1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowNugget

ShadowNugget Cupcake

Pretty good, except I don't think that the Zombies would fit into monstrous very well. If the previous undead races are anything to go by, I think they would be for a more edgy crowd or people who like to play evil characters.
  2. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

Yeah the "monstrous" thing was a bit of a shot in the dark, since we don't really know what they look like yet.

It was more about suggesting that the races mirroring can be and probably is on several different levels. But based on based on the fact that the Exiles are lacking something monstrous, but also something that looks wicked evil it might well be either of those. What I'm saying is they likely won't be human-pretty or cute ;)
  3. Mierelle

Mierelle Cupcake-About-Town

Monstrous could implicate some society missfits, Drakens are the savage, tribal race though good fighters bring dirt on your rug, while the zombies are looked upon as monsters or abominations by most races.

Also think the the Zombies could fit under the science category, even though they might not have become zombies due to science they can heavily focus on science now in order to return to their former selves.
  4. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

Ya know... I still can't wrap my head around zombies due to the simple fact that the only picture we have that supports that theory is the rotted stitched arm. They could be a perfectly normal race and the rotted arm is a degenerative skin disease that they choose to use science and encasement to prevent it's spread. Same goes with the medical coffin, I don't particularly see the coffin as being an indicator of what the race itself looks like but more of what their society is focused on.
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Wow, it has some obscure watermark on it now... Lol. No, this is not the last Exile race, this is a fanart concept by Bloodraptor, of what s/he thinks the last Exile race might look like :)
  6. Vulgork

Vulgork Cupcake

I don't actually think they'll be undead either. Just calling them Zombies for the lack of a better name. I think it's the same for many other people.
  7. Nightsong

That's true though we should come up with a better temporary name. Could always steal back <redacted> from the Dominion speculation thread since one of the Carbine lead devs outright mentioned a Granok and Chua talking together.
  8. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

If Chua were not on the Dominion side, that could seriously affect my loyalty.
  9. Grim Fandango

Grim Fandango Well-Known Cupcake

I think the thing most people like about that art is the actual armor they're wearing more than the race (which you can barely see anyway).

That said, the beings in that picture could easily just be Mechari with a few inexplicable stitches. I'd hope Carbine Studios would do a better job at making the fourth race more distinctive than that.
    Neurotic Cucpake likes this.
  10. Hoody

Hoody Cupcake-About-Town

See in another post I have in Rachel's Racial Roundup, I said that I get agitated by the idea of a lot of people thinking that this race was a Dominion/Chua experiment gone wrong. You can check out my original idea which is like the 3rd post by clicking the link above. But I have this particular picture as my background right now...

[​IMG]

And I was looking at the light blue lighting effects that they have in their eyes and cybernetic implants. Yes, I understand that this is just fanart but this is still just an idea that popped in my head.

Now I may sound hypocritical when saying this because, well, it has to do with them being a Dominion/Chua experiment gone wrong. Though that point aside, what if the Chua were experimenting on mummified corpses when they got to Nexus? Then they figured out that these mummies are actually a dead race of Eldan worshipers. So they decide to figure out a way to bring them back to the living, and they do. So they slap their ectoplasm inside dead Cassian bodies, giving them robotic limbs and whatnot. Haven't really came up with why they defect over to the Exiles, but to sum it all up they would be basically ghosts that are inside dead bodies/cybernetic vessels. Although as I said before I feel this just kinda hypocritical to my original idea, and I like that idea better. This was just kind of a fruit for thought...
  11. Nightsong

Problem with the theory of the last Exile race being from Nexus is that it doesn't match up with the stated game lore unless it has been changed. Currently the lore states that the Exile fleet was becoming more and more strained after saving the Aurin from the destruction on their homeworld. This strain came about due to adding the Aurin into the fleet which already consisted of the Humans, the Granok mercenaries, and refugees from the Grismarian Blockade. We don't have a race yet that is associated with the Blockade and it's probably safe to bet the last Exile race is the one from that event.
  12. Bloodraptor

Bloodraptor Cupcake-About-Town

Wow...they skewed it, low rez posted AND shopped my signature out...I feels dirty now X(. This picture has been the sole biggest source of WTF moments for me since I made it, SO many people claiming it to be official concept art which is flattering but now the shopping to take the credit away....welll that is not...sad panda! :,^(

Your dry honesty is respectable, but cuts deep. :p
    Yinello, Azhdaha and Vulgork like this.
  13. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Please remove this post and don't post stuff like this here anymore. If you scroll up to the top of the forum, you can see a big box clearly stating that posting content like this is forbidden.
    Kataryna likes this.
  14. Lsp in the house

Lsp in the house New Cupcake

srry im soo neeeeeew to this idk what Im doing here just wanted to help
  15. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

we do not support NDA breaches here. The mods crack down heavily upon them.
  16. Lsp in the house

Lsp in the house New Cupcake

sooooo srry i guess itll never happen again

ill just go and get of now i guess srry for causing soo much trouble....
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you clearly knew it wasn't allowed. you went through the trouble of writing out that name like t h i s so that people could see it instead of it being <Redacted>.
  18. Webstar

Webstar New Cupcake

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but if you go into the Crimson Isle info page and click on the enemies tab. You will then see two photos that show what seems to be a cyborg undead race with claws like a stalker in the first one, and a sword like a warrior in the second one. This could be the 4th race that is eluding us so well.

Attached Files:

19. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

These are the Dregg, not a player race.
  20. Merihim

Merihim New Cupcake

I bet some 'darker' race. It has to, to complete the circle that is. When there's elves there are dark elves when there are humans there are undead etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.