1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkspur

Darkspur Cupcake-About-Town

Victus-mortuus (AKA Zombies) is good with me, its a timeless constant through every culture (and everyone who wants to buy a shotgun) I think it adds a needed polar opposite to the cute Aurin and will be fun to play. Sadly for the Darnminions they are all pretty much walking dead anyways LMAO :roflamo:
  2. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

It's good to have extremes on both sides. Sometimes people just want to play something different...And playing a race that has tendency to fall apart is pretty different.
    ruff_ethereal and Darkspur like this.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Agreed. If you have the extreme characters all on one side then population tends to get tilted one way or the other.
  4. Manes

Manes Cupcake-About-Town

They better have some sort of brutal sport to watch in this game. I'd pay good in game gold to watch a match between the Exile Deadites go up against the Dominion Mean Machines!
    ruff_ethereal and Dyraele like this.
  5. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Haha, that would be awesome.
  6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

An Undead race for the Exiles. Didn't see that coming.

It might be interesting if they do the character creation right. I don't want to have bones coming out of my armor, I'm looking at you WoW!
  7. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Could be something of the Necrontyr about them (harsh homeland, using technology to sustain their lives etc). Though being exile couldn't imagine they'd have as dark a backstory.

[​IMG]
    JarNod, Wreck and starspun like this.
  8. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Did you just sketch that? That's just awesome, I would definitely play that as a character race.
    Ayr likes this.
  9. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

I didn't buddy, it was just an impression someone else had done of a lesser Warhammer 40K race (they don't exist anymore in that fantasy world).

Only remembered about them because of the descriptions you guys had been speculating about. :)
  10. Noa

Noa Cupcake

Anyone else get the sense of the Ghouls from Fallout? It looks like they are a zombie/undead like race alright, a friend of mine wanted this SO badly and is happy to see them in there. I too feel it might be connected to the dominion, a virulent bio-weapon that killed them..though didn't keep them dead? A form of flesh decaying side effect to which the pod and the drugs help to stave off? No clue but color me intrigued.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  11. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

<Admin Hat> Information redacted, per request from Carbine Studios</Admin Hat>
  12. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

I'm honestly hoping for an undead type race, or some sort of failed dominion experiment race. That would make me so happy.
  13. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

My take on it will write like this: they were not submissive, beautiful or sexy enough neither good at taking orders, so Dominion threw them out on their boney ... feet. After exploiting their home planet and using them for slave labor, naturally.

So now they are another race in the Exiles, since numbers warms better than being rejected into the cold all alone - and despite being slightly toxic.
  14. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

The fourth race is totally going to be undead cyborg zombies.

And the Dominion will get some fluffy, extremely adorable but really, really evil race. ;)
  15. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

The comeback of the Gremlins. You'd never know what bit you.
  16. Urkan

Urkan New Cupcake

I got all excited when I saw the mechano-zombie arm. I'm a WoW vet and about half my characters are undead. I love a misunderstood, underdog, former badguy type race. They always seem to have the most depth, and allow for the most diverse character syles. (I'm not much of an RPer but I do get into my characters and lore.)
  17. BigD

BigD New Cupcake

Now I've seen people already post stuff saying that in the Exile trailer you can see an undead arm in the poster. But I was reading a bit of the wiki about Eldan technology and it mentioned a little about augmentations and such, so would it be possible for the 4th race to be undead Eldan with augmentations?
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?wiki/augmentors/
    [​IMG]
    Cybernetics?

[​IMG]
    Syringe with nanites to help with the augmentations?

MOD EDIT: Merged with the already existing thread on the fourth Exile race, as a second one is a little redundant. :) -- starspun
    ShadowNugget and ruff_ethereal like this.
  18. SDR

SDR Cupcake

If it was an undead eldan than the eldan wouldn't be such a mystery anymore wouldn't they?
  19. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

True, unless the process of reanimation caused them to lose their memories and they sort of have to "rediscover" everything. Now, I'm not sure that's what the devs have planned, but it sounds sort of epic and awesome cool to me.

As my wife mentioned, it reminds us a bit of one of the best and most unique undead races we've ever seen in a MMO. Allods' Arisen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basically mummies that were brought back.

If the Eldar can be brought back through technology the Exiles discovered, that's pretty cool if they ALSO don't remember anything of their past (except maybe it's hazy?) This would mean they sort of give the Exiles an "edge" against the Dominion and keep the Dominion more at bay, while they help the Exiles to rediscover their lost technology on Nexus.

It would also explain why they are the mirror to the Mechari. The Mechari might know about Eldar tech because they were built by their old masters and have no continued to side with the Dominion, while the undead risen Eldar would know about it due to their hazy and fuzzy memories and such.

It would also explain why the lore pretty much so far states the Exiles has their rebellion, teamed up with the Aurin and the Granok, then found the planet Nexus. Where's the 4th race mentioned in that? Well... maybe they "found" them on the planet, and have since been "reviving" them... or even technically "awakening" them. ;)

It would make for quite a cool story anyway, I think. We'll see what they have planned though, I can't wait to find out if I'm wrong or on the nose!
  20. Nixies94

Nixies94 New Cupcake

prop team hinted in there vid one of the 4 races had green and white objects for like houses and stuff so may not be undead maybe its that fat guy in the houseing vid
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.