1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Planets of Dominion, other than Cassus and other major Races' Homeworld

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by t209, Mar 10, 2014.

1. t209

t209 Cupcake

So why there are entries on TV Trope that the whole war is grey. Yes, Dominion did allowed Draken to climb through the ranks but most of them are saturday morning cartoon villains. I mean Exiles did it out of survival and have sob stories to justify it (Unless Aurin became more warlike as time passes and forgot about their roots, ala Aiel from Wheel of Time).
  2. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

All I have to add here is that the Homeworld of the Eldan wasn't Nexus. It was a giant laboratory. So there is at least one other habitable world which they called home that we can assume exists :)
  3. t209

t209 Cupcake

Or
    They are actually Carbine Studios developers. Possibly Eldritch Gods like Duck Amuck or Matt Hazard or it's actually future of our timeline and Carbine Staff became hyper advanced creator race, ala AT43's Therians.
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Lore and War sound too much alike.
  5. t209

t209 Cupcake

Well, the slashy part is done on "uncivilized" and "non-sentient" creatures while the War is between two factions.
    Like Ishmael said, "The Whole planet is crawling with Psychopathic Killers".
  6. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

*looks at Draken, Chua, Mordesh, and Granok* you could say the same thing still... :p
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

......yeh....right......and what about the Exile that got saved from a monster by a Dominion and stabbed the Dominion in the back while the Dominion guy was the friendly one in this case?

No, the Exiles have lost their so called ''innosence'' and what they can hardly be justified.

Hence why it's gray, the Exiles are as worse and good as the Dominion. The Dominion just uses a bit more explosives.
    And amongst all the ''unknown'' regions there isn't a slight possibility that that's the place where they lived?

They just lived on Nexus aswell (or one of the moons), specially seeing Carbines last statement about the planets, it makes me believes this is even more true.

It's a ''hint'' but personally I either think he's alive or somehow ''ill''....

Seeing all the internal struggles amongst the Luminai I don't think the Emperor could be dead, or ill for a long term. The other luminai would've killed and replaced him by now.

Weither the Mechari really listen to the luminai (as they are of Eldan blood) or not, that's something we'll have to see. But if the Emperor is dead Carbine better make it a rather good story cause, as of now, the lore would be in favor of saying he's alive.

And what's better then leaving ''fake hints'' in a game? Helps the lore hype.
    t209 and Sonntam like this.
  8. Borz

Borz Cupcake-About-Town

Define "habitable". Full ocean planet might be not habitable to average Chua or Granok, but it might not be a problem for some other spieces. And majority of (non-player) races on Nexus are not native, they either arrived after it was rediscovered, or were brought in by Eldan as part of Nexus Project. And all of them had (or maybe even have) their own homeworlds.

Unless at some point we will learn that almost all races in galaxy came from test tube or all of their homeworlds were destroyed, and now they only live on space stations or spaceships.
    Sonntam likes this.
  9. t209

t209 Cupcake

So can I start revealing some things from my quest
    Spoiler: It's about quest in Ellevar Swamps and Auroria
  10. Domi Dayglow

Sometimes I do wonder how the Mechari might develop their own way of worshipping the Lummys (I'm not calling them Luminai! Lummys is more fun.) After all, Mechari are very much interested in knowing what happened to their creators. The Lummys are the nearest thing to an Eldan there is right now in the Dominion.

The next play weekend I plan to try out Dominion characters and their arkship to learn more about Mechari and the Vigilant Church.

I might even make a chua!
  11. t209

t209 Cupcake

Well, you can travel to deradune and take one quest when a dude sent a distress signal that his camp was attacked. You will know that there will be Luminais who plotted against each other (I didn't spoil that part since it's described in the lore about these inbred bluebloods).
    Ironically, Dominion were pragmatic enough to get support from Communist Robots in Auroria, which both of them tried to cut ties with Protostar despite the fact that the company's belief would fit in with their ideals.
    Back to the planet discussion, So what kind of fantasy counterpart culture or accents would fit with either side since I felt that Dominion could need Irish and Scottish (possibly on latter due to Scottish Regiments in 18th century)?
  12. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

Mondo does have a rather amusing hypocritical view on the Aurin, he believes they are savages despite the Chua initially before there technological advance could be considered savage and have the old stereotypical personality of it (Although Draken fit that bill more). Ironically enough the Aurin underwent a similar technology advancement and are right alongside the Mordesh (Which were before the Contagion were considered one of the most technologically advanced civilizations of the galaxy).

As for other habitable planets? Arboria might still be habitable if it is retaken. There were many Aurin that were left behind and judging by Queen Myala's getting sick in Celestion due to feeling constant connections of trees from the Weave getting cut off suggests that it is being used as a resource ball and still have Aurin fighting it. Many Aurin NPC's in-game use retaking Arboria as there motivation to fight (and in Arwick Redleaf's case, completely slaughter) the Dominion.

Bezgelor was turned into a ball of smog, it likely is not habitable anymore. The Draken planet also has been implied to have MANY dangerous predators there so establishing colonies would likely be a disaster without a Draken's guidance and even then that might still go wrong.

Grismara? Maybe, if the Contagion only decays a Mordesh to a certain point it might still be capable be habitable after Lazarin finds a cure that is capable of reversing the Ravenous's condition...or they will just nuke it.

There is also a few off mentioned planets that are similar to Orb Mantell off of Star Wars that are habitable...if you ignore constant gang fights and cartel violence from Mauraders, Krogg, and shady Ekos.
  13. t209

t209 Cupcake

Maybe Grismara could be used to develop a more potent biological weapon by making Contagion that can spread to other species or turn it into large version of Walking Dead's Woodbury with Ravenous Mordesh as entertainment.
    About the few planets, what if your PC was born and raised on cassian outpost, or a Cassian educated human colonists (Like tribute, hostage exchange, Pro-Dominion ideals, better opportunities via intergalactic student program, or sworn fealty in exchange for protection), or settlement?
    Then there's a mention of Westun in Vigilant Star comic, which is either a province in Cassus or a neighboring planet.
  14. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

I doubt the Aurin were all that savage considering they welcomed the exiles in which means they had some knowledge something was out there and they were not alone.

And I would not be surprised if Arboria shows up in an expansion. Wildstar has the advantage of all these planets... technically a whole galaxy worth to plant expansions on. And one could be Exile themed content of retaking Arboria.
  15. Domi Dayglow

Look at earth. There are hundreds of different cultures on this planet. It's not much of a stretch to imagine hundreds of cultures on Cassius. So that shouldn't be a problem. Regional cultures would still spring up I think.

Even if there are "Few" habitable planets in the galaxy, few on a galaxy scale can still be alot. Even if there were only say, a hundred planets in the galaxy that can support life out of literally billions of planets that's still just a few. Yet that's a hundred planets to work with.
    Sonntam likes this.
  16. t209

t209 Cupcake

Well, it's Space Opera and therefore we could go with Planet of the Hats clinche.
  17. t209

t209 Cupcake

And the open beta trailer is up and we got a possibly known galaxy map.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]