1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Paths for Endcontent PvE

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Shapy, May 28, 2013.

1. Shapy

Shapy Cupcake

Hey,
    im kinda curious about the paths and the endcontent. I will go for raiding but i think about if some paths are better for raiding than others.

Right now thats what i think:
    Soldier: as far as i know there will be some kind of special attacks which actually means more dps.
    Settler: Building stuff and supporting groups
    Scientist: If you can scan bosses and get +damage granted (which is implemented for "normal" enemies)
    Explorer: i cant see a good reason having a explorer in a raid. (maybe finding shortcuts or even bosses)

What are your thougths, actually i dont want to see paths having any affects on raiding at all. (some guilds might "force" you to pick the best paths for raids)
  2. Nezk

Nezk Cupcake

Settler provides raid buffs.

Gonna be hard to convince me being a soldier means u have rawer damage output in a raid environment, whould be terrible design if every raid guild had all soldiers

Scientist probably figures out the fight mechanics, and has them recorded faster

Explorer seems like they would just be able to navigate dungeons easier/find hidden things
  3. Blade

Blade Cupcake

Soldiers will activate special fights and such and will be needed to activate some huge bosses. So definitely important to end game raiding (there will be bosses you just can't fight without a Soldier).

One of the things they can build is a respawn point, which will be super in tough raids.

Give various bonuses or expose weaknesses. Also may be key in capturing raid bosses to take back to your Warplots.
    They also are needed to access a lot of places (like secret labs and story content).

Gets the group to places that would otherwise be unreachable (either up high or through caves).

To get the most out of the game you will need all four paths together.
    An Explorer will find a secret cave entrance. A Scientist will find a secret lab inside that cave. A Soldier will activate a big boss inside that lab. A Settler will be able to build resupply and respawn points.
    F8L Fool likes this.
  4. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

All of that sounds really cool actually, to have your path choice affect raids in a way that isn't one path just being best for a certain class. I still hope they manage to balance all the abilities the paths give so we don't end up with the same thing we had with racial skills in wow.
    If you don't mind me asking Blade what is your source for all of this? I don't recall seeing that info anywhere yet.
  5. Blade

Blade Cupcake

Videos and interviews mainly.
  6. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Seems like I'll have to do some more digging then :)