1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX EAST 2014: WildStar: $#!& Just Got Real

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Inukeu, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

So heres a link for any that missed the show the whole thing is amazing
    Warplot Dev speak is at 49.25 for those that just want to watch it again and again :inlove:

http://www.twitch.tv/pax/c/4048491

no doubt this will be locked when the offical post is made in the news but feel free to discuss things untill then and I need to vent the epicness I just witnessed and couldnt find any other threads
  2. Inukeu

where to begin!

erm.. I think first off the pink! and augments can get your lvl 50 weapon of mighty smiting into expacs in the future I though that was a really good idea and somthing I have never heard of before and tackles some of the issues when a exspac is launched and shows amazing potential in the future

that Warplot Dev speak! so good kudo's to there animation team i would say its on par or would even give the blizzard cinematics team a run for there money hell I would even say its on par with the likes of Hollywoods Pixar studio's etc, I cant wait to have my own army of tanks and killer robots and all the things with a guild group

ya kno im sure someone will do a propper breakdown of the panel and all the news so im gunna try and take some deep breaths and step away from the hype
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

None of the information was new if you follow other sources. All of the "pink" information has been floating around Reddit for like a month, and even the breaking of the EG cap was announced in a post on Friday.

I am actually not enthusiastic about being able to use the same weapon for effectively ever. I much prefer getting new gear after a time, especially if its something that sends me on yet another long chase through content. Now if only they would replace achievements with Imbuements instead I would be much happier. :)
  4. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

i kinda think it would be cool to have the option to upgrade gear, but I would think it would be much harder, and also like software these days, you couldnt skip a version, or if you did you would have to "pay" for the previous upgrade. This way if you are truly determined you can keep an/some items current, but it would generally be way easier to use an upgade drop. Like if you had to essentially use 2-3 drops to upgrade your weapon? ... something like that.

is it just weapons or armor too?
  5. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

One thing that sounded interesting was the mention of unlocking one of the imbuements on the artifact gear by killing 2 40 man bosses at the same time. Sounds interesting, and the mention of needing 80 people to complete that.

Raid bosses they showed off seemed cool, the warplot video was cool. The mention of story quests being soloed, so everyone will be able to see the main plot of story. Everything they mentioned just seemed awesome to me. And after following this game for over a year and a half it just seems like this game is going to deliver on a lot of different levels at least to my play style.
  6. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

The new Powerstrike animation for the warrior was BRAND new and that Warplot flick was Carbine just once again killing it. :)
  7. Inukeu

yea that 2 raid bosses at the same time seems interesting wonder how they will do it split the 40 man into two 20 mans and take a boss each in a seperate area at the same time or just dump two raid bosses on the 40 man group and say "deal with it"

making a raid group for imbuments is gunna be a fun thing, theres no doubt in my mind it will be the more dedicated/organised raid guilds that have the full imbument pink swords the 1% of the 1% hah
  8. Inukeu

yea that looked preety amazing looked like a mid air combo to me more like the some of the medic's animation and people been saying they didnt like the old one for a while now mostly the sound so hopefully thats changed aswell but its yet another example of "The Dev's are Listening" :up:
  9. Rage Inducing Hamster

Rage Inducing Hamster New Cupcake

Well then simply don't use that old artifact when new big raids come out :p Retire it was bragging rights, it's not like it's forcing you to use it after all.
  10. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Isn't necessarily a viable option. We shall have to see how itemization goes.
  11. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

Continue to use and upgrade the old one and use the new one as a costume piece instead :p
  12. Fengor

Fengor New Cupcake

Oh wow, I loved the way the raid content is looking. Makes me really stoked to dive right into it.
  13. Alianin

Alianin New Cupcake

14. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

I have been watching the Twitch Warplot interview, showing the building of a Warplot.

The Warplot is basically Dungeon Keeper, raid party edition. Very, very cool.
  15. Inukeu

16. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins Cupcake

Yes. That is the video, Inukeu.

And the selection of "plugs" for the Warplot base is incredible. And this is all done long before the Warplot fights.
  17. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Datascape looks insane aesthetically, and I thought Genetic Archives was crazy looking

Also, look at the telegraphs on that Elemental boss. Something out of a bullet hell game....
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  18. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

Warplots still interest me, but I'm extremely concerned that they will just be zerg-fests and spell effects everywhere. People are already saying BGs are zerg-oriented this strikes me as a larger version of that.

I've also noticed that Carbine has yet to show any actual 40 v 40 footage, the most I've seen in any video is like a 10v10 maybe.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  19. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Zerging is a concern I agree. But they've mentioned "choke points" during dev speak, I assume this means that you can use slots like barb wires and all to block access, which serves as an anti-zerg. We have to wait until it's actually out to see how zergy it is though.
  20. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

1. What does it matter what "people" are saying...."people" also say things like "the end is near!"

2. Some feedback from actual guilds who have been testing the warplots, say that some plugs and items were not working and some worked but needed balance adjustments. They also indicated that there were a mixture of guild members and random strangers in the groups, all of this together means they were not going through the "planning phase" that's done before you queue for a match.

3. Pugs tend to zerg, organized groups plan strategies and normally wipe the floor against zergs.