1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

playstyle Variation

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Matthew Cockcroft, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Matthew Cockcroft

Matthew Cockcroft New Cupcake

pardon my atrocious english, its my first language but Im not very good at it

So I figure that everyone has a playstyle that they are know and love in MMOs
    for me its DoTs and Debuffing as a caster(although I had TONS of fun as a Marauder in Warhammer as a debuffer), running through raids DoTing things up and making em squishy or Silencing and Fearing in PvP. Im crossing my fingers that Ill find out the Spellslinger can fill out that role and I get to tinker around with it
    what kind of playstyles are you guys hoping to play? what classes do you want to do this on?
  2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I like spell casting with nukes and chains. If I was going to pick a type of caster, it would fall into a summoner or frost based - aka slows and roots - based caster with lots of aoes.

But most of all colorful flashy aoes. I just love them. Healing, dps whatever.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I Prefer Healing = Tanking > DPS characters, so healing and tanking first choise and dps the last.

I love healers mostly with alot of HoT's i feel there is alot more timing in it then with some other heals, and that's what i like about it, also some movement things/escapes.

For a tank i would love to see alot of CC (i include Slow with this), so i love the spells Carbine already stated for a warrior tank, it gives me a good feeling about the third tank class we'll get.

DPS, some kind of mechanic + an overall good kit with all kind if different spells (so nukes + DoT's + CC + constant spells an overall big kit with alot of different spells).

For PvP:
    Healer = HoT's + escapes (Like the Resto druid in WoW, it was perfect for my playstyle!)
    Tank = CC + other anoying spells (I love to interupt people and anoy them as hell)
    DPS = Fast DPS, with some DoT's + some self healing/surviving skills (if i take WoW as example Elemental shaman or Balance druid)

For PvE:
    Healer = HoT's + AoE heals, strong Raid healer moderate single target healer.
    Tank = Kiting + threat management, for a Raiding tank i would love to see kiting possibilities, WoW had no real kiting things for me tbh, i want to see more kiting! Also i love to see threat as something you really need to watch!
    DPS = Well just DPS with some kind of special mechanic, not like ''oh i just need to shoot and nothing else'' I want to use some kind of combo point system or any other system.
  4. Matthew Cockcroft

Matthew Cockcroft New Cupcake

Awesome! now thats some detail!
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I just know what i want :D Played so many MMO's......then you really know your characters and what you like/dislike.

No character is perfect but tbh the druid from WoW came pretty close as the healer i love most + the combo mechanics as feral dps + boomkin had nice nukes + DoT's + self surviving skills, it hit alot of my boxes ;)

Hope WS can hit some boxes for me aswell :up: (looking forward to the unannounced tank and healer classes the most) and the spellslinger healer.
  6. Eldryth

Eldryth Cupcake

Agree with a lot of this (maybe not so much kiting). Also, looking at the screenshots with UI, pretty sure all classes already have unique resource systems.
  7. Xandita

Xandita Cupcake

I don't think there will ever be a class that will hit the nail on the head for me as the Shadow Priest did. It was the closest thing to healing hybrid, in my opinion, because you could heal while you did damage, and even absorb damage, and crowd control, and silence, and horror, and mind control if you were bored, and kite, and control nodes, and tank damage.

Overall good class. No class really gels like that for me. There was some class that hit some points in SWTOR, but the combat system of the game screwed things up for me.

I need my dots.
  8. Talksin

Talksin Cupcake

Yeah I'm hoping spellslinger is dope as well. I mean, I like to pvp so I don't usually get into the backstory of stuff, but the style of spellslinger is just friggin secksi. Reminds me of Torchlight II outlander.
  9. Marv

Marv New Cupcake

I feel you bro, I am also worried there won't be a sustain ranged dps class.
    I want either;

A heavy sustain/support class:
    A class with self sustain (life leech dots? heals?) that dictates the pace of the fight in pvp. Maybe even solid cc abilities to assist in team play.
    e.g Shaman from WAR, using dps abilities would make your healing spells more powerful and vice versa and was one of the strongest hybrids I have ever played. It also had some CC.

A high mobility/burst class:
    A class with lots of movement spells (blink? teleports?) that allows them to kite and avoid damage. With strong cooldown abilities/nukes that are available when you are in a good position.
    e.g Mage from wow only I believe that the mage has to much CC and burst and mobility. One to many in my opinion to make other classes feel like they bring something to the table.