1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Onion's Wildstar Crafts

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Onion, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Onion

Onion Cupcake

Hello hello!

Some of you may of seen me on the WS-RP forums, but I reckoned I might as well drag my layered butt over here as well. And those of you who know of me, you'll know that I am a student of Industrial Design from chilly Finland and I am currently hankering to do whatever I possibly can from wood and or metal or materials inbetween.

Currently, however, I am focusing on a single product that I've advertised on WSRP and on Twitter alike: The Exile Badge.

[​IMG]
    The image is of the prototype that I created, with minor flaws that won't be in the proper product. The material used is a wood-plastic-composite that's super light, very durable, easy to work with and paintable. To the skin, it feels like wood, almost.

I am crafting these for people for cheap, due to wanting to learn the process thoroughly and to build a portfolio and nothing looks nicer than big sales of a product, 'ey?

Currently the price tag is at 10 USD per piece. I make these entirely by hand with chisels, files, saw and sand paper. The badge is approximately 10 cm in diameter, and perhaps 3 cm thick altogether and stands neatly on its own as seen in the picture. The 10 USD contains the shipping fee, and really I won't be making any income from it after the shipping and material costs, so I'm not doing this to get rich. I'm simply doing it for the love of the work and to help decorate your work desks with a bit of Wildstar fan service! I'll surely donate a part of the sales to a good cause, which I will figure out eventually. Suggestions are welcome!

I am offering an optional ( free ) black undercoat paint, but I won't be painting the entire thing. That would require a lot of time and resources from me! So you'll get it as it is, or with a free black undercoat. There's also an option to have it delivered whole, glued together, or in pieces, when it's your job to glue it up also.

If you're interested, make a purchase here: http://genoheist.com/crafts/index.html

I have none in stock, so depending how many orders there are, it might take me a while to get to yours. I will be making these in the order they are purchased in. If you have questions, you can reach me at holoacardia@gmail.com, or via skype ( tastyonionsoup ), or PM me here or WSRP.

Thank you for reading!

Also, yes, I will be making a Dominion badge also once I've created a working prototype. It's a bit more tricky in its design.

Stay tuned for future designs!
  2. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Hey there! I saw your work on Twitter; it's amazing! :eek: :up:

If I lived in the States and didn't have to pay so much for shipping, I'd totally buy one! I'm in Australia though, and the price of shipping it here would probably be crazy. :(

Man, having one of those sitting on my desk (as well as the Dominion one when you eventually make it) would be SO AWESOME, though! ^_______^
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Looks awesome!!!

Can't wait for your dominion sign.
  4. Onion

Onion Cupcake

Haha, yeah, Australia would be a bit more expensive but it's doable :V But, yeah, 35 USD... Owchie.

And looking at the parcel prices, I won't really be making ANY wins with the 10 dollar price when sending to USA but, hey, not doing it for the cash, yet. :D
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

I'm really tempted to order one from you Onion!
  6. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Incredible work, Onion!
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

If I could get both the Dominion and Exile badges for the one shipping price, I would entertain the possibilityy.... >__>

Is the 35USD inclusive of the price of the badge, or is that just the cost of shipping, alone? :confused:
  8. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

This is great!
    Hope you make a Dominion one. I might get it if the shipping price isn't that expensive
  9. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Very nice, I'm definitely up for ordering a Dominion badge. :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  10. Onion

Onion Cupcake

Definitely hearing the love for the Dominion badge so I'll definitely make a prototype next week if I have the time for that too :D Stay tuuned. Follow me on twitter for more active updates! ( @tastyonionsoup )
    InnocentCivilian and Kataryna like this.
  11. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Impressive.
    Most impressive.
    Obi-Wan has taught you well......... Erm, I mean, time to get out the wallet!
  12. Helvard's Edge

Helvard's Edge New Cupcake