1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pocketz Sketches

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Pocketz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

ROFL
  2. Artificer

Artificer Cupcake-About-Town

Keep it coming Pocketz! Awesome sketches.
  3. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Thank you for sharing your work. I think you did a fine job coloring the Draken. I look forward to seeing completed Mechari sketches from you, perhaps portraying her in both a non-class piece and one where her character class is evident.
  4. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

Hi again,

Oh gosh, thanks Artificer, your art is AMAZING!!!
    Thank you as well Tribe, although I did try to sketch up some more Mechari, but I don't know I just wasnt feeling it. Perhaps i'll get something done later on.

I havent done much class specific sketches yet, as im struggling with the basics such as...anatomy hur hur.
    But I'll deffo keep it in mind!

Here's a sketch I did today, trying to draw something out of my comfortzone. FULL BODY in some sort of weird position!... I'm starting to like Drekens.....

[​IMG]
  5. Deslo

Deslo New Cupcake

Simply, amazing.
  6. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Even if it's out of your comfort zone, it still looks really quite good. The only part that looks a little forced is her left leg. When the leg is bent that much, the foot rarely sits flat on the ground. If the knee was bent out to her side, then the foot angle would be pointing outward in the direction the knee is. From just looking at the whole pose, I'd probably put the left foot somewhere around your signature, with a straighter leg, as if she's sprawled out a bit, somewhat like a spider that's about to pounce, rather than her just crouching. I think you did a good job with everything else, the overall pose, the arms, hands, horns, hair, right leg, foot, and knee, and you just kick butt with faces and expressions.

So, well.. sorry, you didn't ask for a critique, but I gave one. With each post you seem a bit hesitant about your drawing skills, but so far you seem to be quite good.
  7. Artificer

Pocketz! You got skills! I think keeping a strong traditional foundation is so important (and I often forget it due to the ease of digital). I just want more and more of your sketches! Maybe we can collab one of these days. You sketch it, I'll paint it. Although I think you do a fine job of coloring. Keep it up ;)
  8. Pocketz

@Deslo, :inlove: Thank you.

@ Dysp, Thank you as well, I'm just trying to sketch more and forget about rules, they will come as I go.
    I appreciate your pointers though. When it comes to my hesitation it's probably because I'm a perfectionist at heart and for some reason expect my work to be flawless, and I compare myself heavily to other artist. Which floors me and makes me feel very self conscious. It's a vicious cycle. I'll get better at it.

@ Artificer, My my, thank you as well. I'm not sure what you mean by traditional foundation, as the majority of my work is done digitally. All of my sketches that I've posted here are done digitally. In fact, The only thing I do traditionally is doodles in my school books. haha. I'm very spoiled when it comes to the ease of digital media. However, I do find it easier to sketch through traditional media..hmm, what an oxymoron.

I would love to collab with you! You're a very talented artist! Your coloring skills are impeccable.

Anywho, lets get back to Art, shall we.
    I've been drawing a lot of Draken lately and decided to draw something else, the Chua. However, I tend to draw humans mostly so this proved a struggle. Here you can see my attempts so far.

[​IMG]
  9. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Nice Pompadour. I think the bangs look good on the female Chua, if there are female Chua....
    Pocketz likes this.
  10. Artificer

Sweeeeeet! Those are great. :D
    Pocketz likes this.
  11. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

I love your artstyle! I should really learn how to draw some pretty faces like the ones you draw. All of my characters have the Kristen Stewart syndrome :(
    Siflay and Pocketz like this.
  12. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Edit: MEGA-POST!

Very, very amazing work. I love the soft blending and the cool, kind of smoky feel of the colouring; a very interesting style that has its own charm like WildStar's bright and loud colours.

Excellent anatomy! I love the hardened scaly bits at Draken joints and their horns, and the keratin detailing was excellent along with the irregular shapes of the scaley bits.

Lovely expression! I enjoyed the "Sir? Really?" look with the mix of embarrassment, as ENFs (Embarrassed Nude Females) are one of my favourite things in the world. Clever use of eyebrow movement, eyes, lips, and teeth.

Dat anatomy. Great work on Carbine's "Where are her ribs?" style bodies; it works excellently in highlighting her amazing boobs and those hips. (Most especially the squishy. One of the reasons I love boobs is because of the squishy.) Draken females are sexy, proud, and lethal, and you do them justice.

Tail! I like how her tail is just casually curving off to the side like that.

The lime green swathes on the red background really help make things pop. Great colour scheme.

I'll comment on the sketches later when I have more time. Thanks for the art!

Okay, seriously, who doesn't like female Draken or Draken in general?

Excellent work with the pose! I always love more "feral" poses with lots of bending, as straight up or more "normal" poses are always so boring and static. This is more dynamic, fun, and, uh, really highlights her assets. (Female Draken butts and boobs. Great weakness of mine. Thank you for making them so, so excellent.)

Great work on the face again. I love more playful looks on the Draken, especially ones that still retain that "lion" feel to it. She's having fun, alright, but you aren't getting out of it unharmed--or alive.

Excellent work on the crotch armour. (I don't know what else to call it!) Personally, I'm not a fan of "animal hide" armour that isn't worked into leather, but it works for this gal.

Lovely work with the scales. I love those scales; really gives the Draken that extra touch of roughness and wildness.

Oh, that tail! Very expressive and fun, that tail. I love it.

Great work with the combat boots. I love me some metal reinforced stompers.

Excellent work with the hands. I like the claw-like quality to them. Great work with the arms, too.

Lovely horns. The horns are one of the best part about Draken.

Nice work with the rocks. I love how they're all craggy and uneven, the likes of which you'd find in Deradune, Algoroc, or a similarly untamed zone.

I am most definitely enjoying your art. It's a real treat to see, with the similarities to Carbine's style and the elegance of the ink/pencil on paper. Very lovely effect.

I love squatting poses like that. I really, really love the "Mechari" feel of how her legs bend and especially those feet. The human foot is a good design, but it just doesn't look good on more efficiently designed beings; robotic "hooves" ftw.

Great work on the joints and limbs. I like how there's a plate covering on her knees to hide the more complex ball-joint mechanics, and I simple love the Mechari arm, the especially the part with the bisected (or is it? I don't know the exact term) part with the exposed metal. The porcelain/ceramic coating is nice, but what's under the hood (so to speak) are what I really want to get at.

I realize that that statement has a lot of perverted undertones to it. Ah well.

Floating head crystals! Detached limbs and body parts that float nearby are one of my favourites. It's interesting and strangely elegant, not needing a ball-joint or to actually be attached to move.

Awesome work with the "Robot Bits" on the head. I love the elegant, imposing "horns" and those mandibles. Gives her a rather insectoid feel, which I adore.

Robot boobs. I like how it's part of the Mechari's coating; it really fits that they wouldn't be as squishy or affected by gravity as organics' assets are, or even be able to move about. (Perky, too...)

Excellent job on the "spine" and "neck." Those metal bits are what interest me the most, and they remind me greatly of the Mordesh, another favourite race of mine.

I won't add anything about the hot lady Draken, seeing as she already got her own post.

Keep it up. Your art is amazing.

Great work so far! They're not as chubby or rounded as regular Chua, but I see that as a good thing. The more scrawny, scraggly look is more "rat" and less hamster, which is interesting.

Excellent work with the expressions. I especially love the "Elvis" Chua (second to the right) and his expression. I can't tell what it is he's feeling, but it's just hilarious.

I love the beheaded girl with the fourth Chua, made espcially fun with the cheerleader/ballerina costume or whatever the hell that is. The blank look of horror and death is well done, as is the blood trail spewing from where her neck used to be.

The expression of anger like "This is MY show, you <REDACTED>!" or "Anyone else want me to dance, huh? ANYONE?!" is amazing, most especially with her(?) ears down to the side like that.

P.S. Thought you might be interested in this, if you hadn't already seen it:

The Female Draken Thread -- http://www.wildstar-central.com/ind...on-blood-wine-with-a-side-of-fresh-meat.2016/
    Pocketz and Malifykai like this.
  13. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I am just speechless...

Pocketz your work is phenomenal and you have brought a new unique style to an already super-artsy community, and dropped many a jaw including my own (not an easy task!). I adore your female Draken pieces please feel free to drop by and share you work, I'd love to feature your art in my thread it is insanely good.

I can't like your stuff enough, I'd just like you to know that you have another fan and she is just twitching in joy/envy at the sight of your work.
  14. Pocketz

After finishing a massive Math test the other day, I decided to treat myself to some art.
    Which resulted in this sketch. (HOLY <REDACTED> IM DOING FULL BODY SKETCHES? WHAT HAPPENED. This is rare for me...)

[​IMG]

Mind you the anatomy is a bit wonkey, maybe I should use ref's. ALSO, LOOK AT THOSE FEET! it's coming along....<_<
    Drakens are still rocking my mind, here is a warrior...maybe?

Credit where credit is due: Horns and "sword" is inspired if not blatantly copied from Wildstar official concept art.

@Tribe, Haha I didnt think of the fact that it resembles a Pompadour, I was thinking more Elvis, I was even considering giving him a cape....

@ Kai, Thank you! It's all practice really, I tend to draw more face than anything, and it shows when I venture out of my comfort zone, It's all practice. I see what you mean with "Kirsten Stewart" syndrome, as I've seen you've made them look very "hollow" or "super skiny" I'm not sure if thats what youre going for or not. I do like your art though :inlove: You have very clean lines.

@ Ruff, Holy wall of text batman! That's a lot! However I do appropriate every single word, I like how you go in to detail which makes me look back at the art and focus on what you focus on. It inspires me to do other things or to enhance some things. Thanks for loving my work! Also MUCH kudos for directing me to that thread, I've gained a lot of good facts from there now. (Also, for linking my thread :inlove:)

@ Jynetik, My, those are some very hearth warming words. I hear you when it comes to AWESOME ART COMMUNITY, I've been " a part" of a few, but always lingered in the shadows. Here I feel very embraced. :inlove: Of course you can use my art in your thread, which is amazing btw and VERY organized, as a micromanaging control freak, i give it thumbs up! I can only hope to get more fluent with my art so i can maybe do some character commissions once the game starts up!
    PS, I love your art as well, it inspires me, please do more!
  15. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

That face just makes the entire drawing. "Heh, you didn't think you were getting out of this alive, were you?" Sassy, evil, and sexy, right there.

Excellent work on the horns. I always loved larger, curved horns that sweep back like that. The models with spikes on the spikes are second to the more elegant single point, but they're still incredibly awesome.

Ohmagawd, that hair. Seriously, I love long, flowing looks like that, so very relaxed. I love the locks on the sides and on her face; super great detail.

Look at that midriff. Great work on the solid abs and stomach; I'm not really a fan of well-defined musculature on women.

Check out that armour. I love how it's a ceramic-porcelain plate that seems to resemble a tank-top (I recognize it from DS: Crowd Control). Though it plays on my willing suspension of disbelief with regards to protection, it looks perfect on her very military, and a little bit casual.

Yus, scales and ridges! My favourite part of female Draken, and always a very, very appreciated detail, right there! I love how you do the main ridge on the base of her tail along with those little splotches on the side.

Great work with the skulls and the teeth for her shorts. I love how the whole get-up is tank-top+short-shorts in futuristic armour form; it's a great aesthetic and though I doubt its efficiency in actual combat, it is an excellent look for her. Very casual, yet still fit for combat (somewhat).

Excellent work on the arms and hands. I love defined musculature like that, and the way her fingers wrap around the hilt are excellent. I'm a sucker for small details.

Thank you for the art. You have such a unique and lovely style.
  16. Zyd

Zyd Cupcake

Amazing work!
  17. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Pocketz

I should totally take some time to draw nothing but faces, which is what I was actually referring to... along with hands and feet :p

I know most(all) of my drawings usually feature very skinny people (and believe when I say I try not to make them look so unhealthy), but I guess it has to do with the fact that I have an eating disorder, thus venturing out of my comfort zone is not all that... well, comfortable ;)

Anyways, thank you, I really appreciate it :inlove: Your art is lovely, so keep it coming!
  18. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

<Flops and flails onto the ground covered in blood following up an explosive discharge of gore from the nostrils, grasping into the air desperately.>

W... waaaant!!!!...

<Croaks.>
    ruff_ethereal likes this.
  19. Kryaus'73

Kryaus'73 New Cupcake

Not sure how I missed this but wow. I am luvin the chuas...chuaeis.. what ever.
    Loads of personality.
  20. Pintail

Pintail New Cupcake

Oh My!