1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX East Impressions/Dev-answered questions

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gempulse, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

The telegraph basically moves based on where you are facing. So if you have an enemy targeted and you can move while performing the skill, you can circle around the enemy and the telegraph will remain pointed at the enemy. So if you are using an AoE skill, you can move around and try to catch other enemies in the line of attack.
  2. Rush

Rush Cupcake

Alright, cool. I was worried that it would just automatically be placed on top of an enemy without any chance of moving it.
  3. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Yeah, I'll just heave to play it. Something isn't clicking in y'alls descriltion. Thanks though.

It sounds like you're saying that all are attacks are telegraphs but we can't place them. I've been thinking the televraphs were special moves handle like an AoE spell. Hence my confusion.
  4. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Keep in mind that I am speaking from a Spellslinger perspective, and not all skills were available, naturally. You'll definitely see something like that from the magic classes, but we did not have access to them.

Spellslinger skills are more "emission-based", while some Esper skills are "conjure-based". So you'll see Esper skills that form at the enemy location or whatever location you please free-form-wise.
  5. Yermoh

Yermoh Cupcake

Flying mounts at level 50? Σ(-`Д´-ノ;)ノ NOOOOOO!! gamebreaker!
    id'love to explore the world... but not FLYing! it feels cheap, i mean... everyone will be able to reach high spots like the explorers!

There you go "Unique path content", i'll hide in the caves. ( -`д´-)9
    Yakzan likes this.
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

there's a whole thread about flying mounts over here. most people seem to be of the opinion that since the world is being made with flying mounts in mind, instead of an after thought like WoW was, it'll be much better than what WoW had.
  7. Yermoh

Yermoh Cupcake

i didnt noticed that post, my bad!
    Almost everything has been said in there, im kinda late for this topic x_o
  8. Rex Smashington

Rex Smashington Cupcake

Flying mounts? Ewwwwwwww. Why not add them in the first Xpac. At least let me enjoy world PvP in vanilla like I did on WoW. =(
  9. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

Flying mounts will be unlocked at level cap. I am assuming that is when you might actually need them? So you'll have your ganks. If someone is at cap, odds are they aren't doing many quests as they do not need to level. So it wouldn't matter anyway!
  10. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

I really hope they stay true with the making this game for hardcore players. I loved raiding in WoW during TBC, went 4/6 in sunwell. That was some of the most fun I ever had gaming. After that though it was all downhill and everything catered to the causal player.

By the time this game is released I'll have a lot more free time and I hope to get into the hardcore gaming again.
    Alphamonkee likes this.
  11. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

We've come to inhabit a planet, would be weird if we forgot how to fly the moment we landed!!
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

If you look at the What is Wildstar:Raids post they state the following:
    So I think they will do what you want in this case, even if it is just in the beginning.
  13. Dusntmatter

Dusntmatter New Cupcake

How are jumping puzzle supposed to work when there are flying mounts?
    Mudfin likes this.
  14. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

I hope they do to, but I also hope the hardcore players don't <REDACTED> and moan when they do add content for those playing that aren't hardcore. They will make some great hard core content, but they've already said they will be making content for various styles too.

I have been wondering about that too, just never asked!
  15. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

There's any number of ways to do flying mounts right. There were no issues in TBC or Wrath, when it was at or near level cap (and there was extensive content you needed a flyer just to access). Cata broke things, with flying at 60 and cold-weather flying at 70.

On top of that, you can make jumping puzzles instanced, indoors, or simply in no-fly zones. Remember that Dalaran was a no-fly zone, and faction bases on Outland had guards which could simply Stormhammer you off your mount at 5000 ft.

Having to plow the road through packs of mobs the first time through is epic. The 50th time when you're just on a mining run, it's ridiculous.
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  16. Maldwyn

Maldwyn Cupcake

Sorry for being a bit late to this thread, but it didn't look like anyone answered your second question (unless I missed it). L/R mouse buttons DO move you forward. Also, if I remember correctly dodge was mapped to CTRL as well as double tap, so while we couldn't change mappings at Pax it appeared likely we will be able to map dodge eventually.
  17. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Champion. I can now get my muscle memory trained.
  18. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

The same any other no fly zone :) Like Wintergrasp for example. You fly into the physical boundaries of an area and bam, down you go. Hoping for no parachutes this time ;) Shame housing is instanced, else I'd be tempted to get a plot on an edge of an area like that, and watch those lovelies faaaaaaall!:D
  19. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, that would of been painful running around Nagrand on the ground looking for mining nodes and harvesting those air mote thingies.
  20. Kirathis

Kirathis Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you for the information Gempulse. It was a great read.