1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seagrey

Seagrey Cupcake-About-Town

Cyborgs, guys...that's what I think.
  2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Cupcake

Hey guys. Im not sure if its been discussed here yet but id say the undead type nanite race is probably correct for the Exile.

There are two really strong reasons to suggest this that i havnt seen discussed much.

First is this video i found, it doesnt seem to be very well known, but these guys have identified a possible easter egg image of the 4th race.

Check it out and see what you think, she certainly matches the hooded, possibly hermedically sealed appearence of previous post discriptions, also, shes levitating and looks creepy!
    Image starts at 2:00 or so.

Possible easter egg of 4th race.jpg

Second reason is player distribution by population/appeal and age. We all know that wow had a real tendency to attract kids to the alliance and adults to the horde, which was one of the reasons for blood elves.

If you consider that currently the exiles are clearly more geared to younger crowds, and the Dominion to Older (i dont want to type cast people though).

It becomes obvious that the Dominion will be receiving the cute and fuzzy race 'the Chua' and the Exile will receive a darker more badass race, which matches perfectly with what we suspect of the undead like race.
  3. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

This was posted awhile ago by the guys at Umbra who were attending the Wildstar E3 Press event.

[​IMG]

It looks a little too slim to be a Granok and it's definitely not a Mechari. Possible 4th Exile race?

Update: Confirmed to be a Granok Warrior by CRB_J-Tal. Sorry folks!

PS: Someone feed these Granok, they're starting to look a little too svelte.
  4. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

ArdentSun, that female I linked in the picture is for sure not a Granok. As I posted earlier in this thread, Granok have three fingers and a thumb and the last Exile race has four fingers and a thumb (based on the still image from the Meet the Exiles trailer). Though the picture is blurry, it looks like she has four fingers and a thumb. Also... Granok ears don't stick out like that.

That's been confirmed to be a Human in a mask. Sorry...
  5. Bravadorado

Bravadorado Cupcake-About-Town

I assume play customization would allow for some ears like that. Indeed Granok do have three fingers and a thumb, but in the Meet the Exiles trailer, they have four and a thumb. Clearly the representation of fists in that video was not meant to be entirely canon. Either way, the last race clearly had skeletal parts and stitching, of which your picture has none. I've already put up all of the reasons that the zombie race is being speculated.

Also, you do know that there are just random races around Nexus, correct? If that isn't a Granok then it could easily be a generic NPC. There is nothing that links that image to what we know about the fourth exile race so far:
    Zombie/skeletal limbs
    Techy, coffin stasis chamber thing
    Website race balance, need a tech race

There is nothing in your picture that reflects any of that, so you can sit here and speculate all day that that is what they will be, but unless you link some evidence to your picture then no one can really take it seriously (No offense). Evidence is linked to the zombie race, which is why it is the popular theory. Your race isn't linked to what we've seen at all past baseless speculation.
    Zerdav likes this.
  6. Nightsong

In regards to Granok ears and customization, nope, sorry. You look at any in game screenshot of a Granok shown so far, be it a male or a female, their ears do not stick out like that. And that is going with screenshots dating all the way back to 2011 when the game was first revealed to 2013 and PAX.

Also, the Wayward artwork that seems to be getting thrown around lately, it's fan art, not official concept art from Carbine. It in no ways represents the last Exile race, just someones wish.

As for the techy race for the Exiles, that's covered by the Aurin (with the Dominion having this covered by the Chua (the unknown spot opposite the Aurin). If we are matching by theme, the Mechari of the Dominion are the intelligence branch which means the Exile mirror (our mystery unknown race) is the Exiles intelligence branch.

And as for whether or not she is a Granok, most of us already came to the conclusion she is not about 15 pages ago.

Anyways, this has gotten very off track with what I posted which was the fact that the green lady with elf like features looks similar in some regards to the Luminai who are Eldan-Cassian hybrids.
  7. Bravadorado

I know this, which is why I put Wayward in quotes. The Zombie limb on the Meet the Exiles treailer, the technocoffin-bedbunk and the class list on the site are the reason people speculate "Wayward" and the reason why that picture got drawn to represent them.

What. Excuse me what. The Aurin aren't the techy race, they are the beast race, and so are the Chua. The Aurin are into nature and the Chua are intelligent and into science, these two things conflict and make more reason for them to be the "opposite" races on each faction. No where does it say that the Mechari are intelligent. They are robots and therefore can be assumed to be smart but that isn't their thing. They don't have innovation or genius like the Chua would. The Mechari are the Tech race, and it makes sense for the other exile race to also be technologically oriented. Such as Cyborg-chemistry-zombies.

If that was all you wanted to say, then you should have posted it in a new thread rather than the "Official Fourth Exile Race Speculation" thread. Yes she looks kind of like the Luminai, is she one? No chance in hell. She's clearly a worker of some sort and the Luminai are highly regarded in the Dominion, they would never be doing grunt work. She certainly isn't going to be the fourth race, based on all the evidence we already have, so this wasn't really the place to post that.

If you don't want to believe all the evidence, then fine, but please at least do not post baseless assumptions/speculations. Bring some evidence to the table when you propose a theory, and by evidence I don't mean "She isn't a Granok and looks sort of like a Luminai."
  8. Nightsong

You misunderstood why I said the Aurin are techy. The lore specifically says that after they got run off their home world they turned to the sciences and now run the Science Academy for the Exiles. Same with the Chua, they are the scientists of the Dominion who work alongside the Draken in genetic experiments. With the Mechari again you misunderstood. They run the ICI for the Dominion which is a spy network and intelligence gathering agency. The last exile race, being a mirror of the Mechari would run a similar organization for the Exiles (spies and intelligence gathering).

And this is the thread for speculation. I didn't create a new thread because my speculation belongs here to see what other people think of the theory that gets thrown out there.

Also, I've seen all the evidence for zombies and I'm not convinced since the only evidence is the rotting arm and coffin shown in the Meet the Exiles trailer.
    Disort likes this.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

cool off a bit ;) i think both of yall are misunderstanding each other :)

also, i believe by "Tech" that Nightsong is meaning "Science" as the Aurins run the XAS (eXile Academy of Science?) and the "Chua" are most likely the ones that run whatever the Dominion science thing is.

by "Tech" ArdentSun is probably meaning "robotic" type stuff.

Also, Mechari run the ICI, the stealth/info gathering/spy network of the Dominion, so Nightsong is trying to say that the <Zombdacted> guys are going to be the same for the Exiles. "Intelligence branch" doesn't mean "intelligent/science-y" it means Spy and intel gathering
  10. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Exactly, that's the only real evidence. Not pointy ears. You can doubt that that dudette isn't granok, but there's nothing conclusive that points to her being the last exile race either.

This is what ArdentSun is pointing to, and he is absolutely right.
  11. Bravadorado

• Edited to remove site containing NDA-breaking info
    Were either of us mad? o.o I didn't intend to sound that way, I was and am a little rushed due to preparing and cooking a meal for my mom and brother. I just don't think we should be speculating about things that don't have any evidence at this point. We already have a lot of evidence pointing to the "Wayward" and the "Chua".
  12. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

Actually I think the fourth exile race runs the academy of science and not the Aurin based on the chemicals that was going on in the Meet the Exiles video, it would also make more sense lore wise. Also I genuinely think we have more proof leading towards them being the 4th race rather than not. Maybe just me though but the elf ears seem like one of the key features of the 4th race.
  13. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

all the info from the Aurin stuff has said they're science-y - thus the reason that we said they're the XAS people.

ArdentSun the reason that that goes in <> is because it's potentially leaked info, and here at WSC we don't support leaks. So Zap takes precautions against the potential leaks :)
  14. Bravadorado

Ah, so it isn't confirming that they are, but rather in case someone says "The Mordesh are the fourth Exile race" it does that instead. Correct?
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

The fan art is beautiful...that will be my next port of call, as I have some creative ideas myself, in the meantime.
    Is this the thread where 90% of posters try to make a post aluding to something they already know, in a way that looks like they know nothing? I love it!
    Would love to discuss 4th race more, but I gotta dash.
  16. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

The word replacement is there as the race you are talking about hasn't been discussed anywhere except in leaks from the beta client/datamining. This sort of information isn't welcome on WSC - and rather than keep the mods looking out for it I've simply blocked the word.

All, please don't try and work around the block since then I'll have to take action against your account for breaking NDA. For WSC that includes posting any NDA-breaking info you find elsewhere. You're all responsible adults, right? :)
  17. Nightshade

Nightshade New Cupcake

Who confirmed it was human, Carbine, if not seems to me they character looks very out of place.
  18. Martin Olsen

Martin Olsen New Cupcake

i think its a zombie
  19. Kellth

Kellth Cupcake

Agreed all this does puzzle together.
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

there's some of us who don't support data mined NDA breaking. so, yea.
    Cuban Cowboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.