1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

<Mod Face>As has been stated and is on the front page of the site, we do not support nor allow NDA breaches on WSC. That includes client datamined information. Let try and move it along guys!</Mod Face>
  2. Nhtst_Sev

Nhtst_Sev New Cupcake

Problem w/ a thread like this is that there's just too many damn pages, so I'm sure the same speculations are being repeated endlessly. Well, I guess I'll take my turn in beating the 15th descendant of the original horse after it's death.

I think it may have something to do w/ the cyro-freeze that Exiles use to try and preserve their mortally wounded. Maybe it's had some untold effects that lead to... Deathification? The fourth Exile race, from everything I've seen thus far appears to be undead, that I'm not worried about. I'm more interested in the why and the how, so I'm thinking it has to do w/ cyro-freeze.

Which would mean one of the Exiles greatest heroes is likely of the fourth race.
    ruff_ethereal, Sonntam and Revon like this.
  3. Darksparrow

Darksparrow New Cupcake

I'm new to the forum here but I was looking in some old videos looking for Easter eggs and I think I might have found one or maybe I might be going crazy but its worth a look so if anyone could answer my question ill delete my post thanks....

http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?media/wildstar-devspeak-housing.133/

its at 2:11 ... turn on 1080p and it only last one frame then she passes behind a guy.... shes the red girl to the far left of your screen... all on screen look like exile so cant be Mechari right?

thanks for looking
  4. Azalus

Azalus Cupcake

This topic belongs in the races thread.
  5. Darksparrow

Darksparrow New Cupcake

6. Bigal007

Bigal007 Cupcake

I got the frame to stop at exactly 2.10, clearly visable with white dreadlock type hair. Interesting.
  7. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I think it's a female Granok. You can see her here as well (right side, behind the counter):

[​IMG]

And there's another red skinned one in the video at 2:10 standing on the ledge on the right side. Definitely a Granok, she has the same hair as the green chick at the back in my screenshot ^
  8. Darksparrow

Darksparrow New Cupcake

but does make you wonder if they tryed to sneek a race in they are both very hard to see at a quick look
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

tis a Red Granok
  10. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Already been confirmed by Carbine that the Dregg themselves aren't the last Exile race. And since the lore hints that the last race joined the Exiles prior to them arriving on Nexus (the Grismarian Blockade), I don't think they have a relation to the Dregg either due to them being a native species.
  11. Villskap

Villskap New Cupcake

Hey, first time writing here ;) I think I found something interesting about the fourth exile race:
    If you would take a look at 2:21 in this video:

You can clearly see a character resembling one of the "confirmed" NPCs on the official site. Here take a look: [​IMG]

Just to be sure I went to the official site to check the lore about these guys in the Regions page but the region Crimson Isle was no longer available. So what do you guys think? Is this the rumored zombie-cyborg race and Carbine leaked it by accident or am I missing something?
  12. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Welcome!
    ... Again... That's the Dregg in the second picture... It was already confirmed. It's also been confirmed that it's not the next race. The guy in the video you're referring to has a human skin tone, he's just in the snow so the ambient light looks a little bluer. Do a frame by frame, it's just a human with dreadlocks. If you notice the Dregg in the second picture has dreadlocks going all the way down to his brow, while the human does not. Also, no red glowy eyes.
  13. Villskap

Villskap New Cupcake

Oh, damn I thought I was finally on to something xD I hope they reveal the two races soon my curiousity reaching its limits lol
  14. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

The moment at last, I have found out what the last exiles race will be!

[​IMG]

It's a Panda.
    Kataryna likes this.
  15. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

You really think the MMO gaming community can take the hit of a second panda race? I think it'll just die if they do...
  16. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

Totally agreed there, it would ruin the fabric of time if pandas became the new humans in MMOs.

Most played race that's in almost every MMO in existence.
  17. SyberSycho

SyberSycho Cupcake

Here is every spot I could find this mystery character. I had to go frame by frame to get 2 of them to show decently.

I blew the image up by 300% so people can see it a little better. I'm not sure if it is or isn't a female Granok but I will say it doesn't really look like it fits with what they have shown us for the final race.
    [​IMG]
  18. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

I'm about 99.9% sure that is a red female Granok.
    Myrrdhinn, Zerdav and Kataryna like this.
  19. Painguin

Painguin Cupcake

Interesting, im thinking it's a female granok, but you never know... Nice catch!
  20. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

The idea of opposing nonhuman races has often been suggested, but so far I've seen it only on one level. I'd assume them to be opposing on several levels.

Here's my go..

Role in their faction(This would match the lineup on the official site):
    Combat: Granok vs Draken
    Science: Aurin vs Chua
    Spys: Zombies vs Mechari

Theme:
    Nature: Aurin vs Draken
    Artificial: Granok vs Mechari
    ??: Zombies vs Chua

Target group(people who go for these types):
    Cute: Aurin vs Chua
    Big: Granok vs Mechari
    Monstrous: Zombies vs Draken

Only a few suggestions. No reason to limit it to one type of mirroring.

For example in WoW the Nightelves mirrored the Forsaken as the race that lived on the other continent as the rest and that hadn't been with the faction in Warcraft 3.
    But Nightelves also mirrored the Tauren, since they both revered nature and were the only two races that could be druids.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.