1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Open Beta and Early Access

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Scarzi, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Well, in the case I felt I did not get my money's worth, I would contact the company and demand a refund. People did this with GW2, so I know there is a precedence.

Pre-orders are not going away. Bonuses to sell pre-orders are not going away. Early adapters are always at risk, whether buying a car or a MMO. If you feel the risk is not worth the reward, simply wait a year before buying. Probably good advice for any major purchase... but for me, $60 is worth spending to get a good name and free stuff in a MMO that I'm planning to play for hundreds or even thousands of hours.
    Livnthedream likes this.
  2. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Does it really matter? Those who are interested in pushing for world / server firsts will push with the early access, figure out the quickest path to max level and blow through the leveling content, so I am fairly certain they do not care. For those that enjoy following the race for world / server first kills early access has little effect on your enjoyment. Lastly, if you are claiming to want to push for world / server firsts while complaining about early access chances are you are properly not even a contender for that race.

In the end early access really over adds a temporary overwhelming advantage to those that push for one time records. Things will balance out in a month or two.
  3. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

The amount of entitled crying is pretty awesome. *tears fuel me*

Also if you really care so much about world first max lvl....this means you just rushed through the game...gratz!!!
  4. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

some of us can just experience things faster i guess ^^

But I wouldn't use ff14 as a good example of a preorder situation. First of all it's an entirely different company, so that's not really fair to carbine to say they won't keep all their "promises".
  5. Static Panda

Static Panda New Cupcake

ie: Having more time to play than the average player and likely to leave others behind as a result lol.

Personally the early access makes sense as it allows the starting zones (and the ones that follow) to suffer less from over-population until the player base spreads out some. I would rather deal with players who had a head start (I typically get in on early access if I can though) than having to struggle to complete a quest because the target mob is wiped out faster than I can get to it due to severe competition.

As for characters.. in my experience it is rarer (though arguably more common of late) that beta characters are not wiped before release, especially if there is early access. Closed beta characters are almost always wiped prior to an open beta.
  6. Vossler

Vossler Cupcake

I'm just going to say if there is an OPEN BETA, play that for the few weeks it's up.
    If you hate the game, MOVE ON!
    If you enjoy your time playing, PRE-ORDER the game and get early access.
    Welcome to the land of logical thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

I thought we were all assuming wildstar was gonna be the best thing ever and anyones whos anyone was gonna be playing it. Why else would people be getting so riled up? ><D
  8. Kumasan

Kumasan New Cupcake

Wouldn't worry so much about early access. The jobless basement trolls will be playing 24/7 to be the first to max level anyways so you'll never keep up. All early access does is spread out the wave of people battling over the startup quest areas which is a good thing.
  9. Travis.romig

Travis.romig New Cupcake

Early access is good because they give it to people who reorder so it helps the company know how many servers its going to need on the release.
  10. Rosehipsoup

Rosehipsoup New Cupcake

OB with no wipe for AAA subscription model MMO is very unlikely.

Pre-order with EA, whats the problem?
    EA is not really that excluding and if you plan to play this game already you may as well preorder and get EA. If you are like me with abit of a cashflow issue atm. Start saving a few bucks already and pre-order.
  11. Smexist

Smexist New Cupcake

I'd like to remind everyone about SWTOR from Bioware and EA...

EA didnt want ppl to recive their pre-ordered copy before release date and no Early access... that just added fuel to the fire

Personally i think 3-5 days early access is acceptable. it allows players to recive the game they preorder before release date and play the game and not fall behind.