1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East 2013 WSC Community Questions

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Zap-Robo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Duckdee

Duckdee Cupcake-About-Town

Is tab-targeting still a viable way to play?
    Will there be a follow target function, and will it work in PvP?
    Will there be much, if any, platforming inside dungeons?
  2. clack

clack New Cupcake

Talents!?

How customizable are talents going to be? Will they allow for freedom in creating hybrid builds and/or cherrypicking? Will we be locked into a certain tree?
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Did I miss something here? Since when are there only 7 skills? Last time I checked it was somewhere between 10-12 skills on the action bar but even more in your ''spellbook'' ''skill-book'' or whatever it's called in WS.

Also: Weapon switching, you do know each class has only 1 kind of weapon type?

Also it is not like GW2 if you mean it with your comment, don't really understand what your trying to say. You say 7 skills, weapon switching mechanic etc... all things I haven't seen in WS, or I just missed out alot which can happen :D
  4. Farstepper

Farstepper New Cupcake

Wildstar looks amazing. It also looks like it'd be a blast to play with a gamepad.

Are there plans to support gamepads without the need for a third-party program?
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  5. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Seeing as how they will be showing the character creator, I don't really have any solid questions. Just really curious how extensive it is.
  6. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Will Wildstar have another CGI made before launch that will include dominion characters?
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

They've said that all their videos are made with their game engine :-D just small fyi
  8. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

So the video when they land on nexus in the spaceship, and have their battle with the spider robots and the big plant dragon thingy was with the game engine? That is pretty impressive.
  9. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Lol, I asked them at arkship about another trailer and they said they don't know yet. I'm pretty sure Blur made that trailer.
    Kurik likes this.
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Yeah, Blur did make that trailer.
  11. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Hrm gotta think up some random good ones...

Does any other class besides Stalker have any kind of stealth (temporary or longer) mechanic?

The new 'What is WildStar' video showed a house perhaps not floating? Do we get to choose if we want a floating plot or not?

Do characters emote a talking animation when you type text?

Do WarPlot battles happen in random, varying terrain or are they always in the same type of location and just the buildings for each side change?

Can you hang out in Warplots with your guild/Warparty during downtime? Can you invite random friends in to see and inspect your WarPlot, even if they have a Warparty and plot of their own? Basically... Can you hold bit**en keggers there?
  12. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

We had a forum topic opened on our guild's website and listed some questions.
    1. What can you tell us about crafting?
    2. Which payment model will you choose? B2P, P2P, or F2P.
    3. Will there be enough items variations in elder game so that I don't look exactly like every medium armor wearing character in the game?
    4. Will my friends or guild-mates be able to visit my house?
    5. Will there be secondary stats? Like critical chance or attack speed.
    6. What are the armor slots currently available?
    7. What kind of system will you use for acquiring the best of current-tier gear?
  13. Zigzak

Zigzak New Cupcake

All the people who have signed up for beta, will they get an invite to the beta, or is it just a certain percent who will get invited?
  14. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

It's Random
  15. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

OK question. I saw this on the list in an email however I cannot find it now. What channel/time is Wildstar on. Because now when i look back thru the entire thing i see it no where...

I'm pretty sure i saw 3pm EST Friday and that's great but i have no idea what channel its on and if that is not still the case... well ya then i don't know now

---------------------------------

ok i found its going to be in the Pheonix theater at 3 but i do not see anywhere that twitch will be showing this.. If any of you know please let me know because its literally the only reason i would bother watching pax
  16. Nym

Nym Cupcake-About-Town

Anyone going to start up a thread that's actually at PAX for all us poor souls who couldn't make it. Give us all the juicy details?

[edit] derp i found the thread
    Wreck likes this.