondary sex characteristics. It fits for a tiny race of made scientists to be the genderless ones they were talking about. I would honestly rather have gender for the race if that is the case. I guess I would rather see something like with the Asura, who barely have a physical difference between the genders. I hope I am wrong, but it seems to me like the race which doesn't work for big powerful males and sexy hourglass females is just going to be genderless, which I personally am less excited about. I prefer when there is creativity with the secondary sex characteristics of fantasy/sci-fi races instead of just sticking human ones on all of them.
  3. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

I must say i disagree with the little gremlins being genderless, just my opinion of course but i think they will have genders and i only say this of course because at the moment in my opinion the 4th unrevealed exile races looks the most likely to be ungendered, but time will tell :p
  4. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think there is going to be a genderless race anymore. I feel like originally it was mechari they were talking about, but when people didn't seem to like that they added females, and because of the fact that they are robots. They are still technically "genderless" at least that's what I hope. I really hate when races have one gender like half the races in TERA. In fact I'm pretty sure EVERYONE hates when a race only has one gender, and considering how smart Carbine has been about everything I'm hoping they don't make a stupid decision about this.
    Extatica likes this.
  5. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Yeh i hate when a race has one gender and hate when classes are gender locked.
  6. Keleynal

Keleynal New Cupcake

Mechari only have gender models to make less enlightened carbon-based lifeforms comfortable around them. A very useful ruse.
  7. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Why is that a response to my post? :p
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I think exactly the same and also i'm hoping they don't make 1 of the last races genderless, it would frustrate me alot! But seeing how carbine did so far i think they will also see this.

Having extreme high hopes of carbine here!
  9. Angelo Cocco

Angelo Cocco New Cupcake

I think that the addition to a little scientist race would fit perfectly in the Dominion whether they are all brains no brawn or if they have a small man complex where they have to always show how strong and dominant they are! So excited to see the outcome.
  10. CaptainElzo

CaptainElzo New Cupcake

I think it could be hard to make different genders for the 4th dominion race.
    Not easy to achieve that on small furry mouse creatures. Doubt people would be happy if the only difference between males and femals is a red dress with white spots on it. ;)
    In that case I'm sure everyone would prefer them genderless.
  11. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

no no no...not everyone would prefer them genderless!! i want my furry evil Koala girl!! give her to me NAOW!! lol!! i have played a small character in all the MMOs i've played so far! Gnome Warlock WoW, Dwarf Chloromancer(mage) Rift, Asuran Mesmer GW2. I WILL be a female <EvilRedactedKoala> Esper! (so I hope hope hope!!!)

also, Asuran Males and Females weren't that different really, had the same clothes even, just different hair and a little bit difference in face.
    Patrician and Kurik Lein like this.
  12. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yeah if I had to choose, I would prefer the Koalas have males and females. I think the genderless comment was referring to the Mechari, maybe the term was just misused a bit. :)
    Patrician and Fate Flyer like this.
  13. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

If they are still going with a genderless race I think it could work with the 4th dominion race. I don't see them being genderless lore wise, they just don't have any visible sexual dimorphism. So instead of picking male or female at char creation you have more options like hair styles and eyes that appear more masculine or feminine. They still have males and females they just look very similar. And if they go with this option they'd be the only race with an 'androgynous look available.

This is how I picture it working. Although I am really hoping that the 4th exile race is far enough removed from human that they can be genderless.
  14. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I would probably like to see little female mogwai/Bartok/Brain/Shifu's, for sure. Not sure if there will be a "genderless" race, and it's true we haven't seen any obvious female versions of these guys... but I'd like to!

I also think they should travel by rolling into little furballs by tucking their heads between their legs and zooming along the ground. Sort of like... fury banelings. >.>
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

oh no, now we have to add "Sonic the Hedgehog" to our description!! lol!

they're now mogwai/Bartok/Brain/Shifu/Sonic's
    Patrician likes this.
  16. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Ahh! Yes! :D XD That'd be adorable! I used to own pet rats (Yes, people! Feel free to freak out all you like, but only after you educate yourself and look into them some more haha :p), and when they slept, sometimes they would curl up into a ball, and oh, it was cute. Here's a picture I took once of my baby boy, Sky in his "ball form," we called it:

[​IMG]
    His nickname was Skyball. :laugh: Ah... I miss him. :cry:

Anyway. Mochi, anyone?
    [​IMG]
    Kurik Lein and Patrician like this.
  17. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

No freak outs here, I've heard rats make awesome pets. Plus, I think they are pretty cute personally!

Skyball was adorable. :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  18. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm crazy afraid of rats, but I lived close to NY for all my life so come on, that's understandable what with the Urban Legends you hear about New York rats.

Ender keeps trying to reeducate me on the subject since she owned her own pet rats, but some days I worry she fights a losing battle. Skyball looks pretty cute, though.

... But I bet that's just how they GET you!
    Kataryna and Fate Flyer like this.
  19. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

ok...this is the other thing i thought of besides Sonic the Hedgehog for traveling rolled up into a ball

BANGARANG!!!
    JarNod, Patrician and Fate Flyer like this.
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Bwa hahahaha!

But if we put them in some of the space suit gear we've seen, they might turn into this...

Kataryna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.