1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Scientist Path Thread - Suggestions and Concerns

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Goreshank, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

Isn't that going to be a feature in warplots? Capturing boss monsters then unleashing them against enemy warplots?
  2. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

I'm a big lore junkie and I want to really see what kinds of things the scientist get. I immediately gravitated towards explorer because I love jumping puzzles and getting to neat places but I also don't want to miss out on potential lore. I'm hoping that I don't have to just go on a wiki to read all the lore if I'm not a scientist.
  3. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Just remember that it's been stated that Explorers also get exclusive lore! ;)

Although yeah, it's also been stated that Scientists get more. :p
  4. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm I don't recall hearing about that but that's good news.
  5. shadowclasper

shadowclasper Cupcake-About-Town

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU CARBINE D8

Splitting your delicious lore nuggets between paths! I WILL HAVE MINE VENGEANCE!
  6. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

7. cyborgwalrus

cyborgwalrus New Cupcake

[​IMG]

I just hope all paths are going to be beneficial for all classes. For example I don't want to pick something other than science on a stalker just because all science stuff benefits healers only.
  8. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I just wish they would finally drop some info on Scientist other than "For Scientist path, you learn and gain power. The more you learn, the more power you gain." What kind of power? And none of that "Knowledge is power" stuff. I would love to scan an enemy and see some weak spot that takes extra damage, or slows the enemy, or does something to them to alter the fight in your favor... Would be great. I like lore and all, but if that's literally all you got... you would be better off with any other path, since they seem to give actual items/abilities. I remember someone saying they heard (wow... redundant much?) that the scientist path may give you the ability to craft potions/elixers. Possibly like the raid flasks of WoW. Seems like that would be useful.
    It just doesn't seem right that the interviews and developers have "let slip" so many facts about settlers, but scientist gets "the more you learn, the more power you gain"? ugh.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

yup! they've stated that they've got the Path Team on making sure that the path abilities benefit all the classes.
  10. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cupcake

I found information on the scientist class. Not a lot, but it helps us speculate on what else it can do. Post from Carbine's Gaffney "No, but true story: I was in that area in Algoroc with the Loftite (blue floating crystals which project a low-gravity zone). I was a scientist (who can study those crystals to double the jump height). I found a discovery which created a 2x jump buff on me."
    Scanning certain things will actually buff your character in some ways. Wonder if that loftite double jump height is pemanent, since the 2x jump buff seems to be seperate.
  11. Nami

Nami New Cupcake

I am so torn between science and explorer paths. They said science is the path to go if you are a completionist at one point but explorer will be able to open up secret areas? It drives me nuts that I can't choose between the two, I am going to have to make an explorer friend probably... Since I'm more prone to touching things to see what they do in raids as opposed to wondering off to look at the daisies. Mimiron's "DO NOT PUSH" button? Yea I got in trouble with the raid, jerks refused to explain it the first time.
  12. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I have a very strong feeling that the Scientist path is going to be predicated on the history and lore of Nexus.

As a scientist I believe that you will get a lot of quest mission telling you to study certain things in the environment so that you can tell everyone else what happen to the Elden.
    You will study it to show how the environment ended up this way, what used to live here , and how the native species on the planet of Nexus have both survived and evolved. I believe you will be able to study the culture and ways of life of the natives as well getting a look at their own history comparing it to what you know and do not know about Nexus.

Basically the Scientist will be a path way for people who want to know more about the lore/mysteries of Nexus while seeing new creatures and such
  13. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

I'm still doubting between Scientist and Settler. I love the idea of experimenting and science, but I'm not a huge lore person. Still if scanning through lore leads to clues of something great (and great loot), I'd be all over that!
  14. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

Well, that makes my decision easier! I like the sounds of Explorer content best, but wanted to see Scientist lore- I'll still have to have an alt, but if Explorer gets exclusive lore too, I'll have at least some progress there on my main.
  15. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

16. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

I'm hoping science can give us an edge in combat in some form or another in a cerebral fashion! Ie knowing that after an enemy does A attack, they are vulnerable from the right side (though this applies only to scientists with this knowledge).
    This could help tremendously on bosses if said knowledge can be given to the team in the form of a temporary, conditional buff of sorts. Know yourself, know your enemy, do not fear the outcome of 100 battles.

Alternatively, it could apply to other paths as well. By researching lore you could find tombs that only explorers can reach, or technology for settlements that settlers can use, the attack patterns of enemies to help soliders know where to defend and when to attack, etc.

Knowledge is power, but it's up to carbine to choose how we can apply it :p
  17. Victoria_

Victoria_ New Cupcake

I am a little concerned. I love the idea of the explorer path, there just seems to be so much actually content there, but I cannot complete a jumping puzzle for toffee so reluctant to choose it.

The only other path that appeals is Scientist but I cannot see how they can add the content that the explorer seems to get. Running up and scanning something compared to finding new parts of the world... seems a bit of a raw deal. I hope they do manage to add content to the path that feels genuinely exciting rather than a little bland as I currently imagine it.

Lore is amazing, I love me some lore, but if the game play alongside it is uninspiring...meh!
  18. Cogburn

Cogburn Cupcake-About-Town

19. The Fiery Fox

The Fiery Fox New Cupcake

Well the Wildstar Wednesday sure gave us some nice info on the Scientist and Settler. Definitely check out that page if you haven't as the videos give you a nice insight and they even posted images that list some of the key things each path will do. Scientist is looking very cool I have to say. Feeling very happy with that as my planned choice for launch.
  20. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Compilation thread being closed due to official Path announcement/information
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.