1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

"Official" Settler Path Thread - Suggestions and Concerns

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Pixie, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sassaroth

Sassaroth Cupcake

I hope more information on the settler will be out soon. I have seen the little that has been provided through dev blogs. I like the idea of building towns and outpost, and taxi service.

I am concerned though. If all the other settlers build up everything, what does that leave you, Mr. Lastplace. I have an idea that the outposts and the like could be attacked every now and then. This gives solider paths something to shoot at, and if not saved, something for the settlers to rebuild. Thus, there will always be content, and a little more variety. I sorta want to play settler because I like the idea of building things, but I will I have a chance if everything is all ready build.

Perhaps as well, settler paths can be used to improve War plots and houses. Imagine you need to get an upgrade but you need a settler to get it from for your house. Yes this does make certain object path related, but then again, with a limited number of paths it should not be too hard to find a settler and beg for them to whip out the ol hammer and nails ( or graviton assisted solid mass impacter and miniature friction holding stakes.)
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

They have said settler made stuff will degrade over time. As a settler you can repair other settler items as well.
    From the patch notes released a couple of wednesdays ago, we gleaned that settlers can make turrets and other plug in related items.

There is a ton of info on the boards - just buried under stuff - have a look around.
  3. Sassaroth

Sassaroth Cupcake

hey I really thank you for letting me know. I find it a GREAT idea to have erosion. I will look harder! :)
  4. Oziriz

Oziriz New Cupcake

The Settles path seems super interesting. I really love what wildstar is doing with these pahts....

Helping out the community with buildings campfires and stuff like that sounds amazing. I reckon that you can build stuff to help out people in zones for a X amount of time. Otherwise the world will be filled with random built <REDACTED> and that won't work in the end. So building probably have a duration limit on em, or you need to stay within the zone for them to be up (or at least online).

A lot of things they can do with the Settler path, looking forward to see what they come up with! :)
  5. Kriegson

Kriegson New Cupcake

Ultimately I'm loving the concept of the path system, and while my main will be a scientist (massive lore buff, so aside from killing things it seems right up my alley) I will definently have an alt settler simply for a more casual kind of world building...or at least I assume it may be more casual/relaxing at times :p
  6. C1d0s

C1d0s Cupcake

I'm being realistic with my current expectations of the Settler path. An overall buffer / quality of life provider that can set up small encampments ( fires ) and provide defensive ( turrets ) and social ( Taxi ) benefits.

I'm not looking to build whole cities of massive structures, just things to ease the load on some people's shoulders. Later on down the road, when W* has undergone release and a bit of funding from ( hopefully? ) great success, then I'll start asking to build palaces in my own honor and shiz.
  7. Gmane Omoruyi

Gmane Omoruyi New Cupcake

I am worried about how close do I have to be to the things I built to get buffs and rewards? Shouldn't be too close being that science have discovered magic right?.... right??
  8. xzi

xzi New Cupcake

I love the idea of building up cities and your houses even better as a settler. I'm just not sure how they are going to go about cities that are built up already effecting the game over time? What, is everyone gonna build up everything in the first month and then what? Just reset it or? I'm really hoping they address this soon because I want to partake in building up something more than once.

Anyways, I found some post on reddit with a link to this twitch page that has an interview around 41:25 with Jeremy Gaffney who said in a few weeks coming up they are going to talk a bit more about the Settler, so I can't wait!
  9. Skorge

Skorge New Cupcake

I get the feeling the settler will have a lot of involvement in things like War Plots and housing, by that i mean that they may receive additional benefits and items/furniture exclusive to the settler path.
    But i'm just spit balling to be honest i hope they come out with more info soon. This path as been left in the dark pretty much.

The idea and concept of this path is pretty epic and thats why i'm sycked about it!
  10. Daniel Boome

Daniel Boome New Cupcake

The thought of settler seems awesome, I plan on it being my main. I would like to see guild communities with player housing and settlers having an impact on the Warplots.
  11. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

I will take on the role as a Settler myself, from what i've read and heard, they seem really interesting.
    It's a good idea with erosion, since even thou it's a simple mechanic, it will work out in the long run.

About the camps, so as far as i understand, people'll get rest bonus similair to the houses, aswell as a buff? (Please do correct me if i am wrong), so what will their timer be? I doubt they will hold out for long, i mean, it's just a simple camp, let's say (for arguments sake) that they won't last longer than 15min, while bigger and better stuff, like.. let's say a statue, that will hold out for 3hours.

Ooh! And what if said statue gives a zone wide buff to all allies in the same zone? Let's say +5% exp/gold or something like that and then the soldiers can come and destroy (or defend!) the statue. Would be sweet since it also will add to world interaction. And if the statue gets destroyed and no one has built a new statue, thena a new Settler can just build a new statue in the same spot.

Sorry if i made it unclear what i mean, ask if you're uncertain and i'll try to explain it further.
  12. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Do settler gain xp offline?

i mean to their buildings persist when they log out? and if they do, do they still get the Settler benefits from people using them?
  13. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Compilation thread being closed due to official Path announcement/information
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.