1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keleynal

Keleynal New Cupcake

I'm definitely thinking a science-y race will be the final Exile race. Something kind of like the Gnomes (or Goblins) in WoW has my bet.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

nah, that's what the Dominion are getting.
  3. Keleynal

Keleynal New Cupcake

But the point has already been made about reciprocity in the races. It's not out of the question that both factions could have a small, quirky, science centered race.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

well, the current thoughts for the Exiles are the "Space Zombies" - non "living" things as a counter to the dominion's Mechari - non "living" things. the little fluffy gremlins are to be the counter to the fluffy Aurins.
    Izukar likes this.
  5. Keleynal

Keleynal New Cupcake

I
    i was thinking more the scienceyness of the robots would be balanced by the teeny little scientists, but I see what you did there.
  6. Brimdang

Brimdang Cupcake

I'm hoping to see more of the clear Perspex/glass over exposed organs/bones (that we saw on the arm in meet the exiles) on the unannounced exile race.
    I'd love it if a head customisation option was having a floating brain in clear perspex instead of a head, maybe with a pair of floating eyeballs or glasses, even a jar with a mass of floating eyeballs. Maybe lava lamp or plasma ball heads/features.
    I'd like more of an emphasis sci-fi/mad scientist themes than traditional zombie tropes.
    I'm really hoping for a creative look we haven't seen much of before, I just worry that we'll get wows forsaken in space.
    ruff_ethereal and moneda like this.
  7. Khade Deveron

Khade Deveron New Cupcake

I was watching the video for the exiles and noticed in one scene there are four fists raised in the air. One looks human, one like a Grannok, one could be an auran, but the last definitely has an undead look. The "bed" for the un-named race also looked "undeadish". What do you think?

[​IMG]
  8. Minjin

Minjin New Cupcake

You can go over the forums and see that it has been talked about for awhile now. There is even a thread or two dedicated just to talking about it. That being said, yes it appears to be a race that has used science and alchmey to increase it's lifespan

It is semi considered a right of passage to think you have discovered the new race, people come in everyday with a new idea, or a new take on it. So far we all seem to agree it is some type of "near-zombish" type race for Exiles, and Mogwai type char for the Dominion.
    ruff_ethereal, Izukar and Kataryna like this.
  9. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

<Admin Hat> I've merged all the final Exile race speculation threads into this new "Official" thread - keep all your theories and speculations here! :) </Admin Hat>
    Kataryna likes this.
  10. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Better than a Dunce cap :p
    Izukar likes this.
  11. pikachu

pikachu Cupcake

I have a new theory up for grabs.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/races/
    Why aren't the Mechari and Aurin on the same row?
    Why are the Granok and Draken are on the same row?
    Well, it comes down to their roles in their respective factions.
    Humans - versatile leadership Cassians- all mighty leadership
    Granok - Calm but extremely dangerous warriors Draken - Savage fighters, capable of killing hundreds
    Aurin - I believe they were said to be good scientists? 4th dominion race - LITTLE GENIUS SCIENTIST

Now, it comes down to mechari - messengers of the Eldan, ambassadors and super assassins to the dominion.
    4th exile race ??????????? (we know they may be an undead one, but what's their role? Half robot/undead androids?)
  12. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I been leaning this way. What if the 4th is an outdated Dominion robot/cyborg and the Mechari took their place. Once the Dominion gave them the boot they have not had the means to repair or augment and do the best they can with parts from the dead or other broken down cyborgs/robots.

/shrug
    Izukar likes this.
  13. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

I prefer the term Astro Zombies :)
    [​IMG]
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  14. WickedMir

WickedMir Cupcake

I like pretty much every theory so far!
    I'm leaning towards hoping/wishing for something similar to the story of the Vidiian from Star Trek: Voyager. That would give so much depth to a normally one-sided zombie story. If they want to give a counterpart to the Mechari, non-living in a more fleshly (and therefore rotting) race would actually fit.

Some highlights :
    The Vidiians suffer from a necrotizingplague called "the Phage". The name for the disease comes from Greek φᾰγεῖν phagein, which means "to eat". The organs of people suffering from the Phage literally devour themselves.

The Vidiians possess medical technology far more advanced than Starfleet, as they must constantly replace their organs with transplants - often stolen - to remain alive. Their bodies appear to be made of a patchwork of different alien skins
    Kurik Lein likes this.
  15. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

That sounds pretty awesome. :)
  16. WickedMir

WickedMir Cupcake

If you look at the image of the hand in the poster it can mean 2 things:
    A) either the arm is being preserved in a container because it was further in decay then the rest of the hand
    or
    B) the hand, arm, and upper arm are 3 different parts from 3 different 'sources' :)
    I'm hoping for the latter, that would be pretty awesome indeed.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  17. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

You mean like patchwork people? Interesting :p
  18. WickedMir

WickedMir Cupcake

Yes, sort of.
    Frankenstein Monster that actually does it's own science to stay alive. And may or may not use other.. parts... to do so :p
    ruff_ethereal and Izukar like this.
  19. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Maybe alchemy or whatever was used will tie the 4th Exile and Dominion races together. The Koalas used it as an experiment on the "Undead" who now have to use those same practices to keep themselves alive. :)
  20. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

A race of Frankenstein's monsters sounds AMAZING.

Also... Watch the Meet the Exiles video really closely when that giant lumbering guy brushes past the human male at the bar. At first I thought it was a Granok... But the face looks like it has a beard? Or something?

I also wonder if they DID managed to "bring Brightland back," but just as undead or this patchwork version. And this tech is now offered to every Exile human when they die to keep their dwindling numbers constant against the Dominion.

But I'm really liking his race of Frankenstein's monsters idea... And now I want to watch that Exile video again and freeze it and enhance that big guy's face...

EDIT: well I can't take a screenshot on my phone, but that giant has a beard, huge Wario mustache, and an eyepatch... So not sure what's going on there......
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.