1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Passing The Torch

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Mr.Mike, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Mr.Mike

Mr.Mike Original Founder

Hello everyone,

I'm writing to announce that from this moment I will be stepping down from all my duties here at WSC and passing the torch over to Zap-Robo. I feel the time is right to hang up my fansite boots for good, so I can focus on my personal life and get it back on track. Personally, I think there is no one more deserving than Zap-Robo to take over the reins, as he has shown the same passion and dedication I once showed when I first created WSC almost two years ago. I also feel very confident that Zap-Robo will help the continued success of WSC, and with time, take the site to a whole new level.

I just want to take the time now to thank each and every one of you for all the support and contributions you've made over the years, which has helped WSC remain WildStar Online's number one fansite. If it wasn't for our awesome community WSC would have never amounted to anything. So thank you again for everything!

Please help me welcome Zap-Robo as the new owner of WSC.

I wish you all the very best.

Your sincerely,
    Michael (Mr. Mike)
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Michael,

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd rather that you were remaining as the strong hand at the rudder - you've ran this site since it's inception and run it more than well! You took a secret project and fostered a community from it. If I and the rest of Team Mod only do half as good a job with WSC as you did then I'll be happy :)

You're going to be missed - by us the fans, by Carbine Studios and by the legions of WildStar fans who are yet to find us or the game. No going anywhere though Celsus - you better keep checking in on the community that you founded and keep us all on message.

Best wishes,

Zap-Robo (Andy)
    Dragor, Thee and starspun like this.
  3. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Zap summed it up pretty well, I think! You've done a fantastic job with WSC and I hope we'll be able to keep it up to your standards. It's a little sad to see you go, especially so soon after Carbine's secret project was finally announced (something I believe you've been waiting a long time for), but games (and fansites) obviously take a back seat to real life!

I'm also glad Zap is going to be your successor, I too think he is the obvious choice for this and am certain he'll do an excellent job with keeping WSC going.

Take care and good luck, Celsus - and congratulations, Zap-Robo!
  4. Thee

Thee Cupcake

Celsus, that's sad... I still remember when I was visiting the site every now and then before the game was announced admiring the dedication and patience you have shown through all this time. Sounds like you have great plans for your future, so I totally understand that you are making sure they come to fruition. Godspeed!

Also congratulations and best of luck to you, Zap... I am sure you'll continue doing the great work you've already done to the site. I am looking foward to see how things will develop in the weeks, months and years to come. Exciting, isn't it? :)
  5. RedLynk

RedLynk New Cupcake

Michael, it was a fun ride! I wish you the best of luck with your life goals and future endeavors; you are an inspiration to myself as I work towards my life goals as well. I'll see you around on Facebook, I suppose. :p

Zap, you're just the man for the job. Not much more I can say.

Take it easy,
    David (RedLynk)
  6. thtgynmdfsh

thtgynmdfsh New Cupcake

I've only been here for a short time, but I'll never forget how you greeted me so kindly to the site! I agree that Zap-Robo is a great choice for the job, and I wish you the best in your goals!
  7. Myrddin

Myrddin Cupcake

Aww, sad to see you go! I know life gives us opportunities and we need to grab them. Putting a bit of effort in your future is for sure not the worst move and I wish you best success. However I hope that you aren't gone for good and let us know how you are doing and are checking back from time to time to see how this site, a great project you have been dedicated to, is doing. I second that this site is in good hands with Zap-Robo and we won't let him down.
  8. souper

souper Founding Member

Sucks to see you go, man. :cry: I started following Carbine two years ago only because it was you that put up this fansite.

Either way, its a great community and I hope you'll still show up once in a while. Good luck with your career goals!
  9. Autumnal

Autumnal Cupcake-About-Town

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Ty, Celsus, for gathering us all together. If/when Zap ever turns WCS into a 1984 domain, I'll fight by your side, in the Resistance, to re-claim your throne! ;)
  10. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Congrats Zap, and hope all goes the way you want with your degree Celsus.
  11. dpi209

dpi209 WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Thank you Celsus for all the work you put into this fansite! All the best for your future, and I hope you'll still be around!

Ah, and hi Zap-Robo - good luck, have fun ;)
  12. Ripper McGee

Ripper McGee Founding Member

Thanks for all the hard work, Celsus, and good luck in pursuing your dream!
  13. Dragor

Dragor Cupcake

Sad to see you go, its just so great what you´ve done with this forum and you build an awesome community.
    You sure will be missed and I but probably everyone would like to see you in the forums every now and then^^

Zap is one of the best people I can think of continuing WSC and I will support him whenever I can.

So, the king is dead, long live the king!
  14. Valdana

Valdana New Cupcake

Good luck with your academic pursuits!