1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 Compilation Extravaganza! Updated: 03/04 02:41 GMT

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yakzan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

a question with regards to housing. In the dev speak vid from yesterday, they said "If pirates are raiding your neighbors plot, hop over and help kill them and receive some bounty." In the Protostar "Home" vid released last month...a few weeks ago? La, oh well time doesn't matter. They said you could plant a small, "defensive" ion cannon.

So here is the question, if you can interact with your neighbors will we be able to A: move our houses in the sky and create say guild/warparty neighbor hoods? Cities? B: if we can have cannons on our plots could we potentionally start a house battle? Or giant, snowball fight in the winter? C: and finally, could we expand our houses to become more behemoth mansions or for those of us who live in the cities, skyscrapers?

Hmmmm....I so need the beta to figure these out....bugger
  2. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

What is there to be concerned about? Are you really that worried about numbers? Personally I could give a <REDACTED> about numbers. They are still a ways off from release (if its still scheduled for late this year) so there is plenty of time for them to grab number which I doubt they will have a problem doing. They have quality developers and they are showing us they have quality content. Like someone else stated TES series has a long history in games and books and so has a bigger fanbase due to this. I guarantee Wildstar's numbers will grow significantly after this weekend.

A small fan/player base is nothing to be concerned about. I actually prefer smaller player bases, they tend to have less trolls and more people who actually love the game for what it is and want whats best for it.

Quality over quantity my friend, quality over quantity.
    ruff_ethereal and Alverad like this.
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Yeah, I found that to be surprisingly bad. XD I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though, being that they're at PAX, and there's a lot going on around them, so maybe their heads weren't really in it. But still... :laugh:

Thanks for these links! :) The initial post here has been updated.
    Turtlesrun likes this.
  4. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

I don't think neighborhoods/cities will be possible. From what it looks like it seems it may be to some degree instanced. As they said, you can make your house/lot private or public or just let certain friends come see your housing area and plugs. So i don't think you are going to be able to see everyone's houses just by going outside or strolling down the city street.

This is all speculation granted, I don't know anymore than you do.

I do wonder though, are Warplots going to be something that all the guildies will have like a room in since they are essentially guild houses. Will Warplots be strictly a fortress that is meant to be used in Warplot PVP scenarios. That we specifically build up and customize for battle and nothing really for recreation.

Or would they allow guilds to grab a large portion of land creating a so called neighborhood if you are in that guild to where you can see everyone elses house. That wouldnt be too stressful on the server because...well i guess depending on the size of the guild it could be hundreds of houses.
  5. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

Yeah if you notice at 1:25 he dies due to the mobs. So that is definitely the ghost/death gameplay you are seeing.

Judging by what the box was saying, you have 5sec then you can choose if you want to revive right there (for a small penalty of some kind, Im guessing currency) or you can revive at the closest hub.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Second post had them aswell :p
  7. John

John "That" Cupcake

That was my thought too. I kind of like how he actually died just from a normal mob pull. Granted he probably was not that good due to being new, but at least the questing doesn't seem faceroll.
    Joukehainen likes this.
  8. SirRobin

SirRobin Cupcake-About-Town

Still hoping someone can upload the whole panel. :)
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Trying if I can find it.......but it's nowhere to be found :cry:
  10. SirRobin

Personally? I actually prefer this arrangement. Keep things tight, and more manageable, until the Open Beta demo.
  11. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

Fate Flyer likes this.
  12. Turtlesrun

Turtlesrun New Cupcake

loving watching fail players so much fun
  13. SirRobin

Well, worst case scenario, I would lay good odds that Carbine recorded it themselves and will probably have it up on their site at some point.
  14. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

Oh god, the guy in that ghost/dead animation video standing in the aoe and wondering why he's dying... I really hope Carbine doesn't make those telegraph warnings even longer bc of people like that. :B
  15. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

i hope not because that guy was ... I can't even find the words to put it in a nice way lol
    Yakzan, ruff_ethereal and Joukehainen like this.
  16. John

John "That" Cupcake

Yakzan and Kataryna like this.
  17. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

18. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

They stated in a video at last years PAX, about 6 months ago. Which you can find on youtube. In the early levels the telegraphs will be very basic and on the ground longer allowing those players not familiar with this kind of combat time to learn. As you level up, the telegraphs will be alot faster and you will see a more variety of them.

So the telegraph system basically scales with level, dmg is low and they are very basic in the early levels, getting more advanced the higher level you are.
  19. John

John "That" Cupcake

Gaffney says closed beta will probably be next month in that video.
  20. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Yakzan likes this.