1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Official M30 Patch Note Q&A thread

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jeremy Gaffney, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batzorig

Batzorig Cupcake-About-Town

May be too much to ask, but I'm curious... what factors prompted changing the Spellslinger's Support Stat from Magic to Will?

EDIT: And along with the the apparent 'addition' of mana to the class?
  2. Narthen

Narthen Cupcake

I want to know what process of determination you used to make the quantitive statement....

"The Quest log has been polished and is now 46% prettier".... I MUST KNOW THE MATH ON THIS, DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING!!!!

Question then...Would the larger action set facilitate having more than one passive active at a time or will it always only be 1 passive, 1 path and the remainder changeable slots??
  3. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

Hey Gaffer, great to see you here at WSC and on Reddit.

I recently posted a thread about adding some small animations. Nothing really about that in the patch notes I know but I was wondering if you guys intend to add any small animations in the future as you add polish and improve immersion.

Reference my thread Here.
  4. Jeremy Gaffney

Jeremy Gaffney Carbine Studios

I'll see what we can do. Maybe we can invite "Worst Youtube" into the beta :/

(side note, bummer for the TESO guys on the leaks there - we have friends on that team (and personally I'm a Skyrim fan) and that kinda thing sucks.
    sheep, Rai, Patrician and 14 others like this.
  5. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

As it should be, As it should be. Thanks for the other answers, I could probably ask a question on just about every point in those patch notes but I know your time is precious.
  6. Gray

Gray Podcaster

One of my core priorities, too. *wipes tear of nod-head-ed-ness
  7. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I lol'd.
  8. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Hey there Mr. Gaffney, I think that the way that you guys are handling this leak is extraordinary and again speaks volumes about Carbine as a company.

I have a few questions related to the patch notes.

Experience gains have been reduced across the board. Let us know how this new pacing feels!

Was there a sense from the beta testers that players were progressing too rapidly and thus were unable to experience all of the content in a zone? Also how are you able to slow xp rates in any significant fashion without having to add more content to make up for the smaller xp gains per quest / activity?

Added new right click "auto attacks".

Could you explain the thought process behind switching from a no auto-attack more active system to a more traditional system that incorporates auto attacks? I understand that auto attacks have their uses, they add consistency to damage output, they allow for proc based items and abilities to be more useful, and they can help to alleviate mindless button mashing by automating a traditionally repetitive process. However this addition seems to go against the initial design directive put forward by Carbine for this game with the more active combat style.

Scaling d├ęcor is now properly limited within reason.

As someone who was looking forward to really testing the limits of the housing system to come up with some creative design solutions for my housing interior could you give us some examples of how this new "within reason" scaling system works?

--- --- ---​
    That's all I've got for now, again thank you so much for doing this, you and the rest of the people at Carbine keep amazing me time and again. I am sorry about the leak, but you are handling it phenomenally!
  9. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Hehe, nice Taken reference! ^_^

This is an extremely awesome thing for you guys to do, Mr Gaffney! It grinds my gears that it happened in the first place, though. :(

Thank you for not losing faith in us!
  10. Dusntmatter

Dusntmatter New Cupcake

I think GW is a little misleading. It has "10" slots, but in reality it doesn't. 1 is a heal, 1 is an elite skill, 3 are skill point skills which really don't factor into combat in an actual rotation or anything. And in reality, of the 5 skills that are left, for most weapons, maybe only 3 are damage skills or really any fun.
    Zeta and spencerBAXLEY like this.
  11. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Just want to say thanks! You guys, as usual, are awesome.

Since I saw patch notes on scientist that means it is available for test? I forget if it was the chars, paths, or classes that we do not know about yet and were going to be in the game for beta.
  12. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Missed this, one more thing I'm curious of. As far as pacing goes are you aiming for a more WoW-style where a 6-14 zone would actually get you to 14 or maybe even 16 if you did all the content. Or are you going in a more GW2 direction where you wouldn't get to the level cap of the zone through normal questing or consuming the content in the zone and might have to do 1.5, even 2 zones or more to advance to the next level range.
    Zilvoran and Huffle Puff like this.
  13. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Just a heads up, this part is included twice in the M30 Patch Notes. I read the mounts being upgraded to 30g twice, and then I checked to see what else was repeated. Located right above AUDIO.

• Fixed display issues with the Architect tech tree.
    • Fixed bug that was causing Architect XP to be granted whenever anyone unlocked their first achievement.
    • Repair costs have been drastically reduced.
    • Cost of the first mount increased to 30 gold.
    • Due to planetwide economic factors, crafters will need to purchase cost materials on a recipe by recipe basis from a crafting vendor
    • Completely coincidentally, Protostar has revealed their new product line: U-Craft series Vendbots!
      • Ranging from Lite to Ultra, these bots sell crafting goods, including cost materials, tools, architect and technologist additives, and occasionally, limited stock of materials which are normally found as world drops.
    • Both Dominion and Exile forces have updated their tradeskill hubs, which now include a host of personnel, embedded crafting stations, a vendbot, work order board, and fancy sign.
    • Existing Work Orders in Algoroc and Galeras have been updated.
    • Updated Tradeskill descriptions on the Tradeskill Trainer.
    • The level requirement on Basic Medishot has been reduced to 3, and the Basic Medishot SR to 5.
    • Crafting Tutorial Quests are now correctly given/received via the Communicator.
    • Cotton has been replaced with Canvas
    • All classes now have the same quest reward choices (with the exception of weapons).
    • Salvaging starts at level 6 instead of level 10 now.
    • XP, Reputation and Gold have been removed from Challenge Loot Wheel. In a future update, completing a Challenge will automatically grant all three of these, in addition to the Loot Wheel reward.
    • Housing items have been added as rewards to Challenges, Quests, Loot, Path Rewards, and Reputation Vendors.
    • Shields now have stats other than stamina on them.
    • Additives are now found only on vendors.
    Great responses to folks here, shows a lot about Carbine :)
  14. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Amazing! Thanks for the response !

Also I'm glad to see how inventory is shaping out, with the division into quest, tradeskill and personal. This isn't explicitly mentioned in the notes, but I hope that carries over into the bank ( assuming there is one ) .

Thank you again!
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  15. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

Jeremy, as an owner of a WildStar Fansite that refuses to post NDA breaking stuff, I'm very thankful for how you all have handled this situation. I'm also glad that you've made it clear that this isn't always going to be the response (I would hate to think that people would assume that releasing leaks to the public will prompt full disclosure!)

My site has already seen so much support from the WildStar Community team by allowing us to host one of the #WSuplink conversations, I can't imagine asking for anything more!

I'm combing through the patch notes right now and can't wait for more "official" WildStar info :D
    Zee, Zilvoran, Blankspace and 4 others like this.
  16. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Thanks for doing this JG, I've never seen a company do this before. :) My questions have already been asked but I'll try and think of some more.
    Zee likes this.
  17. Ninereeds

Ninereeds Cupcake-About-Town

Major kudos to you guys and gals at Carbine for being amazing after a leak and being so open with everyone in the community about it.

My question is just more out of curiosity, of the items changed in the patch notes how much of that was from beta player feedback and how much was already in the pipeline or sometching that the developers saw that needed adjusting? Just curious about more behind the scenes stuff since most of the patch notes went over my head for now. :)
  18. Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan Cupcake-About-Town

Hi Jeremy, I'd like to start by thanking you for being so open, it's a refreshing relief from the false promises and general silence from a certain other MMO's developers.

On a related note (the relation is totally justifiable in my head, though I won't take you through that train of thoughts), while you're here, will Autralians be included in the closed beta (at any period), or shall I stop getting excited every time I see an unread email? That goes for any country outside of America/EU that probably won't get their own servers.
  19. Jeremy Gaffney

Properly balancing the utility of stats across classes so that all have hopefully some value and yet some are more valuable than others (it's a balancing act)
  20. Jeremy Gaffney

All being mucked with right now, so even if I gave a correct answer it'd probably change when we respond to CBT1 feedback in CBT2 and CBT3.
    Kataryna and Arawulf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.