1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Fourth Exile Race Speculation

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Guide, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Did as you said and yes that is deffinately a beard! Hmmm..
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I think that that dude is just a fat/big human with an eyepatch. :p

Probably an NPC since I don't think they'll let us make our own humans that big. :p
  3. FelixAkuma

Yeh he was like Granok sized i think haha.. but i'm loving this Frankenstein idea for the 4th Exile race, if its true then that'd deffinately be my scientist :D
    Patrician likes this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i'm going to say human as well, but if you slow it down, the guy sitting down stands up and is less than a foot shorter than the bigger human. i hope it's the amount of customization allowed :) will give us TONS of ways to differentiate from one another.
  5. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

Interesting looking chap, heh.
    Patrician likes this.
  6. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I know, right? Is that... Is that Pirate-Dr. Robotnik!?
    ruff_ethereal and Kataryna like this.
  7. FelixAkuma

If that's a human can i just say... YAY eyepatches! :D
  8. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

If this has been brought up before please let me know... I've been searching through the nicely consolidated thread (thanks Zap!) but couldn't find this picture referenced in regards to race. What race is this?

[​IMG]

All the way in the back right there. The guy with the topknot. Is that just a human? If so, WOW talk about customization variation...

But if it's NOT a human... what could it be? >.>

... maybe... Sasquatch!?

[​IMG]
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

If the 4th Exile is what we think it is, it would be a pretty interesting race, and I imagine some pretty enticing lore!
    Patrician likes this.
  10. FelixAkuma

If it is a frankenstein like race.. then there would be alot of customization option in character creator i think :p
    Patrician likes this.
  11. Airhammer

Airhammer Cupcake

Since we haven't seen the character customization options this is purely speculation, but I'm thinking those screens are just Humans/Cassians at opposite ends of the size slider.
    I like the idea of a Dominion experiment gone wrong for the Exiled raced, but they were already given Robots to do their bidding and they have the Draken for their super soldiers... I'm thinking a race that can't survive outside their planets atmosphere well.
    Dominions race is harder. All we have to go on is a gun, but I'm thinking some sort of space gnome/dwarf that builds all their war machines? Maybe a slave race to the Elden to maintain the Mechari?
  12. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I think it's probably a human. The same hairstyle has been displayed in a Facebook screenshot... although for all we know, hairstyles could be shared across races...

Thanks for linking that screenshot though, I don't think I've seen it before. Any more where that came from? :p
  13. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I found the screenshot on this site actually in the Class speculation thread, because people were wondering about the staff she had and speculating what class that might be if it is not just the look for a NPC. ^^

I did find this bad arse looking Draken I'd never seen before in my neverending screenshot hunt though!

[​IMG]
  14. Zee

Zee Cupcake

Mirroring one of my tweets on this subject.

I think they could be a failed creation of the Elden, a humanoid zombie race which rebelled. The Elden then created the Mechari (mechanic/computers that always followed the Eldan orders).
  15. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Carbine could totally make humans that big without even having to redesign armor. Just use the Granok template and make it shorter. DONE!
  16. InnocentCivilian

I think that that guy's a human. So far, all the races in Wildstar look incredibly distinct: something achievable thanks to its very strong art style. :inlove:

If we see a new race, I feel like we'll KNOW it, as opposed to wondering if it's a new race OR a human. :coffee:

Unfortunately, I think that this type of variation will only be available on NPCs. :confused:

With an art style as stylised as Wildstar's, I think that the devs would want to keep each race's silhouette as distinct as possible, so you can tell, at a glance, and even at a distance, who it is you're looking at.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  17. John

John "That" Cupcake

The Exiles discovered they were physically inferior to the Mechari, and needed to make a type of home-grown, replaceable soldier to try and win by numbers rather than strength....

A routine mining expedition led to the shocking discovery a previously unseen Eldan storage unit. Months of hard work and research finally led to Exile scientist deciphering enough of the chemically-coded locking device to open the unit. They discovered thousands of microscopic vials, each one carefully engaved with Eldan text that was unreadable.

Endless research, countless failed trials, and several deaths finally led scientist to a formula that started producing a results: rare earth ore fused with plasma, and finally injected with a single drop from an Eldan vial...and they had created their own soldier: T1001 Liquid Plasma Man. A shapeshifting creature, invulnerable to almost any physical attack with a self-dianosing neural net capable of complete function even when when removed from supervision.
    It was know to often drop brilliantly witty one liners upon elimination of enemy targets.
  18. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Sadly, T1001 Liquid Plasma Man had one fatal flaw! It was prone to traveling out of its way after the target to any nearby (and strangely coincidental) pits of lava and/or molten metal. Pits of lava or molten metal being the only possible thing that could destroy it, it would then further make the baffling decision to engage in melee combat ABOVE these pits of sure death rather than either starving its victim out, or procuring some type of ranged weapon.

After too many of the models were lost, it was back to the drawing board!
  19. InnocentCivilian

Then they realised that since the T-801 can reliably defeat 'superior' models, they decided that maybe they had it right the first time, and just sent more of those!
    Patrician likes this.
  20. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

Actually that arm looks exactly like something from Champions online.
    They had these kind of Hillbillies that lived in a nuclear waste zone. Part of their bodies were transparent and you could see their bones. I doubt they will make the trip to Wildstar though . . .

It does look like a sarcophagus from the Meet the Exiles video though . . . so the idea of Eldan Mummies might be on track. As a kind of guardian left behind they wouldn't know too much about anything except fighting off intruders. And make a good pair for the Draken. Leaving the Auren to pair with the unknown Dominion race, which may likely be a small mad scientist gremlin thing.

One thing though, when the new official Wildstar site switched to the new style, the race page had the Draken and Mechari unknown still, but the silhouettes were all different . . . the last 2 are the same . . . could it be a race that plays for both sides? That is very ballish and wears top hats . . . Frosty!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.