1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

OK, this is totally cosmetic but it would be awesome if...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Evion, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

...If we could toggle between wearing goggles/visors on our foreheads and over our eyes.

I have yet to see a game that really accommodates this, aside from City of Heroes that had a specific costume piece for forehead-goggles. Having a single item that can be switched between the two modes would be amazing!

Also, could we have massive two-handed tech-hammers, pretty please?

What about you guys, anything totally cosmetic and superfluous you'd love to see in the game?
    Tiktak and ImmortalExile like this.
  2. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Tons I'd love to see, yes!
    I would love to be able to carry cosmetic items like a dagger sheathed at the small of my back. I like your idea about the goggles. Really neat.
    I'd like to see a lot more fluff in this title. As a role-player, I really want to be able to differentiate myself from the other players. Being able to costume over my gear would be phenomenal. The bad thing is, I also like to min-max, so the previous comment about cosmetic costuming would sell this game for me 200%.
  3. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

Yes. Totally with you about tech-hammers! lol.

Cosmetically? Forehead goggles too. Wierd gagets stuffed in pockets or hanging from my belt, things that kind of scream "Scientist!"
  4. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

goggles! yes that very steampunky .. monocle and top hat to complete the picture :p
    Tiktak likes this.
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Customisation for my Scientists Scanbot :) As much customisation, really, as they can reasonably squeeze into their development cycle :)
    Tiktak and Evion like this.
  6. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I want a way to easily tell what gear is the best at max level. This would be purely cosmetic with some sort of sweet looking armor. I don't want it to look like level 30 armor that I picked up off the ground...

Apart from that, I want awesome cloaks that flow behind me as I run.
  7. Tiktak

One think I -DON'T- want...is too look like a explosion in a paint factory. WoW was -terrible- for that in Vanilla and TBC. If we're getting loot and stuffs, I want it to all at least have a similar 'look' as I'm levelling through a zone.
  8. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

SWTOR had during beta an option that all gear color schemes matched your chest piece.
    I wouldn't mind combating the horrid paint colors on gear with maybe a dye system. I love dyes. You'll still get those people that look like a walking rainbow, but being able to have a primary and secondary color scheme on armor would be awesome.
    starspun, Evion and Tiktak like this.
  9. Tiktak

Armour dyes are a pretty popular idea. Chuck it into the crafting system as well for maximum awesomeness. (As in have players able to make armour dyes, not have only crafters able to change armour colours.)
  10. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

Back in my hot rod phase I loved "sleepers". I guess the same thing can be said of the way I like my Characters to look. I like the look of "rundown" but actually be top notch. I also know of people that would love to have a fresh pressed uniform to parade around in. A sliding scale of "newness" on armor would be pretty awesome so long as it doesn't effect the actual quality of the item. In DAoC my armor was dyed Rust with black highlights.
    starspun, Tiktak and Evion like this.
  11. Tiktak

Armour dyes for the win again. Or maybe another layer on top, call them 'themes'?

Dusty Road: Makes all your armour look dusty, like you've travelled through a desert.

Battle Scars: Makes your armour look scorched with bullet holds in and stuff.

Parade Ground: Freshly pressed uniform all shiny and new.
    starspun and JarNod like this.
  12. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I don't necessarily want my parade look, but I do want people to be able to tell the difference between the best armor in the game (and have it looking badass) from some level 30 piece that drops off a "trash mob".
  13. Tiktak

I personally don't care what I'm wearing as long as it looks good. But, if you -are- in that distinctive Uber Leet Raid Lute, wouldn't you want to make it look different from everyone else wearing the same gear? I would.
  14. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

I do agree in some ways there. When I was raiding in WoW, primarily during Wrath, I felt like not only did I look like every other raiding hunter out there, except maybe some mis-matched colors because of 25 vs 10 man color schemes, but as a hunter I really was not pleased with some of the armor designs. They did a great job to fix that problem with the transmogriphying ability, in my opinion. It allowed me to switch back to the sets of armor I *did* like and had coordinated. (A good half my bank is taken up by old armor that I like the "look" of.)

This sort of leads into another cosmetic thing I'd really really like that has bugged me in previous games - more helmet/head piece options that allow me to see my hair. I hate putting on a half-helmet and suddenly my character is bald underneath it! Considering every inch of my character's body and now her face and hair are covered, she has no distinguishing features to show! Sure I could hide the hat, but I worked hard to get it and it completes the look of the set! It's probably something that would be a pain to implement, but it's still something I'd love to see someday.
    starspun likes this.
  15. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

I can understand a desire to show off. However, if equipment were to level with the character and eventually be equal to the best looted armor I'd take the armor at character creation through end game. SWTOR tried to do this but didn't exactly succeed. I had a few sets of early armor but even fully equipped they could not be made as effective as end game equipment.
  16. Tiktak

In WoW Transmorg lets us have our cake, and eat several slices of it. Top End Epic Raid Gear, with the look of our favorite armour set. My Shaman is running around with the look of a lowbie level 45-50 'trash drop' green set because it looked awesome. When combined with her look I gave her on character creation.

But then, I hate the look of every Shaman Raiding and PvP set. :p
  17. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I will prolly be running around on WoW for the rest of the year on Gnomeregan, if my scroll of resurrection from a friend gets accepted :p Besides playing on Feeport/EQ2.

Farming a lower tier set gear to transmorg is one objective, the other is to test out the raid finder feature. As a prior 5 nights a week raider on EQ1 to 3 nights a week raider on WoW to 2 nights a week on Rift and real life also knocking me down from that scheduled option, getting on with "raid when I can" sounds awesome.