1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 Compilation Extravaganza! Updated: 03/04 02:41 GMT

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yakzan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Well I meant more viable as in entirely capable of working just as successfully as this "main healer." I.E., just as viable.

If they do turn around and clarify that no class will be able to heal quite as well as the unannounced one, well, that's going to make some nasty waves in the community. ^^ I am curious to hear a breakdown of it all that is for sure. :D
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  2. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

Im actually ok with 2 classes being the best at tanking/melee, 2 being the best/optimal ranged dps and 2 being the best at healing. I just prefer a class that excells at one role rather than a class that is not the best at any but good at two or three. I can see how that would upset other people though who might be interested in a class because it has the ability to play another role than its primary but then it doesnt do that as good as another class who is meant to be that role.
  3. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

I wanted to point out another thing. This might have already had light shed on it, but here goes. Seems like all classes will have some kind of shield...that blue portion of the health bar. I see all the classes have it and its not the health which is green. Im assuming its some kind of power shield. I wonder if we will be able to increase the amount of damage that shield can take with a certain stat or if its just a set amount depending on your level.
  4. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

In Fryedegg's Wildstar Gameplay HD you actually see them mousing over an item on the character screen that has a shield amount, so it appears it's a replacable piece of gear you can upgrade to increase the damage it can take.
  5. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Well, I'm back home and it looks like I have a PILE of stuff to read and sort through - not least of which is this thread!
    Patrician, InnocentCivilian and John like this.
  6. John

John "That" Cupcake

7. gyves

gyves Cupcake

Did you guys see Widow Goldcastle at 31:18 of that video? Looks like an odd shambling undead doll. Possibly the fourth Exile race.
  8. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Might be why he was quick to exit the popup. But the video quality is too bad to make out details.
  9. Nightsong

Nightsong Cupcake-About-Town

I don't think so... all the developer walkthroughs from Carbine, they close all the popup windows that quickly.
  10. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Widow Goldcastle's been in Algoroc since as early as the 2012 PAX build (where I got this screenshot from), so I don't think that she's the fourth Exile race.

Probably she's just a blonde human in a greenish shirt, and her face is too blurry to make out. :p

Clip_6.jpg

I'm concerned about this as well! I personally don't mind a dedicated healer class (I tend to put mechanics ahead of class 'flavour' :p), but I would prefer that all healing-build-capable classes heal just as well as each other (I mean healing with GUNS, come on!).

But assuming it was an error on Mike Donatelli's part, what do you think he could have meant?
    If he meant "our healer [class]" instead of "our MAIN healer", then it sounds as if only ONE class can heal. The addition of the word 'main' seems very deliberate. And if he meant "A main healer class", then that makes little sense either because you only use the word 'main' if there are OTHER healers to compare to (and Warriors, Stalkers and <Redacted> presumably can't heal).

I'm very curious to see what they'll reveal because making Spellslingers and Espers not be able to heal quite as well as <RedactedClass> seems counter-intuitive to their plan of not needing to wait for a specific class to show up before doing a dungeon since multiple classes can fill multiple roles.

That said, there's always the possibility that even if <RedactedClass> heals better than the Spellslinger or Esper (making it the 'Optimal' choice), the Spellslinger and Esper will still heal well enough to do even the toughest raids, making them 'Viable' choices. Going only off what Mike Donatelli has said, this is how I suspect the system works at the moment.
  11. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Hello all,
    Wanted to ask two questions!
    1)Any news about when beta is starting?
    2)Why people find the idea of housing being instanced bad?I mean as long as you can leave everyone to enter or your guild mates or specific friends is nice.Because i am not a game designer i find hard the idea to have all the houses in the open world..If someone can explain i will appreciate it!
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Hi,
    1) not yet (atleast i haven't heard about an exact date yet)
    2) I agree on it being instanced, while alot don't agree. But i just can't see few hundred houses being put in the world without causing it to lagg when, shall we say, alot of those put new furniture down. They stated they already crashed the server when putting down 10.000 furniture (I think it was 10.000).
    I think for overall it's better to let it be instanced just for the rest of the world or even for the servers.
  13. FlamingRuby

I think housing is better to be instanced as long as others can join you easily or you can choose who can join you.(I think carbine confirmed both two).But even if it wasn't instanced who could say how houses have to be build?I mean 1000 players have to find a spot in the real world for the house.I am sure everyone will want the most sweet spots.Or how you can navigate and find the house of a friend or guild mate?Being instanced and able to teleport to someones else house is better.If you want to join a random player house you can have a list and choose!Simple...

But i am waiting for more ideas!
  14. John

John "That" Cupcake

15. FlamingRuby

I really like that everyone from Carbine says that We are company made by gamers!
    Hope they really and truly understand how hard is to say that and live the expectations.
    Thanks for the awesome video john

Edit:
    Btw Chad Moore confirmed that the game is going live this year?or i am mistaken?
  16. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

I thought those 5 slots at the bottom were your milestone slots, so you can choose up to 5 of your milestones to provide passive (that we've seen so far) boosts to your character (sort of an additional layer to your spec as it were).
    I reserve the right to be mistaken of course!

Nice spot on the circle /begins pondering.
  17. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Relevant quote about the pay model:
    "The pay model is another one of those things that's really important to us. We understand that the playing field out there is evolving and changing. And when we do talk about what our pay model is going to be, I think people are going to be very happy with what they hear. I think there's going to be something for just about everybody. And we're still developing that; we're still looking at what's happening out there on the marketplace. And when we solidify, I think people are gonna be happy."

And that's a LOT of 'Verys' that Chad Moore used when describing the date of the Closed Beta start! That must mean that it's not 'Soon' in Game Development time, but SOON in real-life time! :eek:

Also, at the start of the video, there was no one at one of the stations! I wanted to dive in through my monitor SO BAD! :cry:
  18. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Could mean they'll have multiple options for people to play the game - ie a sub for those who want, b2p style microtransactions for various stuff for others (DDO for example runs a sub model give all content access along with one time purchases of content/classes etc on a f2p model).
    I quite like that type of system as you can sub for high activity when it's worth doing so then 'drop down' to the f2p/b2p style if a sub is no longer worth it (or just play that way from the start if it suits you better). Then there's the option to resub if you want at any time.
  19. Deimos

Deimos Cupcake

I don't know why but I have trouble navigating around this forum it just seems very cluttered to me, anyway I visit gamebreaker a lot and came across this video of wildstar dev talk, it's probably already uploaded somewhere on the site, but just in case I thought I'd do it here.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wildstar-housing/

Just to say, it looks absolutely awesome.

Edit: Doesn't help when I typo the title >.<
  20. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

Not soon enough! D: *flails*