1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Scientist Path Thread - Suggestions and Concerns

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Goreshank, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly I just want to exclaim how excited I am for the path system particularly the scientist and explorer. I am a scientist in real life (research physiology) hence the title. The concept of a game actually allowing us players to tailor our experience to our preferences and rewarding us for it at the same time is quite refreshing/rad. Feel free to share in my excitement if desired :)
    Ninereeds and Aheadache like this.
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I am excited by the settler class , and to some extent explorer and scientist. I feel that the paths will be my main driving force for alts this time around rather than the class they are paired with ( although I will choose different classes for them ).
    The possibilities of some sandbox in the theme park are very very intruiging.
  3. Vhiral

Vhiral Cupcake-About-Town

I am really looking forward to the settler reveal, it's probably the path that I am the most interested in. But I love all the other paths too, I want to play them all. So I probably will!
  4. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

You will be a scientist 24/7 lol
  5. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm desperate for more information on the Scientist path and the Settler path, as these interest me the most for my chosen playstyle. ^^

If I'm not being social and a part of the community as a Settler, I want ALL the lore! I want to collect ALL THE THINGS! But I really just love lore and Carbine's lore in particular combines the perfect essence of Terry Pratchett to me: All that humor, but if you look closely it's not all about humor in the least.
  6. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I most exuberantly share in this enthusiasm for the scientist path! :D I cannot express how thrilled I am that Carbine has not only given us all the option of choosing a class, like most MMOs, but also a path so that we can tailor our gaming experience even more into something uniquely us. The scientist route is definitely something I'm looking forward to playing (and finding out even more about). I love the idea of learning more about the planet and the Eldan, along with any native wildlife or ancient technology. All of that interests me!

Very cool, by the way! You get double the scientist points.
    Patrician likes this.
  7. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

All I can say is.

[​IMG]
  8. mge_br

mge_br Cupcake

Agree 100%, I going with scientis (used to be one, but them realized i need money to live :cry:) and soldier, plus i never liked vistas and plataform jumping so eliminathing these by avoind the explorer path is also great for me.
  9. Scelestic

Scelestic Cupcake

I'm very much looking forward to the 'Reveal' of the Scientist, very curious to see what Carbine decides what to do with it. As it'd be friggan cool if Scientists could contribute to a central 'library' of Player Discovered Data.
    Patrician likes this.
  10. Mouseknuckle

Mouseknuckle Cupcake

Honestly the paths system is a great system and each path sounds unique. I just hope they can make them all have appeal equally. Meaning that their will be a more balanced choosing of what paths people take rather than everyone being mostly a solider and explorer.
  11. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

SCIENCE!

Kirathis likes this.
  12. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

My country isn't good enough for this video, Patrician.
  13. Goreshank

Goreshank Cupcake-About-Town

Personally this one never gets old, or when someone is bothering me I like to say, "Leave me alone, I'm doing science!"
  14. Mouseknuckle

Mouseknuckle Cupcake

Appreciate the laugh mate.
  15. bitbandit

bitbandit Cupcake-About-Town

I'm all for the scientist path, my fiance started drooling over settler though :X
  16. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

They did mention the Galactic Archives as a sort of central-data hub for players! I know Scientist won't be my main's path, but I really like the idea of it and it appeals to the part of me that enjoys Pokemon games and read in-game novels in Morrowind late into the night. So I just hope that as an Explorer, I can feed off of some of your wonderful discoveries and enjoy a good read while I'm camped out in a hidden cave. ;)

Also, because SCIENCE:
    [​IMG]
    Kirathis and Fate Flyer like this.
  17. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I can't wait to science! My house will be full of all manner of test tubes, beakers, Erlenmeyer flasks, and bunson burners. It'll smell like someone accidentally scienced the wrong chemicals together to cause unstable, stinky science... but that's because that thing happened. I will be the top scientist in all fields of science all the way from wet to dry science and I will teach lectures on science to entire symposiums of up-and-coming sciencers.
  18. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

I am very excited for the science path, I hope it will enhance healing to some degree or combine with crafting like alchemy. Just hope it does not make a bunch of redneck scientist:

19. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

I am really glad they are giving us this whole path mechanic. It will make the game stand out with a unique and novel feature that will help a player cater the game to their playstyle, rather than having the game try to cater to everyone. I for one am dead set on going the scientist route as someone who enjoys working within the sciences. Although certainly not as fascinating as exploring an alien world, it's nice that I can digitally whet my scientific appetite.
  20. John

John "That" Cupcake

Settler and scientist both look pretty awesome. Can't wait to find out more about them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.