1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Picking new paths? Will this be Integrated?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Anoesis, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Anoesis

Anoesis New Cupcake

Hey guys, as we already know if you are grouped up with another player and they have a different chosen path from your own you gain a small reward for helping them overcome their obstacles and vice-versa but lets just say i pick a path and i overcome all there is to cover in this path (not saying this is possible as they will probably add continuous content for us to complete and of course we don't know how much of this content there currently is, just lots) but will there be a choice to pick a new path should you feel like you want to change it up a bit? Or will you have to create a new character to do this?

Now obviously as a path, its something that you begin the game with (sort of a pre destined choice)
    which is an important choice to make if you are to follow through with but sometimes it takes a while before something clicks and you say to yourself "this isn't what i wanted to be doing?!"

Now the idea of a NPC selling you a revamp wouldn't really work with the whole " this is your chosen path" because then all it is, is a "this is your skill-set but no worries your a fast learner here's something new to try" but maybe there could be a way of integrating a way that should you change your path that this is forever noted that you were "once a great scientist" but now a "Explorer in the making" sort of thing?

Thoughts/Opinions?

Thanks for reading guys!

Anoesis
  2. quivers

quivers Cupcake

path is picked at character creation, if you want a diff path you gotta re-roll
  3. TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87 New Cupcake

They've mentioned it's part of who the character is and have no plans to let people change it, so you'll have to create a new character in order to experience the other paths.
    I don't think is necessary to let people change it end game, you'll just have to figure out early in the game if this was the correct choice or not.
  4. Anoesis

Anoesis New Cupcake

That's Fair enough :) I can see why this would be the case i mean i doubt they would want everyone following a trend because its "the best setup" should it contribute towards PVP and PVE giving advantages over others. But at least my question has been answered :) thanks guys!
  5. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I like the fact that it's locked. While it really doesn't affect me, it somewhat irritates me when people change faction/professions what not to get that tiny bit of extra edge. Reason it does, it's because it creates peer pressure on rest of your guildies. A very selfish approach. Even if you are playing at a competitive level, if you are skilled, that tiny bit of extra dmg/buff will not make a difference. It's done more for ego trips then anything else lol.

As for more casual approach, ending not liking it. Well, given that the paths themselves will ensure at least part of the leveling process is still interesting 4th time around, I don't really have a problem with rerolling.

And last, it's a game, we can probably all spare a bit of time to try out the different paths for 10-15 levels before settling on the 'chosen' one. I'd imagine we'll be able to get a good feel of things fairly early on. It really is the same with race/class combos as well. Sometimes a combination seems exciting, and then few levels down the road you stop and realize you don't really feel it. You just go back and pick something else :)
    Anoesis likes this.
  6. Anoesis

Anoesis New Cupcake

Agreed! the only reason i asked in the first place was because would like to of given all of the content a go on one character (as a wow player since release i have been an altoholic and never really tied myself down to enjoying content on just one char and now im sick of that!) But not to worry, like you say initial delving into character combos for the first 15-20 levels should do it!
    Alverad likes this.
  7. Kalorius

Kalorius New Cupcake

kanochi and Kataryna like this.
  8. Shonk

Shonk New Cupcake

While I appreciate the ability to change class specializations, there has never been a "change class" mechanic that didn't cost actual money. W* has already integrated spec changes, but changing a path would be up there with changing a race/class completely. I'm on the fence as to having a buffer time, lets say 5 (maybe 10) levels that allows you to try the different paths without rerolling completely. By the same token, what are you really losing by rerolling at level 5 or 10. I plan on making all the classes I want to play with different paths so I can determine what I enjoy the most. Using process of elimination, I'll make a final class/path combo that suites me perfectly.
  9. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

Certainly would be interesting to be able to change your path on will, hmm. >.> (Starts thinking about how many combinations of characters you'd need for one of every path and character type.) I think I'm going to need more character slots. >.>

Ohhh neat I like quizzes. I ended up with Explorer lol, though I suppose that was pretty obvious since I wanted to play an explorer anyways. = P
    73% explorer, 53% socializer, 47% killer, 33% achiever