1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Please sign and share. Oceanic players need to be heard!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jayced, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Jayced

Jayced New Cupcake

CRB_Gaffer - "Pings from Down Under to Dallas are IMO pretty unplayable..."

All too frequently in the gaming industry, players in the Oceanic region (Aus / NZ) are forgotten about when it comes to server locations. This leaves every player to make do with well under par / less than desireable pings in order to do what they love - play video games!

Recently, this trend has slowly began to change. Games such as Titanfall, Path of Exile and DOTA2 have established servers in Aus, recognising us as a valuable part of the gaming community.
    Pings of 250ms+ mean end game competitive raiding and PVP'ing is basically an unplayable aspect of the game to the vast majority of players. We, as much as everyone else, would love to be able to experience this and every other portion of the game to the same high quality that everyone in the US and EU are.

Wildstar has the potential the be THE MMO of the decade. Adding servers for the Oceanic players is the next step for this time happen. We know its the chicken and the egg dilema when it comes to considering if servers in our region are financially viable, but its time for game development companies to show us the same love we show them!

Please, sign the petition and pass it on to your friends. We need to show NCSoft, and every other game developer out there, that there IS a massive demand for servers here and we are a valuable part of the gaming community.

Links to posts crying out for Aus servers:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/26kqhm/sigh_i_cant_do_it_without_australian_servers/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1lhy8g/latency_concerns/
    http://www.wildstarforums.com/forums/wildstar-discussions/general-discussion/38711-oceanic-servers-will-there-be-any
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1yrhtd/na_wildstar_performance_in_australia
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

A petition won't help.

Getting more people down under to buy and play the game is what makes them change their minds....

Why do you think those games you've listed made servers there? Trust me, it wasn't because of a...petition...(saying the word ''petition'' in the most demeaning way you can imagine)

But GL getting people to sign it :up:
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Jayced

Jayced New Cupcake

You may very well be right, it may very well end up being a massive waste of time. But at least if it doesn't work out, I can say I tried.

The issue with more Aussies simply playing results in NCSoft thinking "We have X amount of players who are paying regardless of the ping. We already have them, they must be happy else they wouldn't be playing. Why bother with local servers."
    What's really happening is we're dealing with an almost unplayable competitive end game and continually being damaged outside of telegraphs in an effort to try to play a pretty neat game.

If we don't play or boycott the game to 'make a stance'... "Oh, luckily we didn't have Oceanic servers, we clearly don't have too much interest there."

Its easy to sit there and dismiss this whole attempt while you can play with a ping of what, 30ms? Meanwhile, a lot of us deal with hoping to have a ping of 300ms. And this isn't just for Wildstar.. Pretty much every MMO out there...

I think if you were in our position, you'd likely be a little less 'demeaning'.
  4. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Why can't you do a simple search and read the other threads on this subject? I mean ffs, you aren't even the first one to come here begging to get people to sign their petition. they get ~20 sigs and it goes nowhere. Forums are nowhere even close to representative of the community at large.