1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Paths and PvP

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Grug, May 24, 2013.

1. Grug

Grug New Cupcake

I'm very tired so I'll make this query quick.

I'm thinking about how each path will interact in open-world PvP, and I've concluded the following.
    Soldier: Interrupt each other's holdouts/use SWAT weapons on enemy faction.
    Explorer: Constant struggles and encounters to control the tunnel systems.
    Settler: Destroy the other faction's buildings/defend your own.

So what kind of Scientist PvP will there be? Maybe trying to be the first to capture specimens?
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Drone can protect you with a shield on a cooldown or give you some healing? Perhaps scan area for stealthed enemies.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

1. Open up that 3rd door, that leads to the same room but only those who follow a scientist can enter.
    So you can get some nice Scientist combat in those rooms/doors? (so kinda the same as the explorers have in those tunnel the Scientists can have it behind doors and in secret chambers.

2. Mayby hypnotise some neutral creatures to attack the next Exile that comes along ;)

3. Make some kind of drug you can give to a creature making it help you for a few minutes.

4. That little flying scanner robot, mayby it auto attacks other scanning robots? Getting some nice little robot combat :D

5. Interupt other scientist when they need to do a ''long periode'' scanning of some flowers? A flower that you can only scan once every 15 minutes. So you will try to kill him/her if it's from the other faction to get to it first?

I can come up with other possibilities, but i think you'll get the point now that there are plenty of things they can come up with :up:
  4. WildStone

WildStone Cupcake

For whom it may concern: All paths will have at least one DPS increasing ability and one utility ability. It's only a fair assumption ;)

Just dropping my 2 cents. :D
  5. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

I speculate that paths wont impact stats so drastically but, instead focus upon play style and how you enjoy the game. They may come up with a good alternative like they did with the racial benefits. Where items cost cheaper at elder game for races that the stat is more familiar with than others.
  6. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

It was stated in a recent interview (I forget which one) but choosing a path will not drastically change your combat proficiency. A large concern for the developers at the moment will do everything they can to balance eachs paths benefits so that you will not feel inclined to "re-roll" a class with a different path for it's benefits other than gameplay.

On that note, if we were to have these extra objectives as you mentioned, it'd be pretty cool to see something in a rock/paper/scissors style of gameplay.... Or, since we have 4, maybe a Fire/Water/Earth/Air type of advantage/disadvantage/neutral-x2 kind of thing... Y'know?

Settlers build something, soldiers can destroy them more easily and explorers have a harder time getting around them. Scientists and other settlers are neutral against it.
  7. Sawpaw

Sawpaw Cupcake-About-Town

No they wont, that's my assumption.
  8. Grug

Grug New Cupcake

I'm not talking about path benefits in combat. I'm talking about how enemy players will interact with your path gameplay. I suppose trying to control regions with scientist-significant spawns will be the way to go.
  9. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I am actually waiting for what the paths do in pvp to make my decision on which I should choose for my main.
  10. MoltenBear

MoltenBear New Cupcake

I don't think it likely that Paths will have a huge-impact on the way a player engages in PVP. Choosing a path is akin to choosing a play-style imo, and as such our quests and ability to assist other players is affected by the choice. Combat will probably be almost entirely class based.

I'm hoping however, that there will be highly contested areas in which fighting over structure placement will take place.