1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 Compilation Extravaganza! Updated: 03/04 02:41 GMT

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Yakzan, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

Wanted to point something out at around the 21:48 mark. You cant see where his mouse is but hes hovering over something that says

Housing - square foundation small one
    Rank - Minion
    Disposition Neutral
    Level 1
    XP Award None

...I wonder if this is any indication to the foundation sizes you'll be able to acquire once reaching a certain rep with a faction (maybe protstar) or upon reaching a certain level. The foundation size could either be related to the actual house or an item you are about to place down, is it just telling you the item you are about to place down is square sized foundation and the over size is small. So you can kind of know how much space its going to take up.

def interesting though.
  2. John

John "That" Cupcake

It sounds like the housing is in some way visible to others, he mentions they didn't want exteriors to get so crazy that it effects others.
  3. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

yeah in the DevSpeak video they talk about how you can make your house public or private. Even going into such detail as only allowing certain friends to come over and see it, maybe allowing just your guild or public would be anyone who wants to.
  4. John

John "That" Cupcake

That is awesome...I wonder if houses are out in the open world or if there is a separate instance just for housing.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Watch the Press demo video for answer to when the Beta might start, or read some posts above this one :D
  6. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

From what he said in the video, its instanced. A guy in the audience asked if all those other houses floating in the distance were actually player houses or just static houses. The dev said that thoes houses off the distance arent actually other players houses. So you wont see their houses change due to players changing theirs or your friends. They are just static houses to make you feel like your not alone and that their are other houses out there lol.
  7. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

Did anyone notice the question at 36:32..."is there going to be open world PVP?" which the answer to that is "no, not right now" something along the lines of they plan to still allow you to level through PVP as in battlegrounds and they are planning on making servers that are PVP enabled that will allow for open world PVP.

I really hope they have servers like WoW, PVE which is no cross faction open world killing and then PVP where you can attack the other faction in contested zones. I just found it weird that he said No to that question. I guess I was under the assumption that they wanted to have open world PVP and that it was already implemented into the game. They may just be focusing on other aspects of the game right now.
  8. Glacius

Glacius Cupcake-About-Town

I'm thinking they might just have contested zones and you are always pvp enabled on a pvp server in those areas. It does seem weird to say no when that's basically world pvp
  9. Airia

Airia New Cupcake

They have also said recently, in the AMA I believe, that you could travel to the opposite factions capital cities to start fights, so that would be one form of open world PvP at least. It sounds like they intend to shy away from the "PvP while questing / exploring.." thing.
  10. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

yeah thats honestly not a turn off for me. Not having to constantly be on the lookout for the opposite faction in a contested zone isnt something im going to miss. They really did put out alot of info in that video especially in those last 15 minutes.

I really like the whole, there are dozens of things you can put down that take you underground to bosses, some solo-able some that will require a 5man party to kill. Which is very freaking cool. Another thing was the hedges and stuff you can put down that can give you things on chance.

Like the wishing well he talked about, place it on your lot and it has a chance of spitting a purple or blue item out every 24 hours. Its things like that, which make different aspects of this game so awesome. What normal players like us and obviously the devs are finding as fun to do, they just go ahead and implement it into the game.

You can definitely tell that the Carbine team has a ton of experience and knows what an MMO player wants in an MMO whether it be flavorful questing, fun and dynamic events or something as simple as housing which you can spend hours customizing and decorating and at the end of all that time say it was a blast to do.
    ruff_ethereal and Feliun like this.
  11. John

John "That" Cupcake

My understanding of it was that they don't have specific pvp zones (like Wintergrasp), but if you are on a pvp server you can still pvp in the open world.
  12. Rush

Rush Cupcake

Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man

I suggest everyone watch the press demo video. There is an AMA during the last 15 minutes or so, and they answer a lot of questions.
  13. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

In the Wildstar press demo video (23min in), Jeremy says while talking about housing that some of the housing items will probably be micro transactions in the future. So raises the question again of the subscription model, I'm now thinking this might be B2P - although I would love it to be sub also so you can choose.
  14. Rush

Rush Cupcake

I think you might be confusing f2p and b2p. f2p implies we don't even have to buy the game to play it, which I doubt they will do. The game devs have been hinting at b2p, which is where you buy the game and then you can play it without paying a sub.
  15. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

Sorry yes I had written that wrong I was meant to say B2P. However this still relies on micro transactions like GW, I prefer the option of a sub also where I can have everything without having to use micro transactions. Much like SWTOR now is, it's either Subscription or B2P
  16. Rush

Rush Cupcake

That is where SWTOR lost me, the options they give B2P people are really steep if you don't get them all. The price of everything is about the price the game was at launch, so it just seems better to make SWTOR B2P with optional sub.
  17. Feliun

Feliun Cupcake

agreed. Would be cool if Wildstar was B2P with optional sub.
  18. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Man just watching that press video with them showing off housing in a free-form kind of way... I'm speechless yet again. This is just so epic, I can't wait to figure out how to break the system and create crazy things!

Also those other zones and that entire philosophy of putting hard things in the game experienced players can take advantage of but newbies don't necessarily NEED is just SO stellar.
  19. Joukehainen

Joukehainen Well-Known Cupcake

Tbh I think they're going on about housing a bit too much during that presentation... it makes up like 2/3rds of the pres time! I'd be concerned that people are going to be dismissive and go "lololol the sims design my house housewives offensive comment offensive comment."
  20. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah I keep seeing all these popular youtubers talking about PAX, and not a one seems to have mentioned Wildstar...