1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Pocketz Sketches

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Pocketz, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Pocketz

Pocketz Cupcake-About-Town

Hah, Hey guys. I've kind of disappeared a little which we can all blame my school for, my semester is drawing to a close which means loads of huge assignments are due, etc, etc.

More art will come a long when time allows me to indulge.
    I hope you're all having a wonderful time and that the news about the beta is making you ecstatic!
    I'm not singing up for beta, because I'll be playing with loads of friends at launch and don't want to spoil my experience.
  2. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Good luck with that, Pocketz! Real life comes first, so none of us really mind. Also, thanks for the art so far! It's been amazing.
    Pocketz likes this.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Try not to draw anymore scandalous draken lasses. I don't think my body can handle another. D:
  4. Elloa

Elloa Cupcake

Already wanted to make a Draken female before having seen your artwork, but this certainly confirm my choice even more!
    Love it!

(the other sketches are awesome aswell! Great job!)
  5. Pocketz

I'm BACK, in Sweden-land.
    I managed to do SOME random sketches one night on my vacation. Here they are:

[​IMG]

@ Elloa, haha, thank you! I love drawing smexy women :inlove:

@ Xlugon, HERES ANOTHERE ONE.. sorta, she looks like something out of a star trek episode though..

@ Ruff, luffs :inlove:
  6. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Pocketz you are just too fantastic, can't wait to see how these sketches evolve.
    Pocketz likes this.
  7. Pocketz

ooohoo Thanks Jynetik!
    Btw, check out #WildstarCupcakes. It's a new Deviantart group, perhaps you can help us fill the folders up with amazing art?

I just sketched this up, It would of been done in less than an hour, instead of 2 hours that it took, IF I COULD JUST DRAW HANDS! my god, i re did that hand 5 times. took 2 ref pictures..uugh. The result is...ok..

[​IMG]

This Draken lady is inspired by Fahari by Shadowed Sin over at Wildstar-Roleplay
    FelixAkuma, kaimarshall, Dysp and 2 others like this.
  8. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Bullet-belt? Dog tags? Tank top? *whistles* Great combination on a female Draken, I'll tell you that.

Great work on the smile and the teeth, so devious and predatory. I also love the way she's biting the pin off the grenade; rather impractical in reality, I presume, but looks really, really damn cool.

There's a bit of dissonance with the eyes, though. The pupils seem a little too small and I'm confused about whether she's merrily grinning at a soon-to-be-dead bunch of foes huddled behind cover, or looking at something she's expressing polite interest at. Eyes are really what define the expression for me, regardless of all the other features.

I like the ragged notches on the ear. Clean scars are fine, but ones that are ugly like that are infinitely more interesting.

Lovely work with the hair. I love the sharp, flowing bangs and the way it just sweeps down like that. Very elegant.

Face stripe. Love it.

Nice work with the shoulder scales. It's a very important detail, those bumps on a Draken's shoulders and hips. I like the uneven, natural design to them.

Excellent work with the chain. I like how its flying around and its chain isn't one single, elegant loop downwards, but jagged in places. It's a very realistic look and goes well with the energy and dynamics of the piece.

Tiiiitttttssss... sorry. Anyway, great work with her breasts; I like how they aren't pressed together in the middle and spaced out realistically. The middle section having less of a defined curve to it because of the weight being concentrated on either side was a nice touch.

Those frayed edges to the jacket? Nice. Sleeveless clothes may just look cool, but damn, do they look cool.

Dem waist and hips. I love those little bits of hip bone poking out through the skin, a very nice detail I can't seem to nail myself. Excellent work with how the fabric bunches up where she's bending, and thanks for the little peek of skin (hide?) and scales.

Those must be some very, very short shorts. Me likey. I also like the fit. I just tried to describe it, but failed, so I'll try again: I like how its not a perfect fit and the bit near the button, with the flap going over the point where they meet was nice.

Oh, dat tail. Muscular, with the scale pattern, too. Perfect.

Fingerless gloves! Again, more for looking cool than any practical purpose, but looking cool is what really matters here, no? Great work with her hand/claw; the way it bends around the grenade makes it look like she's got a firm but not vice grip on it, perfect for control with her throw and not accidentally arcing it all the way to the ground near her. I like the ridges with the grenade, too.

Thank you for the sexy female Draken arts, Pocketz, it's much appreciated.

P.S. <REDACTED>. Forgot about the horns. I like the smooth, bulky curve compared to the rest of her. It's a nice contrast to the sharp, military look she has.
    Pocketz likes this.
  9. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Pocketz,
    out of all the wildstar fanart I've seen, your faces are simply without equal when it comes to personality and character. Every time I see new sketches from you I'm just happily amused with their quality! I really think you capture some of that original Carbine quirky sense of humor in your work.

With that said, I'd absolutely LOVE to see you color ...I think it was the second sketch in this thread, where the draken female is on all fours. I definitely think that particular sketch deserves as much development as you're willing to give it! :)

THANK YOU for your art, and I'd love to know what you think of mine. I'm planning on posting them all in their own thread here soon, but for now you can see them on my deviantart page.
    http://hyzenthlay1.deviantart.com/
    Pocketz and ruff_ethereal like this.
  10. Pocketz

Much love, ninja post (ill comment more later, in an RBG)

[​IMG]
  11. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Every time you showed this work tonight during your livestream I was happy to see it. Gotta love that pin biting beauty! :)

Oh! and I can't tell you how badly I've wanted to collaborate with a fellow WSC artist! I'll message you tonight with some ideas I've been cooking up. ^_^
  12. Pocketz

Blaargh, I'm so creative lately!!
    Siflay send me that damn note already ;)

I ALWAYS LOVE YOUR ESSAY COMMENTS RUFF :inlove:

Here's a chua, gosh darnit!
    [​IMG]

So, someone told me about VALUES, and i was like "da <REDACTED> is that?" So i googled and watched some youtube clips. I WORKED ON IT HERE, i can see that it doesnt have ENOUGH depth yet, but hey, my back is killing me I'll get better with the next piece. This is a new rule of mine, STOP when you're a head, the second I feel the art is being tedious I've gone too far.
  13. OriCakes

OriCakes Cupcake

Arkship Destiny - Awaiting Arrival on Planet Nexus

This is beautiful! I shed a single tear.
    Pocketz likes this.
  14. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

VERY well done! The highlights reflected in the hair n face from the crystal show yer coloring artistic growth! You are without a doubt seriously talented and I'm happy to get to see yer work regularly. Also, I think yer opinion on art n how it must b fun is so special. Thank you once again for sharing!!!
  15. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

P. s. I'm sick but I'll write u that collab idea message ASAP
  16. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

That is absolutely brilliant! :)

I hate Chuas with passion, and I will murder them any given chance, but you did very good job giving me a better idea of my targets. :)
  17. Pocketz

Art spam!

[​IMG]

Smexeh Aurin sketch.

Siflay, I'll get to your note soon just got home from school n such and wanted to post this. :inlove:
    FelixAkuma, Nicodemus, Dysp and 4 others like this.
  18. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

So cute, I love it! :)
  19. Death

Death Cupcake-About-Town

Meow nurse! Keep up the great work Pocketz! :) I'll keep an eye out.
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Isn't that a Dominion icon on her thigh? I'm having a hard time deciphering the negative space there.. is she wearing shorts or a bikini bottom with leggings/stockings? The icon could either be an emblem on a pair of stolen Dominion pants (Exiles would probably steal Dominion stuff) or it could be a treacherous tattoo. :p

The drawing looks good overall. I really like the legs and boots.