1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

One does not simply address Phineas T. Rotostar as "fat guy"!
  2. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Mechari would recognise them if they are Eldan.
    But, it could be that they were on the planet before The Exiles arrived, not too long though.
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

The picture of the character with the Mecharri looks like a Cassian with crazy hair to me.

Hopefully it is a different take on undead/zombie...I like the Mummy idea, or a race that experiments on itself with different augmentations, and their not really good at it. :)
  4. ruff1298

ruff1298 New Cupcake

My take:

Valerians -- Face of the gargoyle, body of the zombie, wit of the vampire, rolled into the manners and disposition of the ideal Victorian Gentleman or Lady. Friendly, polite, and creepy as all hell, they were a very social race until the Dominion tried to use them for a "Super Soldier" project, an army that just kept getting back up after being "killed."

They also bring these:

Re-Animators -- NOT Necromancers. Necromancers control hordes of the undead with black magic. These guys use the power of SCIENCE. (Mook Maker Class; focuses on distraction, DoT, defense via highly expendable mooks)
    Wreck likes this.
  5. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

So far each races to have its counter, with the last Dominion race being "mad scientists" maybe this is a race of creations that got away or perhaps survivors of an experiment ?
  6. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think it would be a failed Dominion experiment (however... it could be a failed Eldan experiment). The mad scientist race for the Dominion (their last unrevealed mystery race) is a mirror of the scientific Aurin. So... the last Exile race is a mirror of the Mechari who are constructs of the Eldan and have knowledge of the planet Nexus. The last exile race's story will probably tie either into Nexus itself or that they are somehow related to the Eldan.
    Patrician likes this.
  7. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

There's nothing scientific about the Aurin, it's the opposite in fact, they are forest people and tree huggers.
    I think the sciencey race is the 4th one, the undead? zombie? abomination? race.
  8. cBselfmonkey

cBselfmonkey New Cupcake

http://wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_the_ravaging_of_arboria.php

9. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

10. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

What I meant, was since being run off their home planet and joining the Exiles, they have taken on a more scientific role for the Exile fleet.

From the site about the Aurins: "They embraced the sciences and technology of their new allies, using their affinity with nature to tend and maintain the fleet's agricultural vessels."
  11. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

Well we do know the 4th Dominion race are "mad scientists" maybe the 4th exile race really are some ppl that say they tried to wipe out with some bio weapon and they're somehow surviving ?
    Dauthis likes this.
  12. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

Sadly I do think it will be some kind of zombie race :\

I would of much rather had something like the Skeech.
    [​IMG]
  13. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Personally I have a strong suspicion the unannounced race are reanimated Eldan who either have no memory of their past, or have somewhat fuzzy memories and a slight affinity for their ancient technology but not enough to give the Exiles any answers about anything.

Maybe they are searching for answers themselves, having been in some kind of suspended animation this entire time and having awoken in a sort of undead state completely oblivious to who and what they used to be.

Or they are just Zombie "Reavers" who used medications to keep them coherent and articulate and not go crazy and flip out and kill everyone.

I believe though that this race has to be a crucial key as to why the Dominion didn't roll over the alliance though when they finally caught up to them on Nexus...

Of course, then again, all this is entirely my over active mind placing all kinds of connections in places where sometimes there never are. I love the lore of this game a LOT though, that's for sure...
    ruff_ethereal, Liris, Ender and 2 others like this.
  14. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Interesting ideas, it would give the exiles a connection to the Eldan much like the Dominion has the Mechari*. Although I think personally feel they are another race pushed from their world due to dominion conquest as the Meet the Exiles video implies. What ever the race is I am excited for the reveal, because for the first time in my MMO gaming experience I am not totally polarized to one faction (Horde for life). Both the Exiles and Dominion have very cool races and personalities.

*I had a similar notion about the Mechari actually being the Eldan, or at least their essence. Like the Eldan had done something to necessitate the transfusion of their essence/soul into an artificial body (triggering some sort of calamity or something) but ultimately I don't think my daydreams carry much weight haha.
    Patrician likes this.
  15. Foxgloves

Foxgloves Cupcake

It seems highly unlikely from the video that the skeletons-in-tubes race would be related to the Eldan. Like another poster said, the exiles banded together from having all of their homeworlds ravaged by the Dominion. It would make more sense if they are survivors of some Bio-Warfare and had to use their scientific research to survive.

Zombies are obviously overdone, but we all love playing them.
    Izukar likes this.
  16. FluidD

FluidD Cupcake-About-Town

I dont know how I feel about zombies. As long as their more cybernetic or robotic or w.e rather then zombie I would think they were cool. I do not really want classic zombie, I hope theres some cool twist. I also hope they do not look to humanoid, as the exiles are already pretty humanoid in nature when compared to the dominion. That could really cause a faction imbalance since all the teenies and such will generally float to the darker faction. Aka SWTOR faction imbalance (although that fluctuated between servers, some were one sided repub others were all imp. but you catch my drift regardless.)
  17. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Really? In your experience and opinion teenagers flock to the "evil" faction? In my experience teenagers seem to play either fairly equally, with maybe a small leaning towards what is received as the "good" faction, actually. I'm unsure if the amount of younger players has very much effect on a MMO community faction-balance-wise, but that's again only my own personal observation.

But unless a game has non-instanced open world large scale PvP battles, minor imbalances in population sizes don't ever seem to really affect anything anyway.

WildStar pretty much covered their bases when they put humans on both sides. A majority of players of ALL ages play humans. Each side on every server should therefore logically remain fairly balanced one hopes.
  18. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Man, this race has become the most mysterious! I wonder if it will have more unique features than just a corroded visage. If they are mutant experiments, then I expect features like four arms and stuff!
  19. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Looking at this image:

[​IMG]

It's pretty clear that the 4th race is taller than Humans and Aurins, but shorter than Granoks.
    They are stitched up, and they use tech to prevent a flesh-eating disease from spreading.
    They sleep in some weird techy compartment that, I think, sustain their lives.

That's all we know about the 4th race :(
    Lyas Tyrell and Izukar like this.
  20. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Haha I just had a mental flash of a race of space igors or frankensteins. They swap body parts and pass them on , all while dealing with the toxic after effects of a dominion war on their planet that causes them to slowy degrade over time.
    They've integrated tech to help their body parts keep,functioning to boot, so part cybernetic, almost like a Frankenstein Borg.
    Now that would be awesome.!
    Izukar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.