1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 WSC Community Questions

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

As your erstwhile administrator sits here compiling questions for Carbine Studios developers to hopefully answer here at PAX East, it strikes me that a lot of those questions are somewhat out of date!

So, here's your chance to pose some new ones - specifically for the event!

Ask away, and I'll attempt to either find the answer(s) in the demo, panel or by interrog- I mean gently probing our caring development team!

Have at it, fellow Nexans!
    ruff_ethereal and Kurik like this.
  2. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Any rough number of how many small-group dungeons they'll include in the game at launch?

And I can't recall if they've said what their standard group size is, is it 5?

And most importantly:
    So what are the courtship rituals of the Draken? ;)
    clack and ruff_ethereal like this.
  3. Gray

Gray Podcaster

This will be one of the only times I ever hint at putting on a Mod hat but please keep these questions on point and specific to something you're interested about in the game. We don't want to flood poor Zap prior to him coming up with a list for the show. So use your best judgement and a touch of the golden rule on this one. Ask something you wouldn't mind being asked if you were a developer. These are humans just like we all are after all and this is an event that is super important to all of them.

Right then...onto my question. Can I haz beta invite?
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  4. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Will people with low system specs get into beta? Like if they have 3GHz Core 2 Duo and 8800 GTS 512?
  5. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Thanks for asking, Zap-Robo! :) And oh, please let Carbine be able to answer something about this...!
    My question isn't so much about the gameplay, but rather the lore...

I'd love it if you could ask them about the moons that orbit Nexus and to see if you can get any information on them. Both the purple and yellow moons appear quite unique and as if they aren't natural. I'm not sure how you want to phrase it, but perhaps, "What's the story on the moons of Nexus? Are they artificial, and do they serve a specific purpose?"
    Dyraele and ruff_ethereal like this.
  6. Yermoh

Yermoh Cupcake

Are we going to ride our own bikes and/or any other kind of vehicles? Or customize them? paint them at least?
  7. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

So many questions..

Has the development team decided on a max level for the game?

Is there an idea as to how many eager Wildstar fans will be needed in the beta?

The player housing looks very appealing. Is there any information that you can share about possibilities for guild housing?
  8. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

1. Will there be a lock out system for raids and dungeons?
    2. Will dungeons have leader boards?
    3. We know that currently the limited skill set is set to 10, what as a percentage is that of the total number of abilities for each class?
    4. Are some abilities path specific and if so what would be a percentage of the total number?
    5. How much of an effect will itemization have on each role?
    6. How long will it take to switch roles?
    7. Will temporary buffs from consumables be a part of the game?
  9. AltF4

AltF4 New Cupcake

What kind of overlap can we expect between the main aspects of the game? For instance, will your Path grant you access to unique elements to decorate your home (battle trophies for soldiers, unique pets for scientists, senic artwork for explorers, etc) or to defend your Warplot?
    ruff_ethereal and Evion like this.
  10. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I'll leave only one question: Will there be any group content for fewer than 5 people (Akin to LotRO's 3 man dungeons) or large group content besides raids?
  11. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Thanks, Zap! :)

1. Any hints on guild features or perks? :p
    2. Will there be cross-faction communication of any kind?
    3. On PvP servers are we flagged for open PvP at all times or are there certain safe zones?
    4. On PvE servers is there a manual flagging system for open PvP? If not how will it work?
    5. For Warplots, can a Warparty challenge or setup a match against another specific Warparty?
  12. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

Great questions Kurik
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

So many questions to be asked.....but I'de like to know a bit more about talents and warplots.

1. Mayby they can tell you something about how they will be doing a talent system of mayby they have their own plan on this one?

2. As for a pure PvP question: How can a war-party get their hands on a Warplot? In-game currency? min. member amount?
    clack likes this.
  14. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Not a question per se, but for attendees, could one of the WSC attendees please take a video just hovering the cursor over every skill? (and over locked skills in a skill tree if it exists? :p) You don't have to hover for long; we can pause in youtube or whatever. :p

I'm just really really into stats and stuff! Thaankss! ^_______^
    Wreck, ruff_ethereal and Fate Flyer like this.
  15. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

1. Any word on a transmog-like feature for gear?, Will it be cash shop dependent if there is?
    2. Will there be any cross-class skills?
    3. Any plans to have special quests to unlock some of our class skills like the old class quests in WoW?
    4. Will opposing faction zones have any content for the other faction other than PvP?
    5. Will dye unlocks be character bound or account bound?
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

we know the answer to this one already from the AMAA, Yes. at least, you can go attack the cities, and I'm guessing since the world is open and each zone is not instanced that we can go to all the zones in the world.
  17. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

You're right I forgot about that one I'll edit or delete that question
  18. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

Will Crafting enable players to create items for housing? A scientist could create a pretty awesome lava lamp from amoebae that glow in the dark, etc.
    What about Gathering? will it be a specific skill or will it be an open format like Guild Wars 2?
    ruff_ethereal and clack like this.
  19. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

Is there an eta on when the community will receive more information about the Addon creation documentation discussed last year?
    <snippet from Jon Wiesman>
    Obviously, not every player will have the desire to develop Addons, but if you can program at all, I promise you'll be able to make an Addon for our game. Our commitment is to make sure the process is documented, clear, and accessible. Promise.
    </snippet>
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/wildstar_wednesday_yes_well_have_ui_addons.php

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/slap-a-rocket-on-a-pig-wildstars-modding-and-pgc-community/
    clack likes this.
  20. BadLlama

BadLlama New Cupcake

Will there be a distinct character stat for pvp I.E. some type of "Resilience" or are you going to try and make all the gear in the game suitable for all aspects of gameplay?

Also will there be any way to have access to more skill's then the 7 you equip via any type of "Weapon Switching" sort of mechanic?