1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

PAX11 experience with Wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Keebler, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Keebler

Keebler New Cupcake

This year I attended PAX11. One of my goals was to try and play this new game from Carbine and NCSOFT and see what all the GC hubbub was all about. Imagine my surprise when the game experience was not only great, but also lived up to the hype surrounding it.

My first play through of the PAX demo I chose the Human Spellslinger. I am a big fan of the "space cowboy/scoundrel with a heart of gold" type. Characters like Vash the Stampede, Spike Spiegel, Malcolm Reynolds, and Han Solos really appeal to me so it was a real treat to play the Spellslinger.

I chose the Soldier path for my first play through. I won't bore you with the details I am sure you already know about the demo (crashed landed on Nexus, revived, etc etc). What I noticed right away was how fluid movement was. I was able to dodge and jump (double jump!) and during combat it was important that I do so. Auto attack does exist, but with all the abilities you acquire during the first couple of levels it wasn't ever necessary. As a matter of fact I found myself coming up with specific combos of abilities that not only did some great damage, they were fun to perform and visually exciting.

The Spellslinger is all about movement. I was able to dodge, teleport, and knockdown my targets. It was a rare encounter when the enemy closed on me. I was able to evade my targets during combat long enough to fill them full of holes and move onto the next one.

Tasks and Quests were very seamless and I only ever needed to return to a quest giver once (when I completely the story arc usually).

In game cinematics really brought the story lines to life and really fleshed out struggle between the Exiles and Dominion.

In final the game is a really fresh and unique take on the genre. Movement and combat were very active and the paths system seems to be a great direction for the game. I hope we get to see more soon because I know that I am dying for more!
    Ekhael, Brotoi, Autumnal and 3 others like this.
  2. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

This is great to hear that architecture seems to be fun and fluid. I am glad you got to play it. Thanks for the information.
  3. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome. Glad you played, and really glad you enjoyed it! Now comes the hardest part- Waiting for MOAR INFO!!!