1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Ok please forgive.. (Poll) Exiles or Dominion

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Konoko, Apr 18, 2013.

?

Exiles or Dominion ?

1. Exiles

47.5%
  2. Dominion

35.4%
  3. Both

17.3%
  1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sorry if this thread was already created (I'm sure that it was) but I'm still curious to hear people's opinions.

I myself will go Exile first as a Aurin-Esper-Scientist. :)

I chose aurin as typically in PvP smaller character models do seem to benefit my play style for whatever reason. I'm a smaller target to hit etc..

Esper because.. well I like ranged combat initially in any new MMO. I feel ranged is an advantage initially until all those melee classes figure out their stun rotations.. strats etc. While they are working on that I'm just bombing away. Then later on if I find Melee to be stronger or more appealing I try it out. Generally however I tend to prefer ranged.

Cheers

~ Koni
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah, the "small target to hit" won't help you much in PvP. Everyone has roughly the same size hit-boxes, so unless you can somehow camouflage yourself or hide your tiny Aurin frame in the effects without getting damaged, that small size won't be much of an advantage.

Staying on topic, I chose Exiles because Bunny Girls. Seriously speaking, I just love "slapdash" and "on the edge" living, most especially with the "junker running on duct-tape and prayers" aesthetic the Exile fleet has. The Dominion is just too... clean, for my tastes; I love grit in my life and a little elbow grease for good measure.

Also, Aurin Esper Scientist here, too. Go Science and Freaky Mental Powers!
    Eluldor, Mudfin and Haro like this.
  3. Crow

Crow Cupcake

Exiles all the way. I'm a sucker for southern accents and Browncoats forever! :)
    Catrike and Dtrain like this.
  4. Titbiscuit

Titbiscuit Cupcake

Race is still depending on the unannounced race, but for now:

Mechari (Dominion) Warrior. Probably the Soldier or Scientist path.

Dominion because I favor "bad/evil" guys (since I'm a good guy IRL I guess) and they look more badass then the whimsy Exiles.
    Mechari because they look badass. C'mon, giant fighting machines.
    Warrior because I lke fast past upclose combat (but I don't like stealth classes). I favor brawling like classes (berserker/viking/brawler, pretty much any melee class using dual wield with raw power rather than agility) using axes/swords/fist weapons. But aslong as the 2H action is fast paced, it will do. And besides.. Giant fighting machine using a sword? Hell yeah. Who needs lasers when you got swords.
  5. Prometheus

Prometheus Cupcake

Liked the Mechari and Draken races best, so I'll be going with them.
    I really liked the character models and back stories of both.
  6. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Exile, why? Because them Dominions are massive pricks, story-wise. I mean have you seen the interviews? Also, Exiles have bunnygirls while they get slinky snake people, wasn't a hard choice to make.

I'd go with the zombie race if they can roll stalkers, if not human it is. I just hope they actually have that zombie feel and not just falling-apart-supported-by-technology.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Dominion Cassian Scientist Healer/Tank (will have to look which class suits my playstyle the most), or a Mechari Scientist <REDACTED> class. No Draken for me!

Dominion, because of their attitude! It's the exact same as mine love it! They are just bad-assed, english accent speaking people with nice style in both their cloths/gear as in their architecture.

There is only one way to victory, and that's the dominating way!
  8. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Sharks...Sharks need lasers, what would they do with swords?

On a serious note though I'm going to be going Draken Stalker probably first, unless the unrevealed tank class is awesome.
  9. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Who? Exile.

Why?

[​IMG]
  10. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Why do I choose Exile? Because Dominion is to mainstream Humans ( Cassians), Robots (Mechari), Lizards (Draken) but in the Exiles everything is so random and unexpected that you actually enjoy playing the game 100%!
    Sarah Orlando likes this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Dominion mainstream and Exiles not?

Rock guys (Granok) Been done before
    Bunny people (Aurin) Been done too many times already, just go play Korean/JP MMO's.....
    Humans well this is the race that's been done the most in history :D
    <REDACTED> Well if they are zombies/undead kinda partially done many times already.

Mayby the only thing that is ''new and unexpected'' is their alliance together....but well that's it. Looking for Mainstream? Well Exiles all the way!!!

Looking for something new? Go pick Chua!
    Liris and Lumzk like this.
  12. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Ok mate do you want me to make you some coffee :D ?
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'd prefer some tea please, i'm already jumping up and down without any caffiene :rolleyes:

Oh and if you could make some sweats/cakes/pie for me i would love you for ever!
  14. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

What, no poll? :D

My main is going to be Dominion!

Why? I love the complexity of the Dominion and the fact that they have all the technology and funding for super cool, amazing things. :up: More importantly, they were the ones chosen, out of every other species in the galaxy, by the Eldan themselves to establish the empire and be the leaders of this intragalactic government. (And the Eldan, in all their exceptional technologically and magically advanced glory, are :inlove:) So, therefore, in my eyes, the Cassians are currently the most superior race, which is why I shall be playing one of these fine beings! The fact that psychic powers are also a part of this universe only further increases my love of WildStar (as telekinesis and extrasensory perception is my favorite superpower), and so I will be going with an Esper.

Outside of WildStar, alien life fascinates me (Ancient Aliens on History FTW), and so I find it only natural to be drawn to the Eldan, and by extension, the Dominion.
    ruff_ethereal, Liris and Extatica like this.
  15. fallenight

fallenight New Cupcake

im going exile main reason i dont like bullies browncoat forever
  16. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

My faction of choice will be Exile. I'm a sort of good guy type, even though many peoples point of view on good and bad are different, and so from my point of view I find the exiles to be my kind of people. I also like the lore of being a refugee, as it were, to a ruthless society that is basically a tyrannically ruled party.

That goes without saying that I find the Aurin cute, The Granok bad-ass, and the humans quite rambunctious. Live free, or die fighting for freedom.
  17. Noxit

Noxit New Cupcake

18. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Dominion all the way! I mean who doesn't want to be a part of a massive space empire?
  19. Prometheus

Prometheus Cupcake

What's all this good guy/bad guy stuff?
    We're the good guys, you're the bad guys.
    We brought order and peace to the galaxy.
    You're the ones who are pirating and trespassing on Nexus.
  20. Jersaun Korris

Jersaun Korris Cupcake-About-Town

Alright bolts for brains. You wanna start somethin' then you gonna get body work done by the end of my gun. Ain't no tyrannical robot with a shiny metal ass is gonna be keepin' us Exiles down!
    Catrike, ruff_ethereal and Eluldor like this.