1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 Compilation Extravaganza! Updated: 03/04 02:41 GMT

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yakzan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I'm curious what makes this one the "main" healer as compared to the other healing classes
  2. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

3. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

The twitters and tweets and whatnots are such a foreign universe to me! D:
  4. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

It's funny, because I actually have an easier time following and keeping up with everything on Twitter, more so now since becoming a WildStar fan than ever. :)

The TweetDeck app on Chrome definitely helps a ton too, since I can see all Tweets with #WildStar in them. I also have a column for @Team_WildStar, @DestinyArkship, and #WSUplink. So, I can just look at one single screen and see multiple things at once. :cool: It's very helpful (and also nice, since I can use it on my phone easily too). ^_^
    Patrician and spencerBAXLEY like this.
  5. John

John "That" Cupcake

You can see in that latest video there is a /lfg channel in chat, really like that :)

Another bit I noticed...there is a timer on being able to rez at the place of your death, 30 mins. After you use it you have to rez at the crpyt until 30 mins is up.
  6. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Yes! I used TweetDeck for a while, but recently converted to HootSuite just to try it out. I like it mainly for the extra Facebook/Google+ integration. Social media eats my life away. :(
  7. John

John "That" Cupcake

InnocentCivilian and Yakzan like this.
  8. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm hoping that was phrased incorrectly...

Because if Spellslimger and Esper can not be "main" healers and only ONE class is the game is the "main" healer, no one will want a healing Spellslinger or healing Esper in their raid.

I'm sure the developers will clarify that at a later date, but here's hoping the other classes that can heal will be able to heal just as well as this "main healer" class ;)
  9. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I'm guessing it means that healing is the main (or even only) job of this class. Espers and spellslingers can deal damage. Perhaps this one has just different ways of healing? Or is a healer/tank, with the tank aspect revolving around self-healing (sorta like the cleric tank in Rift). Iunno.
  10. Soylentgreen

Agreed, stuff like this just brings back nightmares of the time when pallies in WoW were laughed at for trying to tank and people brought warriors and it was that simple. Having said this I'm sure that is not what they are aiming for.
    Patrician likes this.
  11. John

John "That" Cupcake

I was kind of hoping that they would have classes that specialize purely in one role, ala Priests in wow who had 2 separate healing trees.
  12. Soylentgreen

Haven't they already stated all classes will have DPS roles?, this would seem to rule out a pure healer or pure tank or healer/tank.
    Guide likes this.
  13. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

MIND. EQUALS. B L O W N. :eek::eek:

All this time I thought that since they didn't want players to have to wait for a specific class to do a dungeon that Spellslingers, Espers, and <Redactedclass> would all heal equally-well when specced into that role.

I also thought that if anything, the Esper would be the 'best' Healer since when Wildstar was first announced we had Warrior, Spellslinger, Esper (which I interpreted as Tank, DPS, Healer; since the only healing skills shown were from the Esper).

Suddenly, we have a MAIN HEALER class? @_____@

I've lost a ton of interest in playing a Spellslinger or Esper as my main. Whatever the <RedactedClass> is, if it is indeed the 'main healer', I WANTS IT! :D Oh man, now I'm even MORE impatient to find out what the remaining unrevealed classes are! :inlove:
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  14. John

John "That" Cupcake

Id be surprised if 'main healer' means its better than the other healing classes. My money is still on a pure healer class but we'll see :)
  15. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

I just watched the Pokket interview with Mike Donatello. I thought it was great. Some exciting stuff in there. I am not a pvp player but I loved how he described the Warpplots. But my favorite part of the interview. Was the double take about making raids for hardcore guilds. I loved that. :)
  16. InnocentCivilian

Oooooo, only a tinest glimpse of Milestones! Wish this fellow would scroll down more! Fortunately, I'm pretty sure Zap Robo's got us covered when he eventually unleashes his veritable TIDAL WAVE OF MEDIA and secret surveillance footage. :inlove:

Also, note that when this player moused over the '+Strength' attribute, it read: "Increases the effectiveness of abilities that rely on Strength".

I wonder if this does indeed mean that attributes that aren't your class' primary attributes no longer serve any real function.
  17. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

I'm pretty sure that they will be able to heal just like these unannounced classes. When I look at the Spellslinger and Esper I see two ranged DPS classes that can also heal if need be. You might not always get these two unannounced classes in a dungeon party and may need a Spellslinger or Esper to go heals. But at the same time maybe these main healers are first role Heals and then secondary tank or dps. In which case they are the ideal healer, but if we need more deeps one can change to dps.

Also with the stat allocation, maybe Esper and Spellslinger arent as good of healers as these unannounced classes. But with the proper stat allocation through leveling you can spec one to be just as good.

We'll just have to wait and see til we get more info, I just wanted to point out that he kind of slipped up and told us what one if not both of the unannounced classes are going to be :D
  18. Soylentgreen

Seems to me like GW2 Trait system but in reverse where they had traits lines that help a subset of your abilities and increased a set couple of stats as well, whereas here when we increase a set stat we'll have increases to a subset of our abilities and milestones (traits) that synergize with those abilities.
  19. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Yeah just as long as Espers and Spellslingers can be just as viable through stat allocation and gear choice, that would be perfectly fine. Even ideal, honestly. :)
  20. InnocentCivilian

Unfortunately, when it comes to raids, I think that people want 'Optimal', not 'Viable'. X( But as long as you're with Guildies who don't care, it should be good. :p

But yeah, we'll see what the devs say when they address this issue! @_@